Chapter 8

My Street Dancing Wife

"You are ing kidding right?" asked Hyoyeon, taking a big bite out of her hamburger

Kai decided to take her to eat and continue talking about The Knights disbanding. How is that  possible?  We are great friends, never fighting and have tons of trust in each other, so what threw us apart? Sure we have fights here and there, but not in the group but with other dance crews. We have NEVER once fought with each other so what is the problem? 

"Everyone left..." explained Kai "Because they all got recruited to other dance crews. As you know that competition is starting soon. Everyone wants the best out of the best and everyone wants to win."

"They never accepted any of the request though." I reasoned "Hell I never accepted any of those stupid request to quit the Knights. We are at the top of the top. The dance crew to beat. We could easily win the competition, so why leave?" 

"The members were just recruited. This year the dance crews were so desperate, they are willing to pay loads of money to "buy" each member and make them the leader of whatever crew." 

"You kidding...." I said, astonished "What's the prize this year which makes them so desperate?"

"Maybe it's the fact the whole crew gets a dance studio. I heard it's going to be gigantic. There's also the cash prize and the leader of the group and co if they have one will be on the cover of Ceci magazine. I don't know who the hell is funding this, but it is a damn good chance for dancers to make their name our there. Ceci magazine is huge!"

"What is the cash prize?"

"Oh. 2 million." replied Kai

"That's a weird number 2. Why not just a million?"

"Don't ask me."

Hyoyeon bit her lip. "This is ing ! The crew leave for what? A chance to have fame?! Money? We can win no sweat!"

"Being on the cover means everything. It should mean everything right now. Street dancing is great and all, but this is a great chance to make it big out there. I understand their choice." shrugged Kai "I don't like it, but what can we do?" 

"True..." agreed Hyoyeon "Now tell me why I should marry Eunhyuk. You talked about it this morning and it's been bothering me."

"Remember your tuition bills for college? I know for a fact that you don't have enough money to pay the school back. Sure they gave you a scholarship, but only ten grand. You university is around 50,000 a year and it's been 4 years so 200,000. You only paid about 50 grand so you have 150 to go, but you think you can repay that much money and still survive?"

"That is my business." snapped Hyoyeon 

"I know, but this can be a god opportunity for you Hyo... I'm just saying he can be a start of something good for you. Your future will be so much better. This man is willing to pay for your life Hyo. Who knows how much he is proposing. Maybe it isn't going to last long. Your fake marriage." 

"You've got a point, but I don't like this idea. My biggest pet peeve is taking people's money. It doesn't feel right." 

"I'm just giving you advice as an oppa." 

"I know. It's sweet, but I'll need time to think about it." 

Oppa don't you see I really like you? I don't want to be fake married to a dude like him. Stupid oppa. Hyoyeon finished off her food and drank her soda. She stood up and threw the the wrapper from the burger and empty soda cup in the trash can, making her way outside. Kai joined her shortly after. 

Before Kai can say anything, Hyoyeon cut him off. "Don't talk for the whole ride." 

He nodded in agreement. She must be pissed off at me for suggesting to marry Eunhyuk... I admit, I'm mad at myself, but this is for her. I wish I have that much money to pay for her college, but I don't, It breaks me to not be able to help her. Kai drove Hyoyeon to her apartment and waved her goodbye, Hyoyeon didn't wave back. She did not want to for she had a lot on her mind. 

*****

Hyoyeon continuously stared at her phone on and off. Should I call Eunhyuk or text him. Aish! I ran off from him yesterday and now I expect him to even pick up or even text back? Still, his proposal scared the living out of me. Hyoyeon had no where else to go at this time... She can't street dance because her crew is gone. How am I going to make money? Why is everything good going downhill for me... Hyoeyon's phone buzzed, receiving a message....

Remember the festival dance? -Kai

It's canceled. -Hyoyeon 

No. It's not. -Kai

Well. We have no crew so yes. -Hyoeyon

We do. -Kai

Who? -Hyoyeon

You and me! :) -Kai

Haha. Very funny. -Hyoyoen

I'm serious. We can totally still do the gig. -Kai

It's a GROUP dance. Not DUET. -Hyoyen

We ARE a group. Also we will be doing the dance competition like any year. -Kai

Hyoyeon dialed Kai's phone number. 

"Hey." said Kai

"How are we going to be in the competition? The gig? Stop day dreaming Kai." responded Hyoyeon 

"I'm not." he replied with honesty "The rules never said it had to be a group just dance crew. The two of us own a dance crew and we are in it. That is enough. I already checked with he officials and they said it's fine. Also we are doing the damn gig because I called them too and those people don't mind if you and me dance. We still get paid the same price." 

"Are kidding..." remarked Hyoeyon 

"I'm not." 

"Thanks for the info." laughed Hyeoyon 

"Are you going to marry Eunhyuk?" asked Kai all to sudden

"I don't know. Bye." 

Hyoyeon chose to end the phone call and ignore Kai's next few messages. Should I marry him? Am I that kind of woman? Hyoyoen closed her eyes and decided to sleep on it. Maybe I can make the final decision tomorrow. I have lots of time don't I? 

*****

Eunhyuk strolled back and forth in his office waiting desperately for an important call. His phone rang. 

"Do you have info on her?" asked Eunhyuk excitedly 

"Yes sir." said the man on the phone "You information is coming shortly." 

"Good." 

He ended the phone and felt a weight lifted off his chest. It is one step getting closer to her. One step closer to making this woman mine. Just you wait Hyoyeon. You will be and shall be my bride when we walk down that damn isle! Eunhyuk dialed a special phone number. 

"Umma. I'm planning on getting married this weekend."