Payback

Fallen

Second year, it isn’t that pressuring as the first one nor it isn’t really that fulfilling as well. It just tells you that you survived a year of college and you have to survive a few years more. Donghae was less excited to comeback to school this fall because majors are welcoming him this year and in another school, too add to that but his hyung is the opposite of that. Donghwa graduated with Honors in his year and he’s one of the youngest students there. "Donghae-ah! Wake up, we need to go"
"Five more minutes"
"No, you said that five minutes ago. Wake up!" Donghwa said to his still sleepy brother
"Hyunnggg" he protested, digging into his pillow
"Don’t make me call mom" Donghwa threatened
"Fine. I’m up! I’m up!" Donghae said, sitting up then dragged himself to the bathroom to shower up. The two then head on to breakfast and then they said goodbye to their mom "You have to call me when you get to YW okay?"
"Yes mom" Donghae said
"You take care of your brother" their mom then said to Donghwa
"Yes mom" He then replied, the two then loaded Donghae’s bags to the car and then they drove off. The trip was long and boring thanks to Donghwa’s taste in music. Donghae just stared outside and tried to stay awake the whole trip. After 3 hours of driving, they finally arrive. They stopped by a shawarma restaurant where Donghwa ditched the car first and asked Donghae to find a food parking spot. Donghae had to circle the block twice before he found a decent one, he locked the car and went in the restaurant. As he opened the door, he saw someone very, very familiar.
"Angel?" He said, the girl then stopped and lifted her head and then looked at him. He was shocked to see her after a long time "Hae?"
"Yeah... Hi" he said, shocked at how much she changed
"Hi... this is my roommate Heerin" she then said, introducing the girl beside her.
"Hi" he then said to her and she said "Hi" back. His gaze was focused on Angel, he can’t even remember the last time he saw her
"What are you doing here?" He then asked
"Oh Heerin and I just went for lunch, were actually headed back our dorm. It was nice seeing you" she then said. She was out the door before he could even say something. He then went to find his hyung, who was doing something with his phone "Oh Donghae-ah.. What do you want?"
Donghae just sat down and was spaced out "Are you okay?" His hyung asked and he nodded "Oh yeah... remember Angel? Angel Lee? I saw her earlier, she’s a freshman in college now. I even gave her my number, I missed that girl.. I haven’t seen her in ages"
"Yeah. Me too" he suddenly smiled a big smile
"And that smile is?" his hyung asked
"I’m just happy to see her, hyung.. that’s it" Donghae said, sitting back
"I know that look, Hae"
"What look?" Donghae asked, smiling and shaking his head.
"That"
"Look, I’m just happy to see her after all these years. I mean come on, she’s my best friend"
"Yeah, okay.. whatever" His hyung said.

Donghae was happy to see his best friend again but Angel didn’t seem too happy about seeing him. He wondered why, but he can’t put his finger on it. Donghae kept on thinking about Angel, he wanted to tell her everything. Why he and his family left, why he doesn’t have any social network accounts, and why he never got to tell her how he really felt about her 6 years ago. He decided to just enjoy this opportune, Angel is just a text, call and a walk away and she looks like she’s single as well so why constrain himself.

Donghae thought about how he should get back at her for being MIA for the past years. He resolved to treating her for any meal he can imagine; snacks, lunch, dinner and even breakfast. He just wanted to bring back the years they’ve lost. He was lucky enough to have a room al to himself, his room mate wont be able to go to school this term (as everyone says in the hallways) because of personal reasons. Then continued to unpack his luggage and then went to the cafeteria to get a bottle of iced tea and a sandwich for himself. He saw Angel walking with her friend and he was debating whether he should approach her or not, he decided to leave them alone and went back to arrange his room.

The next day, he went to the admissions office and got his form and his schedule of classes. He saw that he got history and he groaned "I hate history" he though "Is it possible for me not to take history this term?" He asked
"Im sorry Mr. Lee but you told us that last term and this time, I cant do anything else. You have to take it this term." She said
"Okay... Thank you" he said and left. He was devastated because he isn’t really the ’historical’ type. He tried talking to some people from his department but they all have the same answer "Sorry Mr. Lee, but you have to take this now". He went back to dorm with a heavy heart, he sighed and told himself that there might just be a reason why they’re like this. He suddenly remembered how he and Angel met for the first time and how their friendship lasted. He laughed at everything, he remembered their conversations, the day they were invited to a bonfire by the beach, the day Angel became his seat mate even though she was younger and also the day that started it all.


A/N : Just a quick note : this will be a really long fic. I actually didn't realize that I've written 8 chapters already. but yeah. Still lacking a poster, I know but... I shall make one when I get my PS going or maybe just look for someone willing to make one for me. It's still debatable.