Mr. Simple

She Fell For A Famous Idiot

 

The next day came before I found myself struggling to get up. I sat on my comforter, and stared at the wall while rubbing my eyes. Today is going to be a possibly long day, considering the fact that I now have that thing as a pet. I mean, seriously! Who in the world, with a sane mind, would keep a squirrel as a pet? Hee—hee….Was was her name again? Urgh, I’m just gonna call her Heechul for now since it’s gone in my mind, but who would have that thing as a pet?

I rubbed my temples in pure irritation due to yesterday. I swear, that Heejong chick is going to drive me nuts.

“Cho Kyuhyun here! And she’s expecting Mr. Lee to pick up! …. Mr. Lee? Hello~? ALEX LEE, PICK UP THE PHONE! YOU THINK I HAVE ALL DAY?” my phone rang.

Yeah, don’t ask about the ringtone. The whole, “Mr. Lee” joke just happened because of me being a guy and such (pretty obvious, right?) and the “Mrs. Cho” thing is because to foreigners, Kyuhyun looks like a girl. Yeah, can’t blame ‘em, a bunch of Korean celebrities (example: Taemin) look like hot girls at first sight to some people.

Fumbling to get my phone, I flipped it open, “Hello?”

“Ah, did I wake you up?” he chuckled.

I instantly smiled upon hearing his voice, “No, I was already awake.”

“Ahh…Well I called to ask if I could come over.”

My face lit up,“Eh?”

“When can I come over?” he repeated himself. “Not today though, we have filming today.”

“I-I don’t know, I haven’t thought about that yet. Next week? Depends on how fast I can get my roommate out of here.”

“Ah, so is she nice? What’s she like?”

“I…I honestly don’t know, I just met her yesterday, and we barely even talked.”

“What’s her name?”

“It has a Hee in it, I don’t know, she just said it once.” I sighed, “Anywho, I’m gonna go get breakfast, are you free later?”

“I’ll get back to you later on that, cause right now, I don’t think I am.”

I sighed, “Alright then, bye.” I muttered, hanging up.

Well I’m disappointed.  I thought that since, you know, Kyuhyun and I have barely seen each other, he would’ve tried to make the conversation longer. But of course, he didn’t. I’m probably over thinking this, but I don’t care! I miss him. I miss him a whole lot. Him being in Taiwan was just lonely for me! I mean, I like him being here with me, just him there made me happy.

I got up on my legs and started to walk out the door, into the bathroom to do my daily routines. Once I was done, I walked back out into the living room to see Heejong—or Void, as she calls herself—eating toast while giving some to her squirrel.

“Morning.” I mumbled, glaring at Alvin.

The squirrel stared at me, watching my every move—like a ninja—as if it was going to jump me.

I walked into the kitchen, opened the fridge and grabbed the carton of milk. Out of habit, I just drank it from the carton, spitting it out the second I found out that it was spoiled.

“Milk was overdue a month ago.” Heejong said nonchalantly, petting Alvin’s head.

“Now you tell me?” I twitched, dumping the milk over the sink. I the tap water to get the disgusting taste out of my mouth to only have the water spray all over me. The good news was that I got some in my mouth; the bad news was that I was completely soaked.

“Alvin broke the sink this morning.”

I glared at my roommate as I grabbed a cup and walked back to the fridge to get some ice. The second I pressed for ice was the second I found out that the ice dispenser had a malfunction since there was now ice everywhere on the floor.

“The ice dispenser’s—”

“It would’ve been nice if you would’ve told me earlier!” I snapped.

“You never asked” she shrugged.

I twitched. What is with this girl?

“Have you called someone to fix the sink?”

“It broke this morning while I was out, running errands, so no.”

“Why aren’t you calling someone now?”

“I’m feeding Alvin.”

“There are nuts on the trees that are in front of the apartment. Just let him out and let him go wild.”

“I’m not going to let Alvin get filthy. He doesn’t like being outside, anyways.”

“He’s a squirrel! He doesn’t speak our language! How did you ever find that out?”

"He's my adopted son. He just takes after me.”

“…You sleep with animals?”

“I don't do . I do people.”

"Mhm...I'm sure you do." I nodded.

"Sure I do what?"

Getting annoyed by the subject, I sat next to him and said, "Changing the subject, Heejong, tell me about yourself."

Heejong shrugged. "Whatever. What do you want to know?"

“I don't know, that's why I asked you."

"Well, I don't know what to tell you."

"Anything's fine"

Suddenly my phone rang, interrupting our conversation. I grabbed my phone; Donghae was calling. I picked up with a, “Hello?”

“Ah! Alex!” Donghae sang. “Are you doing well in your new apartment? Is everything okay?”

“Yeah, I’m fine.”

“Did you meet your roommate yet?”

“Mhm…” I nodded, taking a glance at Heejong. She was still feeling her animal.

“What’s her name?”

“…You put me under the same roof of someone you don’t even know the name of?”

“Well, Jino recommended me the apartment—and he said that his friend was looking for a roommate.”

“Ah…I see.” I nodded before walking into my room.

“So do you think I can visit you today?”

My brow rose. “Aren’t you busy?”

“It doesn’t mean I can’t make time.”

I laughed, “Alright, if you want.”

“Okie dokie! Ah, we’re recording our MV today, do you want to come and visit?”

I chuckled, “Donghae, don’t you remember what happens whenever I go to the music video shootings?”

“No, what happens?”

“Let’s see, Bonamana was when I fell unconscious, and No Other was when Kyuhyun fainted and was forced to be sent to the hospital.”

“Ahh, that’s right. But don’t worry! Mr. Simple will be better! Come on, please?” Donghae started to pout.

“Alright, alright.” I chuckled, hanging up the phone.

Heejong took a sip of her drink, “So? Who was that?” his brow rose.

Oh shoot, don’t tell him about Donghae!

“That was my brother—he’s the MV director for SM.”

Okay, so you’re probably wondering why I’m telling Miss….Oh crap, what’s her last name again? Urgh, anyways, I’m telling Heejong that Hae’s the MV director simply because if she knew about Donghae being…You know, the Super Junior member that most fangirls dream about, then imagine how insane living with her is going to be! Selling Donghae’s autograph on eBay, psh! Like I’m going to ever let that happen!

“Anyways, I’m going to go.” I quietly said before walking off to my room.

Quickly, I started to change into a t-shirt, and jeans. With a hat on my head, I checked the mirror—I look like a guy. Perfect.

“I’m leaving.” I said, walking out of the door.

Yes! Freedom from that prank infested house! Thank goodness! I thought I would’ve never gotten out!

Once I got out of the building, I was happy. More than happy, in fact. It felt nice to be out of that strange place! I can breathe! I’m happy! Nothing can ruin my happiness!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~-

“ALEX, LET GO OF ME! I CAN’T BREATH!”

“IT’S YOUR FAULT THAT I’M LIVING WITH A MANIAC OF A ROOMATE THAT PULLED SEVERAL PRANKS ON MY ON THE FIRST DAY! THE TOILET WATER WAS TOO MUCH!”

“ALLEXX!”

“DONGHAE!”

He pushed me away, holding his neck—coughing. “I’m sorry! I didn’t know!”

I rolled my eyes before grabbing a donut from the snack table, “I swear, that chick is insane!”

“Psh, she can’t be that bad!” Donghae chuckled.

I stared at him, “Did you not listen to me while I was ranting to you about her or something?”

“I was! But then I stopped when you suddenly came up to me and started choking me!” Hae rolled his eyes as he turned towards me, “Ah, I almost forgot.” He snapped his fingers before walking away.

I stood there, waiting for him, and then found myself bowing before all the staff members. I don’t know why I did it, but it just happened. Finally, Donghae came back with a small box. He suddenly grabbed my hand and made me walk to the dressing room—there all the members were. However, they seemed to be doing something else (getting ready, that such) rather than pay attention to me.

Donghae opened the box and started singing, “Happy late birthday to you~ Happy late birthday to you~ Happy late birthday to AAAARREEEXXXX~!” he clapped, holding out my name before taking a huge breath, “Happy late birthday to you!” He took the small cake out of the box, quickly lighting the candles. "This is me trying to make it up for you for missing your 21st birthday."

I stared at the cake. It was just a simple chocolate cake with the letters “Happy birthday, Alex!” on a chocolate bar. I looked at him and smiled. “You did this so that I would forgive you, didn’t you?”

He nodded his head, “You know you love me.”

“Meh.” I shrugged, blowing out the candles.

“Meh? What do you mean by that?” Donghae asked, looking horrified.

“I’m still scared of living with my roommate, so be happy that it’s even a ‘Meh’.”

Donghae frowned, “She can’t be that bad.”

Suddenly, the door slammed open. “DAMN IT!” Kyuhyun yelled in utter frustration before pulling his hair back, “Great! Just great!” he groaned.

“Kyuhyun?” I suddenly got up and went towards him, “What’s wrong?”

“Cho Kyuhyun,” Siwon sighed, patting his back, “what the heck happened?”

