Sharing

Someone Better
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol glared at Yifan. Yumi saw the change in his aura and she could just chuckle.

“Would you mind telling me how you know Yumi’s friend?” Chanyeol raised his eyebrow.

Kyungmi looked at her brother. “You won’t mind if I tell them a little earlier right?”

“Of course not, Yumi knows already anyway,” Yifan walked till he reached Kyungmi and gave her a back hug and kissed her hair.

Chanyeol felt a pang of jealousy ran through him that dissipated as soon as Kyungmi spoke. “He’s my brother,”

“What?” Chanyeol’s eyes widened. “You never told me you had another brother,”

“Well, technically, he’s my adopted brother. My parents adopted him from Guangzhou. My parents told me he looked battered and malnourished so his identity was kept just in case someone with not-so-good intentions comes to find him,”

“So why tell me now?” Chanyeol can’t help but feel envious of Yifan’s arms around Kyungmi.

“I can tell by your voice that you’re jealous. Excuse me Yifan,” Kyungmi chuckled and walked towards Chanyeol to give him a hug. “Please, don’t be jealous,” she pecked his cheeks.

“Eeww, you two are gross. C’mon, let’s eat. The food’s getting cold,” Yumi cringed at the sight.

 

The table was set-up where the food is placed at the center with four plates surrounding it. Kyungmi was seated next to Chanyeol, across Yumi who was seated next to Yifan.

“Dang, these look good. Who cooked these?” Yifan’s mouth watered.

“Chanyeol and Kyungmi prepared all of this,” Yumi winked at Kyungmi.

“So you finally learned how to cook baby girl. Back then you only know how to heat up noodles,” Yifan teased.

“I was just a kid when you left so shut up Yifan!” Kyungmi pouted. The three laughed at the girl’s antics.

“You’re right Kris, you’re baby sister is so adorable,” Yumi laughed.

“Not you too Yumi!” Kyungmi whined.

 

The table was filled with chatter. Yumi and Yifan shared their modeling experience back in the US and that they were taking a break right now. Chanyeol and Kyungmi told them their story of how when they first met and how they became friends. Yumi and Chanyeol shared their story when the latter was staying in Canada.

“You were so destructive back then. I didn’t know. I’m sorry,” Kyungmi held Chanyeol’s hand.

“You stayed with me even though you knew. That’s what matters,” Chanyeol kissed the girl’s forehead.

“Big ears, stop monopolizing my sister,” Yifan pointed out. “How’s school anyway?”

Kyungmi’s hold on Chanyeol tightened signaling him not to say anything. “It’s fine. Nothing to worry about. I’m graduating anyways,”

“Tell them Kris,” Yumi nudged the man beside her.

“Later,” Yifan winked at Yumi.

 

Chanyeol and Kyungmi took the responsibility of cleaning up the dishes while Yifan and Yumi stayed at the living room.

“Why didn’t you tell your brother about what’s happening?” Chanyeol asked.

“I don’t want to burden him about this. He’s already worried about what happened with Taehyung,” Kyungmi sighed. “I don’t want to add a baggage to his life. He already has a lot on his plate,”

Chanyeol paused at his task and made Kyungmi face him. “You’re really sweet you know that?” He didn’t give her time to respond and peppered her with kisses that made her giggle.

 

Yifan grew impatient waiting for the two to arrive.

“What the hell took you guys so long?!” Yifan exclaimed.

“Some minor distraction in the kitchen,” Chanyeol pulled Kyungmi to sit on his lap as he sat cross-legged on the floor. “I remember that you have something to tell us?”

“Well, while you were taking so long being distracted in the kitchen, I asked Yumi to be my girlfriend,” Yifan held Yumi’s hand. “And of course, she said yes,”

“Really?! Wow! Congratulations to the two of you!” Kyungmi clapped her hands.

“Now, the only thing left is for you guys to be together too,” Yumi pointed out.

“We can’t… yet,” Chanyeol spoke. “Things are lot more complicated than it seems. I want to do it the right way. I’m gonna court her first,”
“Haven’t you already started that?” Yumi raised her eyebrow.

“It doesn’t count. You haven’t officially ended things with each other when that happened. I told Chanyeol this and he understands,” Chanyeol gave her a back-hug and laid his chin on her shoulder.

“Now that we have that established. I have another news for everyone,” When everyone’s attention is on Yifan. “As I have finished my work as a model for now, I have been asked to work as a professor at the University of Seoul in Performing Arts,”

“WHAT?!” Kyungmi’s eyes widened. “When? How? Why? ! !”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter