Agreement

How To Pet...Like A Human?

 Suho never mind cats. He likes them. Cats are cute and adorable, very playful and graceful. Suho loves it when they instinctively enjoy running around and catching the things that move. 

He remembers having a few cats as pets. Chen wanted one for his birthday last year, and Suho gave him one as a present. It was a girl, Min or Minnie, as what Chen liked to call her. She had brown and black striped or patterns. She was sassy just as him, but quiet and lazy, always laying around on the couch or her bed. Whenever one of the boys would try to pet her, she hissed at them as a warning, and they'd immedaitely leave her alone. 

Unlike the other boys, who get hissed from her, Suho would get biten or scratched from her, leaving a small cut. Suho told Chen to return that cat to the pet shop because she wasn't well behaved, but Chen complained saying, "But, I like her. She's adorable!"

But one day when the boys came back home from practice, the room was in a complete mess. The couch and curtains was ripped in shreds, the TV was laying on the floor, obviously broken, the books spread out everywhere, and paper torn into pieces. They saw Min sitting on the floor, sleeping. Eventually, Chen agreed to take her away. 

The next cat he brought was for Luhan. He wanted one when he said he was homesick. He used to have a cat back at home, so he'd like to have one just like the one at home again. This time it was a boy, white and fluffy, flat face, and small cat. His name was Xiao. Luhan loved him, but he didn't seem to love him back. The cat always kept his distance from the boys at all cost. 

This cat was different from Min. He looked scared and frighten, like the boys would hurt him, which they wouldn't. No matter what noise, this cat would flinch, or run away, sometimes both. They couldn't even pick him up because he would always run away from them. 

One time, Suho tried to pet him, but the cat bite his hand and ran away under the kitchen table. Suho told Luhan to give him up, thinking it's best for the poor fellow, and Luhan immedately agreed. 

The last cat they had was Baekhyun's. It was a stormy night, causing a blackout, so Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Sehun went to the convenience store and brought candles, flashlights, and battries. As they were coming out, they heard a loud thunder, and followed by a cat's desperate meow. Baekhyun was the first to rush to the sound and saw a little baby kitten in a basket.

He named him Kenny. Kenny had ri-colored fur of black, white, and brown in large patches all over his body. This kitten was so small and fragile, that the boys had to be very careful to carry him. The boys tried feeding him to make his bones stronger and for him to grow bigger, but he refuses to eat, ignoring the cat food given to him. Suho carried him one time, but the kitten squirm out of his embraced and jumped down, but broke a few of his bones from the fall. 

The vet said the kitten isn't able to be housed from his owner, so they kept him at the vet for his sake. The next few days, they found out that the kitten died from his weak bones and bad health. 

Suho didn't want to get another cat as a pet, that's why he's frowned upon hearing Tao's request. When he told Tao that he can anything that he wanted, he'll get it for him, but of all things, he didn't expect him to want a cat. 

"Do you really want a cat?" Suho asked. Tao sniffed and looked up at Suho, nodding in his request. Suho's frown deepen. "But, do you remember the pets we used to have? What if yours turns out to be like them?" 

Tao wiped the remaining tears running out of his eyes. "I don't care. As long as I get to have them as a pet, it's fine by me." 

Xiumin laid back on the couch, arms crossed. "Well, as long as you care for it, I don't mind." Luhan nodded in approval and smiled. "I agree."

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and scoffed. "You only agree because Xiumin agrees." Luhan smiled disappears into a frown. "That's not true! I agree because it'll be nice to have another cat around." 

"Yeah, right."

"It's true!"

"I don't know if we should have another cat," D.O said. "The cats we had before were would be no different from the cat you'll want, Tao." 

Suho smiled. "Someone agrees with me." Tao pouted, ready to cry again. "But, Chen, Luhan, and Baekhyun had a cat. Why can't I?!"

