File 3: The Meeting

Duty vs. Love - Discontinued

You must be...?

Oh yes.

Would you like to resume?

Watch your head.

Loading File...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Loading Complete.

Please Proceed.

Glass flew everywhere and the lights went off. There was a short, high-pitched scream. In a minute, the lights turned back on, but in that minute, the whole room had been trashed and everything was changed. Desks were overturned and school bags were flung everywhere. Various weapons were all over the floor and various people were laying, knocked-out, on the floor.

"Don't move!" a boy with dark hair shouted, pointing a gun at Erang's head. Erang shook, looking at the boy from the corner of her eye. Various males dressed in the same dark uniform as he was, lay on the ground, tied up. The boy cursed loudly. Woohyun walked slowly around the boy, eyes flickering everywhere.

Jungwon was currently kicking a female unconscious while Seungyeon was busy strangling someone in the corner. Miho was in a martial arts position, breathing heavily. Two members of the Disciplinary Committee were trying their best to separate Seungyeon from the poor victim while some stood ready to battle and others were on the floor, knocked-out.

Sooyeon stood there, her eyes roaming the room analytically. She took a fake step towards the boy and Erang.

"I said don't move!" the boy yelled, shoving the gun closer to Erang's head. Erang fearfully clutched onto the boy's arm around her neck, almost choking, before flipping the boy over her shoulder and pinning him down to the ground. Sooyeon raised an eyebrow. 

"I didn't," she said in a factual tone, crossing her arms. She looked at Woohyun who rolled his eyes.

"Alright; I got it," he said with a huff before taking the boy away. 

"Who were they?" Seungyeon asked gruffly, finally away from the victim of a boy. 

"That's a good question," Miho said, nursing a bruise on her arm.

"Someone explain what's going on!" Jungwon whined, a cut on her cheek. 

"I don't get what's going on," Erang mumbled, still shaking. 

"What's going on?" Seungyeon asked again. Sooyeon was silent. Seungyeon stomped up to her, grabbing her collar roughly. 

"Answer me!" she demanded, raising a fist. 

"Whoa! Why don't we explain?" Hoya offered, standing at the door with Taemin and the members of Logistics and General Welfare. Though Taemin, Hoya, and a few other, older members looked unaffected, other members began bursting out in fearful whispers.

"Fine," Seungyeon said, shoving Sooyeon back. "When I agreed, I didn't come to see someone almost get killed." 

"Well, the truth is, this is an everyday thing if you accept," Hoya said with a shrug. "Lately, Seoul Academy's reputation is dropping and so are the students' records. Drugs, fights, etc. are common. So, to come up with a solution, the principal, superintendent, and the rest of the old geezers decided to revive the Student Council." 

"Student Council?" Miho asked. "What does that have to do with anything? We almost saw murder today!"

"The Student Council here is different from the ones in other schools," Taemin answered calmly, his face serious unlike his bright persona before. "Kids here are unique. They can do things that normal kids usually can't. That's why, the Student Council is comprised of groups of students who can match or overpower the delinquents. Each section has different duties."

"What does Logistics do?" Jungwon asked, curiously. 

"Logistics is making and maintaining relationships between groups. Some delinquents aren't actual bullies. Some just hang out together in large groups," Hoya intervened. "General Welfare's main job is to protect the students while the Disciplinary Committee members are the ones who catch and punish rule breakers."

"I don't buy any of this," Seungyeon deadpanned. "I refuse to accept this job. I'm leaving." 

"Wait! Seungy-" The door slammed before Erang could finish her sentence. Sooyeon helped Erang up, ignoring the exit of a certain female. 

"What are you going to do? Didn't you need her?" Erang asked Sooyeon concernedly, standing with shaky legs and one swelling ankle.

"Everyone has a choice. Everyone," Sooyeon said softly before she snapped her fingers and pointed to Hoya. Hoya got down on one knee, back facing Erang.

"Come on," he said smiling.

"What?" Erang squeaked.

"Get on my back," Hoya offered.

"But I-" Sooyeon cut off all protests by pushing Erang. Hoya scooped Erang up as she turned a bright red and lost all ability to speak. Sooyeon pulled out a first-aid kit from her bag and handed Hoya something before turning away from the duo. 

"Let's go," Hoya said with a bright aura. He walked down the empty, bright halls with a chipper whistle. 


"You probably have a lot of questions, right?" Hoya said, his footsteps echoing down the hallway. "I'll answer them for you. What do you want to know?" Erang thought for a moment. 

"Will the Student Council be okay even if none of the Heads accept?" she asked slowly, trying not to turn redder as she slowly wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Well, it's obviously best if you guys do, but there's nothing we can do if you guys can't," Hoya said with a shrug. 

"Who's the President?" Erang asked carefully.

"Didn't she tell you?" Hoya asked, looking back at her. Erang shook her head. 

"Well, she does tend to not say anything," Hoya muttered to himself. "It's Sooyeon-Noona. She's the one who recommended all of you four and everything so even if she doesn't say it, she would really like for you four to accept."

"How can you tell?" Erang questioned. "It doesn't seem like she feels anything at all." Hoya opened a door and set Erang down on a bed. It was the infirmary without a doubt, with the multiple wooden cabinets, various medicine containers, beds and curtains, and a small refrigerator and microwave.

"You can't tell? Well, maybe it's because I was with her for two years, but her eyes are brighter when she's with you guys," Hoya said with a gentle smile, pulling out ice from the refrigerator. "I haven't really seen her like that for a long time. It's really nice." 

"Do you...like her?" Erang asked hesitantly her chest tightening. Hoya laughed, pulling up a chair in front of her.

"No way. How do I put it?" Hoya thought. "She's like my sister, you know? A lot of people feel like that. She's kind of like an idol, a star. We all just really admire her." Erang felt relief well up in her chest before feeling slightly guilty. 

"You're being really honest for a question you didn't have to answer," Erang murmured. 

"Well, I did say I would answer your questions," he laughed, taking her foot onto his lap. He gently pressed an ice pack on it.

"Then can I ask one more question?" she asked cautiously.

"Ask as many as you like," he said with a bright smile.

"Do you like anyone?" she asked.

"Yeah, but that will have to be our little secret," he said, winking at her. She nodded, red and speechless. 


Sooyeon placed a band-aid on Jungwon's cheek and slathered something on Miho's bruise. She stood up and walked to the door, opening it. She turned back and looked at them.

"I wasn't lying. You all have a choice," Sooyeon said to the people who had all gathered in the room. She sighed and turned away coldly, unlike her usual quiet and calm demeanor.

"Do what you want. I don't care anymore."

She slammed the door closed and left them to their thoughts. Silently, Taemin  and Woohyun left the room after her. The members began muttering amongst themselves. Several of them left, obviously with intentions of never returning. However, most of them stood firm  in the room, cleaning up the overturned desks and waking the knocked-out students with practiced movements. Miho and Jungwon looked at each other before grabbing their bags. They left and went their separate ways without looking at each other. 


Miho laid on her stomach on her bed, listening to loud music.


Jungwon hugged a pillow from her bed, silent.


Seungyeon laid on her dorm room bed, staring up at the ceiling.


Erang was sitting on her bed, staring at nothing after Hoya had walked her to her room.


Such an unbelievable and difficult choice...


Morning came, dawn's light reaching over the hills. Most of the students were just getting up to get ready for the day, stretching, changing, and freshening up. Some were still asleep, laying on their beds lazily. However, some were already wide awake and ready. 

Class 2-A:

"Sooyeon?" the teacher quesitoned. "Where might you be going?" Sooyeon looked at the teacher and pulled out a pass from her bag. The teacher waved her off no longer worried.

Class 2-B:

"Howon? Where are you going?" the teacher asked. 

"I'm going to a Student Council Meeting," he said with a smile. The teacher nodded.

"Oh me too!" Miho said, racing to the door after grabbing her bag, almost tripping. 

"Glad to see you're on board!" Hoya said, smacking her on the back.

"Yah!" she yelled, chasing him down the hall as he ran, laughing.

Class 2-C:

"Woohyun?" the teacher called. "Is Woohyun Nam here?" 

"That's odd," one of his friends muttered. "He was here just two seconds ago. His stuff is gone too."

"Where did he go?" some girls asked, mournful that their 'prince' had disappeared.

Class 1-A:

"Yes, Erang?" the teacher asked, seeing the student wave her hand wildly. 

"Um, I have to go to a Student Council meeting," she said shyly. 

"Will you be going from now on?" the teacher questioned.

"Oh," Erang said. "..."

Class 1-B:

"Student Council? Go ahead," the teacher waved off. 

"Thank you," Taemin thanked the teacher with a smile before running off, his bag in tow.

Class 1-C:

"Where are you going?" the teacher asked Jenny. 

"Student Council," Jungwon said quickly before leaving, her bag swinging on her arm. "Bye!" 

The teacher only sighed before returning to the lesson.

Class 1-F:

"Seungyeon?" the teacher called, raising an eyebrow. "I have a notice here to remind you to go to Student Council." Seungyeon only glared at the teacher. The teacher shrunk away a little, moving to throw the notice away.

"Fine," Seungyeon grunted, grabbing the paper roughly away from the teacher.

"Stupid," she muttered to herself as she walked down the hall with her bag lazily hanging on her shoulder as she began cursing.


" 'I'm so glad that you all came.' is what she is saying inside," one boy translated, patting her head good-naturedly. She swatted the handsome boy's hand away, blushing. The (future and present) Heads sat alone in the Student Council Room, including the boy who had suddenly appeared.

"Who are you?" Erang asked politely, holding her hand out.

"Oh, I'm the leader of Boyfriend!" the boy said with a smile, shaking her hand. "My name is Donghyun Kim, Class 4-A, and you are my princess?" Donghyun bowed, kissing her hand like a prince while Erang looked very red. Seungyeon rolled her eyes while Jenny and Miho could only watch with a blush. A book met the back of his head.

"Ouch!" he said, rubbing a new bruise from Sooyeon. 

"You shouldn't do that," a blonde boy scolded, appearing from nowhere. Miho blushed while Seungyeon snorted. Jungwon and Erang looked at the good-looking male and Sooyeon. The boy hugged Sooyeon around the shoulders easily with his height and her lack of it. 

"Yeah," another dark-haired boy added, looking much like the blonde one, as he also wrapped his arms around her neck from her other shoulder. "You know that she wants to be our only princess." Seungyeon feigned gags as Miho blushed double the shade. Jungwon and Erang blushed, somewhat interested. Sooyeon looked unaffected, simply returning to her book though there was a light shade of pink on her cheeks. Two more handsome, dark-haired guys appeared. 

"Donghyun-hyung," one called out.

"Oh, Hyunseong! What are you and Jeongmin doing here? I thought I asked you two to stay in class," Donghyun scolded.

"We came since Youngmin, Kwangmin, and Minwoo followed you," Jeongmin explained.

"Minwoo?" Donghyun said puzzled. "He isn't here though." The vent door was kicked.

"I made it!" a boy declared victoriously, stepping out of a vent. Sooyeon glanced at the new group of boys around her and the now-broken vent on the floor.

"Fix it," she said shortly, still reading. She pushed her glasses farther up on her nose.

"Now, you shouldn't do that," the blond boy, Youngmin or Kwangmin, said, taking her hand. He slowly began to pull her glasses off her face.

"You look so much better without them," he complimented.

"You should get contacts," the other suggested, pulling her hair band out of her ponytail, strands lining her face. Sooyeon closed her eyes.

"Sit down or you go out the window," she said coldly. Kwangmin and Youngmin froze and put down her things before walking away slowly and pulling out a chair. Hyunseong and Jeongmin slowly took a seat while Donghyun just appeared in a chair, fear clearly written on face. Minwoo almost zoomed into a seat after fixing the vent screen. Sooyeon, as if psychic, pulled on her glasses and slowly opened her eyes. She closed  her book and looked at all of them, reading the questions on their faces.

"Youngmin," she said, pointing to the blond boy. 

"Kwangmin, twins," she stated, pointing to the similar dark-haired boy. "These six are players and adopted brothers. Their nickname as a group is Boyfriend." She shook her hair out a bit.

"Tell me clearly whether you guys accept the job or not," Sooyeon stated, tying her hair back up, returning to the topic. She threw a glance at the six boys. 

"One wrong move and you're dead," she threatened them. They all froze, gulping nervously. She turned her attention back to the (future) Heads. 

"I think it would be neat and all," Miho started out. "But I don't think you've thought this through. What do we have that qualifies?" Sooyeon sighed, closing her eyes and resting her forehead in her entwined hands. 

"Miho Gonzalez, half-Hispanic and half-Korean, transferred to Class 2-B this year. 

"Erang Park, full-Korean, first year as Class 1-A.

"Similar stories with Jungwon Kwon, Class 1-C, and Seungyeon Choi, Class 1-F." Sooyeon looked at all of them, opening her eyes and staring at them from behind her entwined hands.

"What do you all have in common?" she asked. They stayed silent. 

"You all have met me one point or another," she answered her own question. 

"Miho, during a one month transfer opportunity I took to the United States; Erang from a week-long book fair; Jenny with a day at the mall; Seungyeon..." Sooyeon closed her eyes. 

"I don't remember you," Jungwon said with a frown. 

"We met?" Erang quesitoned.

"...Transfer...?" Miho wondered.

"How do I know you?" Seungyeon asked, scowling. There was no answer to any remark. 

"Tell me clearly," Sooyeon said softly. "Are any of you joining?" 

"I can't really agree with such a vague answer. I'm sorry," Erang declined, standing up and leaving. 

"Me too," Jungwon agreed, her face scrunched up in confusion. "I just don't get anything that goes on here." She followed Erang, slipping through the door just before it closed. 

"Well?" Sooyeon asked, looking at them. Miho squirmed uncomfortably. Sooyeon's eyes passed over her to Seungyeon.

"No. I hope I never see you again," Seungyeon said, grabbing her bag and walking out calmly for the first time in a while. Miho stood up. 

"I..." Miho was at a loss for words. Her usual blunt nature took over. "I can't. I just can't." She picked up her bag and quickly walked out of the office, leaving the six boys with Sooyeon. 

"Hey," Hyunseong called. "You okay?" Sooyeon stood up and turned towards her office without an answer. Kwangmin and Youngmin stood to follow her. 

"Don't," she murmured softly, stopping, her hand on the doorknob.

"Just don't," she mumbled with a quivering voice before closing the door behind herself softly.

Now Closing File...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Please Proceed to Next File...