Leaving You Behind

How To Pet...Like A Human?

It's been a week since Bao came to the dorm, and the boys are already loving her company. 

 

Bao has been following Tao everywhere; from the bathroom, to the bedroom, towards the living room, then the diner room. Everywhere Tao went, she went. He doesn't complain, though. He loves her company for her to follow him around, and listen to what he says. But there are times when Bao would get on his nerves. Tao is a Gucci bag freak, after all.

"Bao!!" Tao once complained. "Look at what you did! You messed up my bag with your stupid claws!" Indeed she did torn the bag with her vicious claws. The bag was leathered, so it was easy for her to tear apart. If it was any other bag, like an firm, compact bag, it'll be tuff for her to shred.

Bao quietly sat on the floor, her paws that were once touched by the precious bag. Tao held the bag close to his chest, whimping as he did. "My precious Gucci," He sobbed. "It costed so much, yet died so young."

Both Bao and Suho looked at Tao weirdly. "Listen, Tao," He placed his hand on his shoulder. "How about I'll buy you a new one?"

"No, that's not fair!" Complained Sehun. "That one day when I dropped my bubble tea on the ground and asked you to buy me a new one, you said no! How come you'd buy tao a stupid, expensive bag over a drink?" 

"It's not stupid! It's life," Tao pulled the bag away fom his chest and looked at it with gloomly eyes. "Gucci is life."

"Fine. I'll buy you a new Gucci bag and I'll buy you bubble tea, happy?" Suho may come from a rich family, buy he doesn't like spending his money as much. "Fine," said Sehun. "But, I want two."

"Okay, you'll have two bubble teas."

"No fair. How come he gets two bubble teas while I have one bag?!" Tao protested, stomping his feet as Sehun stuck his tongue out. In anger, Tao threw his wasted bag at Sehun, who manged to catch it. "Whoa, two bubble teas and a free bag. How lucky am I?"

"Yah~!!"

Suho looked at Bao. She's finished cleaning her paws, and is now playing with her yarn. A smile seems to be pasted on her face, even if it's hard to see from all the movement she's doing. "Bao, look at what you have done." Suho said, unhappy.

Bao stopped playing from the voice calling her name, and looked up at Suho. Her gaze was blank and angry, but calm, not like she's ready for an attack or if she's hissing at any moment. Bao dropped her yarn, and walked away. Suho could've swore that he saw her rolled her eyes in irritation.

 

A few hours later, Bao came upon Tao while he was walking to the living room. She meowed apologetically and elbowed her head to his leg. Tao couldn't resist anymore and just picked her up, squeezing her in prosess. "You're so cute~" He cooed, smiling his cat smile. Bao shrieked and jumped out of his clutching hug, hissing silentingly at him. 

Tao laughed and pet her back. "Oops, I forgot that you didn't like to be picked up." Bao smiled and leaned into his touch, purring as she did so.

 

Althrough this past week, Bao did managed to interact with the other members. Though, she doesn't follow them like she does to Tao, she kindly recieve the pets and sit on their laps sometimes. Whenever Tao is not around, of course. 

All the members, excpet for Suho.

Bao doesn't like Suho, and he doesn't know why. Bao would ignore, simply walk pass him, not forgetting to throw a side-glance at Suho. He figured that he'll understand, since he's the only one with blonde hair in the group, which could freak the cat out. But he can't help but feel jeolous that the other members have all the fun, though, choose to not say anything. 

 

"Okay, since we're going to China tomorrow morning," Xiumin spoke up. "You guys will have to look after Bao while we're away."

They were at their dorm, as usual, but today is a family gathering. The boys are discussing about who should take care of Bao while EXO-M goes to China. There was an agreement that EXO-K should take care of her, but, of course, Tao would denied the fact. 

"What do you mean?" Tao asked in opposement. "Why can't I just take her with me?" 

"It'll be too much work," D.O. answered the question. "With security and especailly the fans, it's best if you just leave her here." Tao sadly looked at Bao as she peacefully slept on his lap.

"Oh, don't worry, Tao. We'll take real good care of her." Chanyeol said, smiling like a creep.

"Why do you make it sound like you're a going to a cat?" Baekhyun questioned, eyeing Chanyeol. Suho almost choked on his saliva. "What?"

"Now, I really don't want to leave her." Tao crossed his arms, his expression angry.

"It'll be fine," Suho said, smiling. "We'll take care of her."

