United

Someone Better
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a new school year. To be exact, it would be the last school year Kyungmi and her friends will ever have before they enter the world of employment.

“Good morning Taehyung!” Joohee greeted when she and Jungkook arrived at school. “Why haven’t you contacted me?”

“Shut up Joohee,” Jungkook sighed irritably. After Chanyeol, Kai and Kyungsoo talked to Taehyung that day, the latter called his best friend to tell him about his cousin.

“I’m not talking to you Jungkook! Why are you always so grumpy around me?” Joohee asked.

“I’m sorry. I’ve been busy. My parents asked to do something for them,” Taehyung shrugged.

 

Taehyung bid goodbye to Jungkook as he went along towards his first class. When he arrived, everyone turned silent. Chanyeol, Luhan and Sehun were encircling around Kyungmi who had a look of fear in her eyes.

“What’s going on?” Taehyung asked. Chanyeol pointed at the blackboard and Taehyung’s eyes followed suit. He saw ‘Kim Kyungmi is a for making out with Do Kyungsoo’ written on it.

“Do you know who did this?” Sehun spoke coldly.

“I could only think of one person,” Taehyung thought.

“You better keep an eye on that , Taehyung,” Chanyeol growled. “I don’t want this to happen again, do you understand?”

“Yes, I understand,” Taehyung nodded.

“Chanyeol, can we go outside for awhile?” Kyungmi’s voice was shaking due to unshed tears.

The boy’s features softened when he looked at his girl. “Of course. Let’s go,”

 

Everyone was giving the two dirty looks, or more specifically, giving Kyungmi dirty looks.

“I bet if Kai wasn’t her brother, she would’ve seduced him too,” They heard someone say.

“She’s only asking for attention. She’s hanging around Chanyeol because he’s the heartthrob of the school now,” another girl said.

“She’s so gross, cheating on Taehyung. She should be ashamed of herself,” another followed.

“I don’t even get what they see in her. I’m clearly more beautiful than her. She must be over-used by now,”

 

Chanyeol felt Kyungmi’s hold on his hand tightened. He pulled Kyungmi out of the school and made her get inside his car.

“What are you doing Chanyeol?” Kyungmi’s eyes widened.

Chanyeol grinned at the girl. “We’re cutting classes,”

 

Chanyeol drove at the nearby park. Kyungmi got out of the car and sat on one of the benches, watching owners walk their dogs and parents play with their kids.

“Here,” Chanyeol came back with Kyungmi’s favorite drink, vanilla milk tea with grass jelly.

“Thanks,” Kyungmi smiled as Chanyeol sat next beside her. “We’re gonna get in so much trouble,”

Chanyeol laughed. “It’s only the first day of school. It’s not like we’re gonna do something right away,”

Kyungmi sighed longingly. “It must be nice living in peace,” she said while looking at the innocent bystanders.

“You can live in peace too,” Chanyeol held her hand. “We’ll find out who was behind that,”

“We already know who did that,” Kyungmi’s voice was suddenly filled with anger. “The problem is how we can prove it,”

“You don’t have to do anything. We’ll take care of it for you, even Taehyung will help,”

“You would do that for me?” Kyungmi looked at Chanyeol’s brown orbs.

“I would do anything for you,” Chanyeol kissed Kyungmi’s forehead. “I love you so much,”

“I wish I could say the same thing,” Kyungmi bit her lip. “I wish you could be happy with me as I am with you. You’re here doing everything for me and I can’t even reciprocate it,”

“I am happy. Just having you by my side is enough to make me happy,”

 

Kyungmi felt over-whelmed at Chanyeol’s words that she just hugged him. They stayed like that for awhile until the girl was someone standing beside them through her peripheral vision.

“Yumi?” Kyungmi gasped, immediately removing her hands from Chanyeol.

Chanyeol chuckled. “You should’ve warned me you’re gonna come here and visit,”

“I was curious of your progress, and FYI, if I told you I would lose the element of surprise,” Yumi winked. “What makes you think that I came here because of you?”

“Wait, you’re not mad?” Kyungmi was beyond shocked. Yumi just witnessed her boyfriend hug someone else, and to add, she knows that her boyfriend loves someone else.

“It may sound as a shock but I already know the truth even before this dude told me,” Yumi slapped Chanyeol’s back. “We just promised to break-up in person before we date anyone else,”

“I’ll leave you two alone then,” Kyungmi left with her mind scattered all over the place.

 

Yumi took Kyungmi’s place beside Chanyeol. The moment they looked at each other, they smiled.

“So… you found her?” Yumi began.

“I did… It didn’t take long to find her. I contacted her older brother once I got everything settled for my transfer ,” Chanyeol explaine

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter