Coincidental Dinner Party

Ho to the Ya for You

  
"Uh let's sit at that round table there."

Taehyung pointed at the table nearest to the window.

"But it has 8 seats and there's only 5 of us.We don't need that many."

J-hope replied giving Taehying a point blank look.

"But it seems nicer to sit there since we're celebrating and round tables are the best for eating meat."

"Says who?"

"Says the people who eat meat anyways it'll be easier to share the food around."

Taehyung reasoned while giving J-hope a puppy eye look.J-hope shrug his shoulders as if to say why not thus the group headed over to sit at that table. 

J-hope was sitting next to Taehyung who was sitting next to Namjoon who was sitting next to the empty seats.Hoya found himself somehow ending up sitting in between J-hope and Yun who was seating beside Hirah who was next to the empty seats.

J-hope went to the counter to pick up the menus and the order sheet acting like some waiter.Everyone took a menu and started scanning through the list of food to eat.There were a variety of dishes to choose from as they had the option of eating their own dish or ordering rice and side dishes.They decided to go with J-hope's recommendation of ordering rice and side dishes because according to him their side dishes were really good so everyone decided to pick one dish each.As expected by the rest of them excluding Hoya that is,J-hope and Taehyung were arguing  about whether they should order more meat or more chicken.Taehyung was adamant on getting two plates of chicken where else J-hope wanted a little more meat as they already had chicken earlier on during lunch.Their noisy bickering attracted the attention of another pair of students who were seating a few tables away.

"Hey Woo,isn't that Taehyung and J-hope?"

Jungkook asked looking over at the round table near the window.

"Yeah it is after all this is their usual hangout place."

Dongwoo replied without looking as he was busily scanning the menu instead.

The duo decided to eat dinner before heading home so they chose this restaurant that was the nearest to the bus stop for their own convenience and also because they were lazy to go anywhere else.

"You didn't even look.It looks like they're eating dinner here together with Namjoon,some guy I don't know,Yun and Hirah."

Dongwoo looked up from the menu scanning the tables before his eyes halted to a stop upon seeing the group of students seated near the window.Jungkook noticed his eyes lingering a second too long when he looked at Hirah before finally returning his gaze towards Jungkook.

"Want me to invite us over to their table instead?"

Jungkook cheekily smiled at Dongwoo.He enjoyed teasing him whenever he got the chance.It was a rare source of entertainment for Jungkook who was usually the one getting teased by Dongwoo as he was the younger one.

"It's okay.I don't need your invitation so hurry up and order before I change my mind about treating you to dinner."

Jungkook laughed before obediently picking up the menu and looking through the dishes listed.He wasn't going to reject the offer of free food so it was best to not offend Dongwoo until after dinner was paid for.

Meanwhile J-hope and Taehyung who had resolved their bickering by deciding to order more chicken and meat,were walking by to the counter to place their orders when J-hope abruptly stopped causing Taehyung who was blindly walking to bump into him.

"Ya isn't that Jungkook and Dongwoo?"

J-Hope asked nudging Taehyung and pointing to where the two guys were sitting.

"Oh!It is them.Lets go!"

Taehyung immediately went over to their table with J-hope at his heels.The task of placing their orders for dinner was momentarily forgotten as the two headed over to talk to Jungkook and Dongwoo.

"Yo yo yo!Whats happening!"

"Wassup bros wassup!"

Taehyung and J-Hope announced their arrival doing some hand gestures to go with their words and looking simply retarded.

Jungkook and Dongwoo simply ignored their retarded greetings and stared at their menus acting as if they didn't know them.The retarded duo however thought that they hadn't heard them so they decided to announce themselves a little louder causing Jungkook and Dongwoo no choice but to look up and say hi.There was a reason why J-hope and Taehyung were nicknamed the dumb and dumber brothers.

"So what are you guys doing here?"

Taehyung asked while casually seating down uninvited beside Jungkook.

"We came here to watch you guys eat,why else would we be here?"

Jungkook replied back sarcastically.

"Serious?Why though?Is there something wrong with the way we eat?"

Taehyung asked bewilderedly obviously not getting the sarcasm part.

"No you idiot.We came here to eat obviously."

Dongwoo answered laughing at Taehyung's clueless expression.

"Oh.We came here to eat too!"

Taehyung excitedly exclaimed not seeming to realized that he was exclaiming the obvious. 

"Hey,why don't you guys join us for dinner?We ordered plenty of food and it's all free cause Namjoon's paying."

J-hope asked with a gleeful smile.His mind was thinking up evil thoughts that consisted of him teasing Namjoon and being annoying to him all throughout dinner before watching him satisfying pay the bill for their dinner.It was some revenge scheme he had plotted up all because Namjoon hadn't shared his peppero with him the other day.Thus we hereby introduce to you Dumb Brother number one.

"Yeah come join us since we're eating and you guys are eating.We can all eat together!We can have dinner together too!"

Taehyung exclaimed excitingly with twinkling eyes and a big smile.Yet again not seeming to realize that he was stating the utmost obvious thing.Dumb Brother number two everyone. 

Jungkook gave Dongwoo a look that seemed to be asking whether he was okay about joining them.Dongwoo shrugged his shoulders giving Jungkook a blank look in return.The two however couldn't even take a moment to decide anything as they were dragged by the two dumb brothers to the table.

"We found more people to celebrate with!"

Taehyung announced presenting Jungkook and Dongwoo to the rest while J-hope pushed them towards the empty seats.Jungkook and Dongwoo reluctantly took their seats and said hi to the rest.

"Did you guys order the food already?"

Namjoon being the practical one,questioned the two dumb brothers. 

"What order?"

Taehyung cluelessly responded to the question.He was casually seating down merrily making a lot of noise and goofily smiling all by himself.

"Yah the order!We forgot.Sorry,we got excited seeing them.Hurry up you idiot,let's go."

J-hope gave Taehyung 's head a smack which made him stood up quickly as he attempted to return the smack back.J-hope immediately rushed off to the counter with Taehyung trailing behind him. 

There was a reason why J-hope was Dumb Brother number 1 and not 2.He had a normal functionality system but his tendency to get easily distracted made his thinking a little less clearer however it was still a little bit higher than Taehyung,who is constantly lost in his own world.

The people left at the table idly made small talk here and there as they waited for the food to arrive.Yun and Hirah were having their own conversation while Namjoon,Jungkook and Dongwoo talked among themselves.Thus Hoya was left to entertain himself and he felt a little awkward sitting there silently like an antisocial kind of person.He was the most friendliest guy ever just that he needed people to be friendly with.He thought about using his smartphone to pass the time but that would seemed like he was making himself into an outcast so he patiently waited for a chance to use his friendly skills .

A little later,Hoya had manage to activate his friendly skills by starting a conversation with Yun and Hirah about anime.The conversation was running on smoothly when the trio was interrupted by Jungkook who was next to Hirah.Hoya felt like fist pumping the air because so far his friendly smooth talking skills had been quite effective and now there was someone else he could use his friendly skills on.Not bad for a new transfer student on his first day eh?

"Hey Hirah,can you help me with this little favor?Please?"

Jungkook suddenly asked out of the blue.He had caught snippets of their conversation and he realized that he didn't know who Hoya was exactly.After a few mins of observation,he noticed that the tripping girl okay wait her name is Yun so he noticed that Yun was talking more freely and comfortably with Hoya compared to when Jungkook was attempting to start a conversation with her.He had no idea why but he wondered why she seemed more comfortable talking to Hoya than talking to him,was it something he said that offended her?So far from his experience,it was usually the girl who would be eagerly wanting to talk to him even when he obviously didn't quite want to.

He pondered over the question not quite understanding why she didn't want to talk to him earlier on.It was quite obvious that she had given him the 'why are you talking to me' face when he was talking to her earlier on also she gave him the 'I'm going to leave kbye' face at one point but her escaping attempt failed when Dongwoo appeared.It was really bothering Jungkook somehow and he felt like releasing the sudden frustration he felt on Dongwoo just to annoy him but a sudden ingenious idea came across his head which would probably annoy Dongwoo more thus the interruption of  Hirah's convo to ask for a favor.

