8: Part to play

Apple of my Eye

Jiho’s POV

 

I heard the alarm clock ringing and I got up slowly, only to be pulled back down under the sheets. I was a little surprised until I remembered who was right next to me: Sehun. I heard him chuckle as I tried to wriggle free from his grip. Well someone looked like he was enjoying this.

 

I turned around to face him, knowing fully well that our face was just inches apart. Our noses were almost touching and although his eyes were still closed, I could still feel a spark there somewhere. The alarm clock rang again and I stretched my arms over to switch it off. As I looked at the time, I realised we still had around half an hour to get ready to leave. Considering that I didn’t take long and that Sehun probably shouldn’t, seeing that he was a guy, I allowed us to just snuggle up a little longer, although I admit, there were personal feelings towards it.

 

If I could, I would snuggle up next to him all day long watching movies and sipping on hot cocoa and that would be our day. Too bad there was such thing as school and work and exams. I sighed just thinking about it.

 

“What’s my princess sighing about?” Sehun asked, opening his left eye to look at me.

 

It was hard to act like I didn’t care that he just called me his princess. I was exploding with emotions inside but I wouldn’t actually want to show it.

 

Shaking my head, I just told him, “nothing.”

 

He must’ve seen the blank look on my face because he forced himself to get up from the bed. It was then that I realised he didn’t have anything to change into. Maybe I was just too fixed on making myself feel better yesterday that I barely thought about how he would feel. I was about to ask him if he wanted anything to change into when he held his right arm out in front of me.


“Get up, you little pig,” he said, grinning. How is it possible that someone could look that good?

 

I reached out for him and he pulled me up. Was it weird to feel funny being so close to him standing up when I had just slept next to him through the night?

 

“Let’s go make some breakfast,” he chimed, pulling me towards the kitchen.

 

I furrowed my brows. I looked at the clock. We’d be late for school even if we made a small breakfast. “Did you forget there’s school today?” I asked, releasing myself from his grip and crossing my arms.

 

Sehun turned around and chuckled. “Of course not,” he replied simply before heading into the kitchen by himself. “What’re you even worried about? It’s not like you’ve turned up the past week,” he commented from inside the kitchen.

 

I rolled my eyes. That was true, but I wasn’t so sure that missing school today would be a good thing, especially since teachers have started to text me to warn me to turn up today, saying that if I didn’t there’d be detention.

 

“Hey don’t daydream,” Sehun said, his head popping out from the kitchen. He noticed my worried look and smirked. “It’s fine, we’ll just go late and say we overslept. They’re not so strict on late coming anyway.”

 

“Okay, if you say so.”

 

“Are you going to come in here and help me or should I go over there and carry you over here myself?” Sehun asked, giving a slight smirk, fully knowing the effect he had on me.

 

“Pabo,” I muttered, jokingly of course, before strolling into the kitchen myself.

 

3 hours later...

 

"Hurry up, slowpoke, or else we'd might as well not go to school!" I heard Sehun shouting from below.

 

"Oh shut up!" I told him, hurriedly putting on my uniform. I had offered him to wear my uniform, seeing how wrinkled he got his, but I figured out it was quite stupid and he declined anyway. It was much too small for him too. Once I was done putting on my uniform, I rushed down the stairs and grabbed my backpack from the couch.

 

As we walked out of the house, Sehun offered his hand out to me. I was caught off guard, so I had no idea how to react. We stood there for a few seconds before he turned to me. "Are you going to hold my hand or are you going to flat-out reject me?" he asked. Although I knew he was probably joking, I could detect a hint of seriousness in his voice.

 

Deciding to , I rolled my eyes and kept walking, shoving his hand away. If there was one thing I knew Oh Sehun couldn't stand, it would be when something doesn't go according to plan. He probably thought I would happily take it, since he knew I probably liked him anyway. But no, I wasn't going to let him have his satisfaction that easily. All the way to school, we were joking around and hitting each other playfully, and it felt so good. It felt just like the old times. It felt like paradise. We were almost at school when he asked me something that instantly dampened my mood.

