2: Do you remember

Apple of my Eye

Jiho's POV

"Wanna go grab some food together?" Chanyeol asked, getting up as soon as the bell rang. I noticed that no one was really listening to Mr Hung's nagging about how irritating it was that we would all pack even before the lesson ended. Looks like I'm going to ignore him too, then. I turned to Chanyeol and nodded. At least I made a new friend now! I was getting scared that I would have to eat all alone.

We took our sweet time walking to the cafeteria. Chanyeol was introducing me to the different rooms and facilities that we passed by. Not that it was any good for me to know where the music room, dancing room, or workshop rooms, etc were. I don't even think I'd want to be a part of any clubs or sports. No, I was far too lazy. Once we got to the cafeteria, I was surprised. Not many people were here yet, and considering how slowly we walked, there should be.

We got in queue to get some food. Not too long; not bad. Chanyeol had struck up a random conversation on how his basketball team was like. I feel bad for not feeling the least bit interested, so I tried my very best to listen, although I caught myself looking around the huge room now and then. I could see different groups of people gathering at different tables, and it was so easy to differentiate who was part of what clique. There were the jocks, the goths, the nerds, etc. I started to wonder what kind of group people expected me to fit into.

"Yeah, and then there's Tao...." I hear Chanyeol faintly tracing away. He waved a hand in front of me. "You're not even listening, are you?" I was scared of the fact that I may have offended him, but then he let out a huge grin. God, he looked so cute. He had this young childish-like face and this bubbly personality which was very infectious. His ears were a little bigger than average, but who cares? Still cute.

I grinned back at him. "Sorry, I was just curious about everyone else." I was still looking around the room after I said this. I guess Chanyeol knew what I was thinking because he grabbed my arm and turned me around to face the cafeteria.

"There are the jocks- the more popular jocks are Luhan and my friend there, Tao." He pointed out to the two guys standing at the table. One of them was shorter and had curly hair. He had girly-like features but yet he still looked a little manly. His eyes looked so pretty. The other one standing next to him looked more... evil. I don't think that's what he is, but he really looked like the typical school bully or maybe the villain in a hero movie. He had small eyes that literally looked like they could slit you apart. But Chanyeol said not to judge him by his cover, so that's what I'm trying not to do.

Then, he motioned over to the table in the middle of the cafeteria. "There's the table full of talented people. Once again, the more popular ones I guess should be Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and Chen right there." I took my time getting familiar with their faces. Kyungsoo looked quite cute, I noted. But the other two kept moving around and the swarm of people who just crowded in the cafeteria made it hard to see. Chanyeol didn't bother waiting before he moved on. "Ah!" he exclaimed. I jumped at his sudden exclamation, and momentarily shifted my gaze back to him. "Sorry," he grinned. "I saw my best friend. He's quite popular among the girls too. I'm sure you'd like him. He looks cold but he can be really nice." He pointed over and I looked in his direction.

I spotted unkempt blonde hair, but that was all I could see in this human jam. I could see him moving around, as though he was trying to look at something and other people were blocking him. Now and again I managed to catch a small glimpse of his face, but he moved too fast for me to get a good look. I became curious all of a sudden. Chanyeol was not pretty bad, he was good-looking and bubbly and kind-hearted, so I guess his friend would be one of the same too. I was about to ask him if we were going to sit with his friend when he shouted out: "Oi! Oh Sehun!"

What? Did he just say.... Oh Sehun? The name I hadn't heard in years. The person I had always wanted to see for the past 10 years. Was it really him? I froze. Everyone suddenly moved away from view, seeing as Chanyeol had called him out. Then I could see him clearly. I didn't know why but I was starting to tear up. We stood there frozen, staring at each other.

Oh Sehun..... Do you remember me?

Sehun's POV

Oh god. She's staring at me. Chanyeol called me out. What should I do? Go over and say hi? This was awkward. Everyone was staring at the three of us. I can just guess what they're all thinking. 'Why are these two idiots staring at each other?' 'What's Park Chanyeol doing with that new kid?' 'Why is Oh Sehun being so awkward all of a sudden?' I gulped.

Without thinking, I just bolted right out of the cafeteria and mini sprinted down the hallway to my locker. It wasn't that far away from the cafeteria, but my intention wasn't to hide; just run away from the problem a little while. I was breathing heavily as I leaned back against my locker. She was there. Right there. And she recognized me, or else she wouldn't be staring. I beat myself up in my head for rushing out of the cafeteria. Now she's going to think that I grew up into a weirdo. Should I go back there and greet them properly? I'm sure Chanyeol would be full of questions.

I turned and decided to do just that, when something made me freeze in my tracks. There she was. Standing in front of me. She's teary-eyed. I walked closer to her without thinking, and wiped the tear that just fell away from her cheek. She still looked as beautiful as ever. Or no, even more beautiful than I had imagined she would grow into. I looked at her mini transformation. Her face hadn't changed. But now she had soft hazel brown hair with some pink highlights and she looked like she wasn't as skinny as before, and that was a good thing. Too skinny isn't nice.

"Sehun?" she whispered. I'm guessing she can't really get a word out. I realized I was still cupping part of her face and immediately fell away, embarrassed. "I..."

She looked pretty much overwhelmed, and I knew she probably wanted to say a lot of things. But now is not the time. I tried not to touch her, but I couldn't control myself. It had been too long since I've last seen her. And to be honest, her beauty is alluring. How do you control yourself from wanting a girl like that? I grabbed her arm and set her against the lockers. I released my grip on her and rested my right hand on the locker. Her face was just a few inches from mine, and I don't know why but I had the overwhelming urge to kiss her. I knew it couldn't happen, though. I wouldn't let it happen. So we just stayed there, staring into each other's eyes. We hadn't seen each other in so long but it sure didn't feel like that now. Doing this with her felt too comfortable.

"Err," I heard someone say as their footsteps neared. I didn't need to look to know that it was Chanyeol. I wanted to save myself the trouble of having to explain to him now, considering how time-consuming it would be to explain our story to him. I let my gaze shift down to her lips before I took off and left.

You idiot. Do you want to break her heart again? You can't do that. This is Park Jiho. You can't do that to her. She doesn't deserve it.