"Okay?" "No,not okay"

Ho to the Ya for You


 Hoya looked down at Yun.He was waiting for her to say hello or at least acknowledge him standing there but all she did was to continue staring at the sky.Was she ignoring him or was she unaware of the fact that he was there?

Hoya waved his hand a couple of times in front of her face to get her attention.Yun sat up looking startled and lost.Hoya sat down beside her on the steps and asked,

"Hey,you okay?"

Yun stared at Hoya for at least 5 minutes before replying,

"No.I don't think so."

"Why not?Umm I mean if you want to tell me that is."

Hoya felt that he was being too direct with his question.He wasn't close to Yun so she probably might not have felt comfortable telling him why.He didn't expect her to tell him exactly why though.

"I'm not sure.Why am I so weird?Do you find me weird?I feel like I can't talk to people without being awkward which makes them feel awkward.What is wrong with me?"

Yun looked at Hoya with her big eyes,waiting for an answer from him.

Hoya was a bit taken aback by Yun's small rant.He didn't know what to reply to make her feel better.Sure Yun was kinda weird at a first glance but that was a personality trait of hers.Well at least that was what Hoya thought her weirdness was.Hoya wasn't the best candidate to answer Yun's question,he barely knew her yet but he felt if he didn't Yun would start crying.She looked like she was about to cry and Hoya definitely did not want that to happen.

"Uh I don't think I'm the best person to answer your question.But in my opinion,your weirdness is a part of your personality and it's an awesome character trait.It makes you way more interesting and it's technically not a bad thing.There's nothing wrong with you,I'm sure of that.You might be awkward but that doesn't make me feel awkward in any way.I don't feel awkward talking to you and if I did it would be because I'm feeling awkward not you.So uh what I'm trying to say is that you're not awkward,you're interesting and I don't find you weird at all.Not saying that you were weird before or anything.Uh I sound awkward don't I?I feel like the weird one now.Are you....."

Hoya didn't get the chance to finish his question of asking whether Yun was feeling a little more okay because right at that moment Yun had hugged him.Hoya was surprised and he just froze on the spot,not knowing whether to hug her back or to at least say something.

"Thanks Hoya.I feel okay now.I'm glad you're here." 

Yun stood up and offered Hoya her hand.Hoya was kind of in a daze,he didn't get what just happened and he was confuse at Yun's sudden actions.Nevertheless he held Yun's hand and hoisted himself up.

They walked towards the school gate,leaning on it while waiting for Hirah and the rest.Yun started talking about math questions and how she couldn't stop thinking about the math question that Hoya had helped her with.Yun was mostly talking to herself as Hoya who was nodding his head in reply,was thinking about something else.

Hoya wanted to say something about the moment they had just now but he didn't know what to say.He thought that the atmosphere earlier on was a little weird or was it just him?He felt like asking Yun what happened earlier that caused her to feel that way but he felt like he was intruding on her privacy.He was kinda worried about her.His words earlier were idiotic in a sense and he wasn't sure if it was of any help at all.Maybe Yun just said she felt better to shut him up.Maybe she hugged him out of pity for being a rambling idiot.Maybe she was annoyed at his idiocy.Hoya felt like face palming himself in the face.Why was he such an idiot?

Hoya stared at Yun,wondering what she thought of him.Yun noticed his stare and asked nervously,

"Is there something on my face?"

"Uh what?No.There's nothing.I was just looking at a butterfly that went by."

Hoya lied.It was a little embarrassing to admit that he was looking at her.

"Oh.A butterfly?!Where?"

Yun exclaimed excitedly and started looking for the butterfly.Hoya laughed at her excitement and then felt like a idiot yet again for lying about the butterfly.

"It flew away."

Yun stopped looking for the butterfly and looked at Hoya instead.She looked embarrassed in a way and for a moment Hoya thought that it was because of him lying about the butterfly.Turns out it wasn't because of that.

"I embarrassed myself,didn't I?"

She asked him,looking at the ground not daring to meet his eyes.

Hoya mentally gave himself a slap.Why he was acting like such an idiot today.He was about to reply when a shout in the distance surprised them both.

Hirah was shouting Yun's name and madly waving at them from the steps.Yun waved back and ran to meet her at the bottom of the stairs.Hirah was followed by J-hope,Taehyung and Namjoon who were chattering and laughing noisily.
Hoya joined them and Taehyung excitedly introduced him to Namjoon. 

As they walked to J-hope's favourite restaurant,Hoya couldn't help but to glance at Yun from time to time.He didn't know why but there was something earlier on that had bothered  him.He felt that something when she had hugged him and at the gate when she was embarrassed about the butterfly.

Hoya lightly shook his head.What was this feeling?