"By we, he meant me and him. Kai and Sehun wouldn't care for ₩5000 to look after her, and Baekyun and Chanyeol are nowhere near taking care of a cat. They can't even take care of themselves."

"Yah!" D.O. rolled his eyes.

"Well, as long as someone looks after her." Suho was surprised how well Tao was taking this. He sort of figured that Tao wouldn't bust into tears since he's only seen her for about a week, not like a month. 

 

It was early in the morning. Today is the day where EXO-M has to leave for their China promotions. The others were getting ready as Suho and Chen were talking by the kitchen. "How long are you guys going to be gone for?"

"About a month." Chen answered. Suho eyes widen. "A month?! Seriously?!" Chen laughed, making Suho confused. "No, idiot! We'll be gone for like two weeks." Wiping away the fake tear from his eye, Chen tried to regain his breath.

"It wasn't that funny." Suho faintly said, glaring deep into Chen's soul. "Do you have everything that you need?" Suho asked shortly afterwards.

Chen rolled his eyes. "Yes, mom. I have the stuff I need." Suho smiled. "Good." A sound of a bell jingling was heard. Suho smiled, knowing that Bao is coming their way as he heard the bell becoming louder. Bao walked her cat-walk out of the hallway. Now's my chance, Suho thought as he crounched down with spread his arms out wide as his smile. "Come here, kitty~"

Unfornatley for Suho, Bao ignored and walked passed him like he was a invisble. Still in the same position, Suho smile slowly turned into a frown, causing laughter out of Chen's voice again. "Oh, man! That was hilarious."

Suho has been meaning to get Bao's attention this past week, but it's not going well for him. 

Pouting, Suho got up and looked back at Bao. She was still walking, but stopped to jump onto of the couch where Tao sat. Bao sat besides him, and rested her head on his thigh as Tao scratched her head, slowly putting her into sleep. 

Suho can't help the fact that he's jealous.

"Come on, Tao. You should be getting ready." Suho sternly stated. It was no lie that Tao needed to get ready. "Do I have to~?" He whined, flipping through the channels of the TV with one hand while the other pets Bao. "Yes, you do. Now go and get ready." 

"Okay." Sighing, Tao gently took Bao's head and rested it on the couch, then he marched his way to his bedroom. Bao springed up and ran after him, trying to catch up. Right before Tao closed the door, Bao quickly slide inside. 

There was silence until Chen snickered. "You're jealous."

"Am not!"

"Yes, you are," Chen took a banana and pealed the fruits skin apart. "You're jealous that everyone is getting attention from Bao except you." When he was done pealing, he took a bite and crewed as he looke dat Suho tauntingly.

"That's not true." It is, but Suho didn't want to admit. Chen hummed in agreement, but Suho knew that he wasn't buying it.

Tao came out of the bedroom door with a towel, then he went inside the bathroom. Bao was following behind him, but Tao closed the door before she could get in. She meowed and pawed the door, waiting for him to open it, but he didn't. Again, she pawed, but no avail.

Walking up beside her, Suho crounched down on his knees to her level. "Hey, kitty! Want to play with me?" He said. Bao hissed at him, then back at the door. She desperately scratched the door, wanting to leave Suho's sight.

Just then, Tao opened the door, and left again with Bao rushing to following behind him. Groaning in defeat, Suho got up and walked to the living room where everyone else was. 

"Let go of me!!" Xiumin wailed, trying to break free from Baekhyun's and Chanyeol's hug. 

"No way~" The two members of the beagle line cooed, not letting go. "We're going to miss our dear Xiumin."

"Get away from Xiumin, you punks!" Luhan was ready for an attack.  "I know what you're trying to to do. You're trying to distract me to see if I'm jealous, but I'm not!"

"Guys, could you keep it down? It's too early for this crap." D.O. scold. 

"Hold on, I think I forgot something." Lay said, looking through his backpack. 

"You always forget something." Chen complained as Lay went to the rooms to find what he needed. 

"No, I don't." Lay looked around in the closet and drawers. 

"What did you forget?" Chen asked, helping him scan around. Lay stood silent for a while before answering, "I forgot." And Chen faceplamed as well as Suho.

 

Hey, hey, hey! It's me~

Thanks for reading these few chapters, guys. Keep up the good work, thanks!

I wish for you read, enjoy, comment and subscribe. Please feel free to comment on what you like about this story, or if there is anything I need for approving. 

Thanks and enjoy~!