“Ask Heechul.” Kyuhyun muttered, glaring at Heechul.

I turned my attention to Heechul who was paying more attention to his magazine than Kyuhyun. Heechul finally said, “Well, whatever happened isn’t my fault. I’m clearly innocent.”

“Innocent? Why didn’t you tell us your brother from hell was coming to Seoul?”

Well that caught Heechul’s attention. He closed his book and stared at Kyuhyun, “What?”

He called me.”

I stared at the member’s shocked faces. Most of them pretty much screamed, “Oh gosh, what?” with their mouths open and their eyes wide.

“I thought we banned him from the dorms!” Shindong yelled.

“WE CAN’T LET HIM BACK IN! HE DESTROYED MY—COLLECTION!” Eunhyuk gasped in horror.

Heechul stood up, “We did ban him from the dorms!” he rubbed his temples, “Where could he be staying at?”

“Wait wait,” I sighed, “What the heck is going on? Heechul? You have a brother?”

“Yes, yes he does.” Kyuhyun muttered.

“Who is he?”

“Hee—” Siwon started before Kyuhyun interrupted him. “DON’T DARE SAY HIS NAME.”

…Okay….?

“Kyuhyun,” I worriedly stared at him. “I think you need some rest, you seem so tense.” I pulled him to the couch and started to massage on his shoulders. “Calm down, okay?”

He was silent for a bit, I looked at the other members. “Okay, so who’s Heechul’s brother?”

“Heejong Kim.” The members said in perfect unison.

Hah, that’s funny. My roommate has the same name!

“Devil’s child.” Siwon muttered.

“Evil giant.” Ryeowook grumbled.

“Gave us Hell.” Jung Su groaned.

“Made us paranoid in our own dorms!”  Shindong shook his head.

“Ran all the girls away from the dorms.” Sungmin rubbed his temples.

“Scared my turtle! Poor guy! He didn’t come out of his shell for 3 days!” Yesung frowned.

“Messed up my room and said something about a weird sock.” Eunhyuk awkwardly sat on the couch next to me.

“On Uki’s hit list.” Donghae added, cutting the cake.

“Deleted all of my files in Starcraft and replaced it with .” Kyuhyun said, looking as if he was going to tear the pillow, “I swear, it took me a month to go back to where I was thanks to him!”

“HEY HEY HEY! HE’S NOT THAT BAD!” Heechul defended, crossing his arms.

“YES HE IS!” the other members said in unison.

I stared at the members, “Wow.” I muttered, trying not to laugh.

Kyuhyun sighed, turning around to look at me. “Alex, whenever he comes over, don’t ever come to the dorms, okay?” he patted my cheek, “I’m serious, don’t ever go near him. He’s a skirt chaser, a trouble maker— the devil’s child.”

“Watch it, Cho Kyuhyun.” Heechul snapped.

I smiled, nodding at Kyuhyun, “Right.”

“BOYS!” One of the manager yelled. “Get on the set!” he pointed to the set.

The boys groaned before walking out of the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~-

“Cause I’m mistah simple.” The song ended as the boys clapped and quickly bowed.

I yawned, wow. For the first time, I went to a Super Junior music video filming, and nothing bad happened. That’s the first!

“Alright! Great everyone! Now on to the next set!” the director clapped.

The boys bowed, but I could tell from their faces that they wanted to rest.

We quickly went onto the next set, which was right next to the other one, but then I noticed something. One of the lights seemed to be broken.

“Hey, manager hyung.” I started, tugging onto one of the manager’s sleeve, “Is that light working?”

He looked at me and smiled, “Yeah, of course.”

I continued to stare at it, but then one of the light fixtures fell, then another.

What the heck?

Soon enough, three of them broke, and the floor of the set was messed up.

The director cursed before pulling a hand through his hair. What the heck just happened?

“WHO WAS IN CHARGE OF THE LIGHTS?!” the director yelled.

I looked at the boys who were clearly as surprised as most people were. I walked up towards them and smiled. “Do you think that the shooting’s going to stop today?”

“I hope so.” Sungmin sighed, “I’m too tired and my leg hurts.”

“Aww, I’m sorry.” I frowned, staring at Sungmin, then heart the director yell:

“Alright, shooting’s going to end today,” he groaned, “we’re going to be behind schedule.”

I looked at the boys who were half-smiling, half-frowning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~-

Soon enough, they were going out in the van.

“Thank goodness it ended today.” Sungmin sighed in relief.

“How is that good?” Jung Su asked. “We’re going to be behind schedule!”

