Let the Games Begin

How To Pet...Like A Human?

Suho woke straight up from his sleep and rushed towards the window to check if Bao was still there. Hopefully, she's not dead, he thought. When he looked out, he saw her laying down, her stomach was moving up and down, and Suho calmed down, knowing that she's okay. 

"Bao, it's time to come back in now." Suho called out to her, but he recieved no response. He furrowed his eyebrows together. "Bao?" Still no budge from the cat, Suho began to panick and called out to her gain, but louder. "Bao?!" 

Luckily, Bao blinked twice before raising her head to look at Suho with tried eyes. Suho smiled sheepishly. "Morning Bao. I think it's time for you to come back inside right about now." Nothing but silence was what Bao gave him, her eyes roaring with anger. 

Suho sigh, obviously Bao won't come in, so he just left her there until she will. 

 

Boom!

 

A loud thunder sound was heard through out the dorm during breakfeast. D.O. looked outside of the window. "Well," he said as his eyes inspect the outside. "It looks like it's going to be a storm today."

"No, duh." said Chanyeol and D.O. gave him a glare.

"The day when I'm happy, it rains!" Baekhyun complained. Suho's eyebrows frowned in confusion. "Why are you happy today?"

"Because me and Taeyeon are meeting each other today," he looked at the rain with a disgusted look. "We were going to go out on a date, hopefully."

"You do know that they're fans out there that can catch you two, right?" Sehun spoke up, eating his cereal. 

"Yes, I do, but that doesn't stop me."  

Again with the loud thundering noise coming from outside. Suho frowned from hearing a scratching noise on the door, getting up and checking what it was. It came from his room. As he opened the door, Bao came running out like a scaredy-cat.....Well, she is a cat after all.

Suho closed the door and followed where Bao ran off to; Chanyeol. He was scratching her chin with one hand as the other pet her back, casuing her to purr in pleasure. "Such a cute kitty~" Chanyeol cooed., smiling wider when Bao meowed as a response.

Feeling a bit jealous from the scene infront of him, Suho cleared his thoart, catching Chanyeol's attention. He stopped petting, making Bao look up at him in discontented, and meowed as she nodded her head against his hand for a pet again. 

"Shouldn't you be getting ready for practice? It's almost time to leave." Chanyeol nodded before standing up. "Okay~" He said, walking away towards the bedroom. 

Bao followed after Chanyeol sadly but slowly creased her pace when he went inside the bedroom, leaving her alone with him. Standing there, wondering if he'll come back out to pet her again. 

"How come you're nice to everyone but me?" Suho scolded, clearly mad. "What have I done to you to derseve this hatred?" Like always, Bao gave him that same stare she always give him; an angry, annoyed stare, also with a low hiss. 

Hand on his hip while running another hand ran through his hair, Suho knew he wouldn't be able to get her to like him, even if he wanted to, he doesn't know how to please a cat who doesn't even like his appearance.

 

Boom!

 

Just then, there was another crack of thunder. Bao jumped and ran under the coffee table, soflt meowing depressingly. A shot of pain fire right through Suho's heart as to what he saw infront of him.

Then, it hit him.

The reason why Bao was scratching on the door repeatingly was becasue she was afraid of being alone with the roaring sounds of thunder. 

She must be frighten, he thought, walking up to the table. "Bao?" He called lowly. "Bao, are you okay?" Now, how was she supposed to answer that when she can't even speak? However, Bao repiled with another low meow. 

Suho frowned and was to reach to her until Baekhyun's voice boomed throughout the dorm. "Okay! Let's go!" He shouted. "I need to see my babe!"

"Nobody wants or needs to see you." D.O. said loud and clear while zipping up his jacket, completely ignoring Baekhyun's glance. Sehun and Kai were also fixing up their jackets, chatting with one another. 

"Do you think Tao is mad at me?" asked Sehun.

"No, why?" As always, a sleeply Kai asked.

"I don't know, he hasn't anwsered any of my calls and texts" Sehun swung his bag over his shoulder. "Maybe it was that one time when I used his Gucci bag to put my bubble tea couponds in."

Kai also swung his bag over his shoulder. "Yeah, he's mad at you."

"Hey, guys," Suho called out. "How about I stay here with Bao today?" 

"Are you crazy?! She doesn't like you, remember?" Chanyeol said. Suho groaned from the thought of it. 

"Yeah, I know, but she's afraid of thunder and I feel bad to just leave her here." D.O. looked at Bao who was gradually coming out from under the table and walking her way to her food bowl to eat. "She seems perfectly fine to me." he said.

"Yeah, now. But when the thunder hits again, she'll be scared and we'll have no one to watch over her." Suho really didn't want to leave her alone.

"It's okay, she'll be fine. I promise." Kai smiled an dpatted him of the back for comfront. "Look, we need to go or else the rain would poor harder. Besides, even if you could stay, Manager Kung would be pretty upset for you not coming over a cat."

All Suho could do was sigh, nod and look at Bao with sadden eyes, full of worried. 

 

"Okay, take five!" shouted the dance teacher, Mr. Kim. Everyone immediately dropped down on the floor, groaning from exhaustion from the 4-hour practice. "How about ten?" asked Baekhyun, breathing heavily.

"Five." The Mr. Jung narrowed his eyes at Baekhyun. 

"Fifthteen!"

"Three."

"Twen-"

"Baekhyun, shut up!!" The boys scolded the man before he could finish his sentence. Mr. Kim smirked before leaving the practice room. 

Suho quickly took this chance to grab a towel and cold water. He drunk the water, then rubbed the towel over his face before drinking the water again. He still couldn't get his mind off of Bao, he was worried to death about her.

Although...why would he be worried "to death" about a cat? 

Suho couldn't find the answer to that, but he didn't care. All he thought was if she was okay and could handle the storm. 

 

It was raining really hard, harder than this morning, so the guys had to rush into their dorms. They quickly changed out of their cloths, took quick showers, and went to bed for a rest after a hard day at practice.

But, Suho remembered Bao.

He looked to see her in the living room, curled up in a ball. As Suho walked closer, he can see her shivering and can hear her small cries. Again with the sharp pain in his heart. He knew not to leave her alone, thinking she'll end up like the state that she's in now, and now he feels horrible.

Touching is not allowed, so he gave Bao a little kiss on her forehead, and immediately Bao jolted her head up, surprised from the unknown contact. She got up while meowing louder with teary eyes looking at Suho's sorrow eyes. He slowly slid his hands under her body and slowly and gently picked her up, surprisingly, Bao didn't resist. Probably too scared to care, he thought. 

Suho went to his room and laid her down on the bed, then climbed in afterwards, shifting the blanket over his body ad hers. Bao crawled closer into his chest, rounding herself in a ball, and Suho can tell she's still shivering. 

Smiling sadly, Suho kissed the top of her head again before drifting off to sleep with Bao following afterwards. 

 

Hi!

Thank you for continuing reading my story. Also a very special thanks to Kpopchild

Hope you like it so far. Well keep liking it because the interesting parts start soon ;)

I wish for you to read, enjoy, comment and subscribe. Please feel free to comment on what you like about thsi story, or if there is anything I need for improving. 

Thank you and enjoy!