 

"How're you feeling about your dad now?"

 

Sehun's POV

 

Oh . She looks so lifeless right now. I should've just shut up. Oh Sehun, why can't you ever say anything right?

 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to. You don't have to answer if you don't want to," I blurted out, worried that I may have just ruined her day by bringing her dad up again. I was ready for her to turn cold towards me, but to my surprise, she didn't.

 

She slowly put a smile back on her face and sighed. "It's okay," she assured me, then linked my hand with hers as she continued to lead the way to school. "I'm just afraid that if I do tell you, I'd be ruining your mood somehow." I could see she was deep in thought, what with that distant look in her eyes. I also noticed the way she gently rested her head on my shoulder. I smiled at that. At least I could tell I was a source of comfort for her.

 

“Hey, I’m not that much of an that I’d let my mood get ruined because of that,” I told her, trying to lighten the mood, although I was unsure of how to. I glanced down at her slightly, and she caught my eye. “I’m always here if you want to talk, okay?”

 

Although she didn’t say anything, I knew she was at least a little grateful for what I said, because her eyes lit up and I could feel her arm tightening around mine, sort of like giving me a mini hug.

“Thanks, Sehun,” she whispered. I could sense that she was feeling worse than before and I was going to change the topic before she cut me off. “You know, I don’t blame you in the slightest for how you treated me last week, right?” This time, she let go of my arm and stood upright to get a better look at me. I could tell she wanted an honest answer. Too bad my answer wasn’t probably the one she wanted to hear.

 

“I still feel guilty for it,” I mumbled under my breath, but loud enough for her to hear. “I know I was being a jackass, and I shouldn’t have. What I did was stupid. It was for a bunch of stupid reasons that I’d rather you not know. I . I didn’t even care to think about how you would feel and all.”

 

Why the hell did I just panic and blurt my feelings out?

 

Jiho stopped in her tracks and stared at me, looking a little stunned. I wouldn’t blame her. I would be stunned too if someone said such things, and at such a fast rate too. Her eyes started to wander, probably as a result of her thinking hard of how to react.

 

“Can I ask you something?” I asked. Jiho nodded her head, wearing a curious look on her face.

 

I really didn’t want to talk about this anymore, but I just had to know something. “How exactly did you feel this past week?” That was it for now. All I wanted to know for now. She did tell me briefly the night before when we were talking; like how she felt so depressed that even the slightest thing could get her off edge. But she had never actually told me anything more in-depth.

 

My question must’ve caught her off-guard, because she didn’t have an immediate answer. I started to lead us toward the direction of the school since I figured out what street we were in. Jiho followed closely beside me, still pondering.

 

“Well,” she finally said after a few long seconds of waiting. “Honestly, the only person I wanted to talk to was you.” Her voice started getting softer. I guessed she was getting shy, especially since she wasn’t used to talking about her feelings. “But then I figured that I shouldn’t bother anyone else with my problems, so I kept it to myself. It’s not like I have any other friends to talk to.”

 

I was about to argue with her when she placed her index finger on my mouth.

 

“Shut up, Hunnie,” she commanded. I widened my eyes, shocked that she still remembered what she used to call me back then. I could tell she enjoyed my reaction because she smirked at me. Does she even know what effect she has on me?

 

After that, the atmosphere got quiet and Jiho had that serious look on her face again.

 

“Hmmm,” Jiho started, swinging her arms back and forth as she walked. God she’s too cute for me to handle. “I guess I just felt like I didn’t want to be anywhere, I didn’t want to talk to anyone, I just wanted to, you know… disappear.”

 

I know what you mean by disappear. The scars on your arms are proof enough of just how serious you were. I wanted to say that out loud, but I guessed that it would be wrong of me to say that, since I had a part to play in making her feel that way.