“So? We’re all tired, we need rest.”

“Do you know how long the fans have been waiting for our comeback?” Jung Su yawned.

“See?” Sungmin rolled his eyes.

I suddenly felt Kyuhyun tug my arm. Turning around, I saw him smiling at me. “Why hello, Mr. Cho.”

“Hello, Miss. Lee.” He grinned, “Hey, since I have the day off tomorrow, can I spend the night?”

My cheeks suddenly felt hot. “T-the night?”

“No, not as in that!” he shook his head, “More like just you and me, watching movies or TV, maybe play games.” Kyu suddenly held my hand, “We don’t go on dates often, so this might be good.”

“Are you sure? Aren’t you tired?”

“I’m completely okay.”

“But my roommate—”

“Cap and glasses will trick anyone.”

“I don’t know.”

“It’s fine if it’s a no,” he shrugged, “I just miss having you around often.”

I bit my lip, “I guess it would be okay…”

He suddenly lit up, “Alright, let’s go.”

Kyuhyun told everyone that he was going to stay with a friend (since, you know…Donghae?) And we were off.

We walked side by side, no holding hands, no nothing that was similar to a couple. I was dressed like a guy, and well…everyone knows Kyuhyun’s straight, right? Right? Well, we’re just walking down the street, I took a deep breath, wondering if my roommate was a fan of Super Junior or not! I mean, this is South Korea for goodness sake! Unless you were born during 2009, there was no way you wouldn’t know Super Junior!

Kyuhyun and I got into my apartment building, up the elevator and towards my room. I slowly unlocked the door and checked if Heejong was there or not. Nope, good. I held Kyuhyun’s hand and we slowly walked into the apartment. He closed the door and looked at the place.

“Wow, one day and everything’s already out of the box?”

“No, all the stuff in the living room is Heejong’s.”

“Ahh…” he nodded his head before walking into the kitchen.

He was about to open the fridge before I jumped on him going, “NO! WAIT! DANGER!”

“—OOOUFF!” he yelped as I pushed him against the wall. I was just in his arms for a little bit before jumping away.

“Sorry, but…Um…” I gulped, hiding behind the fridge to open it.

Nothing.

“Wow, someone’s paranoid.” He laughed before checking what was in the fridge. “Wow, empty? That doesn’t sound like Alex Lee.”

“Alex just moved in yesterday.”

He nodded, “Right.”

“Ah, anyways—straight to my room!” I said, taking hold of his hand, pulling him into my room.

I closed the door behind me. Staring at Kyuhyun who was just confused. “You really don’t want your roommate to find me here.”

“W-well, she might be a fan.”

He shook his head, “Anyways, movie. What do you want to watch?”

I thought for a moment, “Ah! Harry Potter!”

“Which one?”

“The first one.”

He shrugged, and sat on the blankets that I used as a bed last night, “Harry Potter it is.”

I looked in one of my bags and searched for that movie. Meanwhile, Kyuhyun was staring at my room. “Wow, this room is bigger than the one at the dorms.”

“Of course, it’s only a 3 bedroom place.” I replied, before going, “Aha! Found it!”

I went over to the DVD player and popped the disk in before sitting next to Kyuhyun on my temporary bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~-

We were watching the movie, Kyuhyun’s arm wrapped around me as my head rested on his shoulders. It was a perfect date. No brother to interrupt us, no crazy fans, no overprotective brother, no people, and did I mention no brother?

Suddenly I heard the door close.

“Alright Alvin, go to your bed, okay? It’s late.” Her voice went.

Crap.

Kyuhyun tightened his arm around my waist, rubbing my shoulder. Heejong’s footsteps came closer.

“Hey, Alex!” I heard her yell.

Shoot.

I looked at Kyuhyun who was oblivious to the sounds.

“Alex, are you in your room?”

I closed my eyes, how do I hide him? How do I hide him?

The first thing, and possibly the stupidest thing popped into my head.

I’m soo…sooo Sorry Kyuhyun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the late update! This wasn't edited since I was lazy

But first off! Applause to Sensei from Ravenous Temptations for this adorable poster! <3

Second: For all those asking who Heejong is, read "Raising Hell"

Thrid: So sorry for not replying to any comments like I said I would, but it's just too much for me x( But do you guys wanna do letters again? Just post them in the comments with those "Dear (insert charcter's name)" I'll probably choose only one since it would be easier on me ^^ Again, sorry for no reply, it's just that I just came back from my aunt's place (Love her) and it's just been hectic for me -sigh-

Last: This is the last update of the year! Woot! :D