"Because you're the last person who would take care of someone." D.O. said. One, two, and then, three drops of tears fell from Tao's eyes. Suho nervously laughed and swung a arm around D.O "He was just joking, right?" He struggled and removed Suho's arm to get up and go to the kitchen, probably to make lunch. 

"Why do we have to have cats as pets? Why not dogs?" Kai spoke up. Suho frowned, he never thought of that.

"Yeah, let's get a puppy!!" Chanyeol shouted, excitedly.

"No puppies!" Baekhyun said. "Kai, you already have four dogs. No need to have more."

"Actually, I have three."

"Yeah, well, nobody gives a damn." 

"I do!" Chen knocked Baekhyun in the back of his head. "I agree with Kai. Let's get a dog for once." Chanyeol smiled in glee. "Yay, we're going to get a dog!"

"Yah, what about me?!?!" Tao's voice boomed throughout the room. "I said I wanted a cat, not a dog! I thought this was about me!"

"Everything is always about you." Sehun said, rolling his eyes. 

"No, it isn't." 

"Take a look at your phone. You'll see nothing but selcas of yourself." 

"Guys," Suho sat down and rubbed his face in exhaustion. "Let's get what Tao wants, okay? It's the least we can do for him." Kai frowned from the leader's words. "But, what about a dog?"

"Nobody cares about a dog!" Tao said. "I want a cat." Suho ignored Tao's comment and looked at Kai, smiling apologetically. "We can get a dog after the cat. For now, just stick with your dogs, okay?" Kai pout and nodded. He got up and headed in the kitchen. 

"Why do you want a cat, anyway?" Lay asked, looking confused. Tao's face fell, and Suho knew something was up. "B-Because, every time I see a dog, it reminds me of K-Kris." 

Nothing, but silence was heard. D.O and Kai must've heard Tao and stopped what they were doing because the noise in the kitchen crease. Everyone stood there frozen, not even breathing.

After the uncomfortable silence, Suho broke it by clearing his thoart, all eyes on him. "W-Why does it make you think of him when you see a dog, Tao?" 

"Because there was a show that EXO-M did in China, and we were playing with dogs," Tao smiled a little. "I saw him smiling when he held the puppy. It makes my heart arche when I see Kai's dogs because I think of his smile." Again with the solid silence, everyone frowned, hearing Tao's hollow words.

"Okay," Chanyeol broke the silence this time. "Let's get a cat. No, a kitten! They're more adorable." Baekhyun nodded. "They are. But remember the kitten I had? It was so small and fragile."

"That's because you didn't take care of it well." Chen broke out of laughter, but stopped as Baekhyun hit him. "Yah! What was that for?"

"For hitting me earlier." Chen rolled his eyes. Suho smiled when everyone changed the subject. "I agree," Luhan spoke up. "Let's get a cat. A kitten is too small for us men!" 

"You're not a man, you're a girl." Sehun laughed as Luhan huffed. "I'm not a girl. I'm a man!"

"Oh yeah, well, I'm a vigrin. Look at that, we both just lied." Suho looked at Sehun in shocked. "Please, tell me you're joking!" But much to Suho's approval, Sehun shook his head. "No, I'm not," He said. "Me and my ex-girlfrien-"

"I'm not really looking forward to this story." Suho sighed, rubbing his forehead. Sehun struggled and sipped his bubble tea. Suho had no idea where he got it from. Maybe when he was busy listening to the boys' conversation, Sehun probably went in the kitchen to get bubble tea.

Suho clapped his hands cheerfully. "So, it's offical now! We're getting a cat as a new pet!"

"Yay!!" The beagle line cheered happily, the rest smiled in agreement. 

Hello~

I hope you enjoyed reading this fanfic~ I like the story in this fanfic, and I'm sure that you, readers, will like it as well.

I'm a EXO fan, but I'm not really good at describing their personalities. Please forgive me if I messed up with their personalities. I don't watch their reality shows much, so I'm really not good.

Please read more chapters that will come ahead.

Thank you and enjoy~!