"Huh?What favor?"

Hirah looked confused at Jungkook's sudden question.She wasn't that close to Jungkook so she wondered what favor he wanted her help with.

"Can you exchange seats with me?I realized that I haven't gotten the chance to speak to Hoya or Yun properly yet,you know?I need more friends besides this dinosaur next to me."

Jungkook explained glancing nervously at Dongwoo to make sure he didn't hear the dinosaur remark.

"Uh okay.Yeah sure,let's exchange seats." 

Hirah replied agreeing to his suggestion.As she stood up she noticed Yun giving her the 'why are you leaving me here' gaze and she shrugged her shoulders in reply.She knew leaving Yun in between the two guys would just make Yun feel really awkward but she didn't know how to reject Jungkook.So the both of them exchanged seats and Hirah caught Yun's lingering gaze towards her with a face pleading for her to come back.Hirah shrugged her shoulders to say that there was nothing she could do.

Thus Yun was left sitting in between the two boys.She sat there silently trying to blend in with the chair and make herself  invisible while the two boys chatted to each other.But Jungkook having notice her silence proceeded to bring her into the conversation.Yun had no idea what they were talking about so all her replies consisted of many huh's,what's,uh's and I don't know's.She felt like a complete idiot and she wished they would just talk on their own without adding her in.Was it because she looked all alone and left out thus they felt like they had to talk to her too?She stared longingly at Hirah who seemed to be doing way better than her,casually talking to Dongwoo and Namjoon.Compared to Yun who was feeling extra awkward and like a lost girl. 

Meanwhile on the other side of Jungkook,Hirah was feeling awkward too somehow.She was sitting quietly by herself,just looking around and minding her own business when suddenly Namjoon asked her a question.A few minutes later,she found herself being part of the conversation.She didn't say much,just laughing at their funny remarks and nodding her head.After awhile,J-hope and Taehyung returned from ordering the food so Namjoon started talking to them which left Hirah talking to Dongwoo somehow.

She didn't mind Dongwoo just ignoring her and talking to the other three but she guess Dongwoo didn't want her to feel alone or left out so he decided to talk to her.There was this awkward atmosphere somehow but it wasn't because of Dongwoo or anything,actually Dongwoo was doing his best to try to talk to her.It was Hirah who was being her awkward self all on her own.She didn't know why but she found herself replying stupid things and making the whole conversation awkward somehow.She felt bad for being so awkward cause Dongwoo was being super kind still attempting to talk to her even with all the awkwardness he must have felt.She felt sorry for Dongwoo.

Dongwoo on the other hand had only one constant thought in his mind which was too make Jungkook regret his decision of changing seats.That idiot probably did it on purpose just to make Dongwoo feel awkward.He was really trying to talk casually to Hirah and be friendly but somehow the atmosphere felt a little awkward.Was it because of him?He had no idea what to do besides being friendly and talking to her.What else could he do right?He wasn't going to succumbed to his nervousness and just ignore her because of that.He was going to keep his cool,act like he felt nothing for her and attempt to just be friends with her.Jungkook was going to be paying for their next meal together,that annoying idiot.

The food eventually arrived to the relief of everyone at the table.They all enjoyed the delicious delicacies and talked merrily with each other,thanks to Namjoon,J-hope and Taehyung who had managed to banish the awkward atmosphere looming over all of them.Thus dinner ended on a good note due to the merry spirits of the three happiest guys namely Namjoon,J-hope and Taehyung.

With dinner done and paid for by the ever so generous Namjoon ,the group bid their farewells and departed home.

The happy trio consisting of Namjoon,J-hope and Taehyung merrily walked home together as they lived in this neighborhood and weirdly all three of them lived nearby each other.Hirah however found herself walking with Dongwoo to the bus stop nearby their school while Yun ended up walking to the other bus stop nearby their school with Hoya and Jungkook.

Was it a coincidence or just simply by  chance that both Yun and Hirah ended up walking with the guys they had awkwardly talked to?

Well this is going to turn out to be really awkward somehow.