File 1: Before The Beginning

Duty vs. Love - Discontinued

Please identify yourself.

I see.

You are now officially registered in the database.

Please watch your step.

Loading File...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Loading Complete...

Please Proceed...

Five girls stood in the large principal's office. Bookshelves lined the left and right walls while a window covered the middle of the center wall. A large mahogany desk, matching the numerous bookshelves, was placed near the window with a black, leather office chair occupied the space behind it. Five chairs were currently placed in front of the desk, facing the window and the office's occupant. 

The principal and superintendent were looking out the large window, slightly looking back at the girls together. Several other people stood at their sides, obviously important by their posture. 

One girl with long hair in a ponytail and glasses sat on the chair at the very left, pulling her knees to her chest, holding her bag in her lap, while looking on thoughtfully in silence. Another, an Asian, but not one who was fully Korean, sat beside her casually with a shocked face, trying to form words but failing to. Her bag lay on the ground by her feet. A girl with similar features as the first, but with her long hair down sat at the center chair, draped over it in an informal fashion with her eyes wide and words forming, her bag thrown on the floor carelessly. Two girls sat on the other side of the girl, both with long hair, but they were obviously very different. One had a headband in her hair and had a cute face that was contorted with confusion, still holding her bag. The other was just staring in simple shock, her hair in a small ponytail at the top of her head, her bag against the chair neatly.

"What the f-"

"We understand," the girl with glasses cut off softly, yet quickly. She threw a meaningful glance at the girl in the center who had finally been able to get a sentence out of ; a non-decent one, but a sentence nonetheless. The principal nodded shortly before dismissing the five girls from her office. The five girls walked out in silence, surprise written on three faces while anger was written on another though there was a calm aura around the final one. 

The doors shut with an echoing clack! before the informal girl turned to the one with glasses, hands on her hips.

"You gonna explain?" she asked. The girl with glasses was silent. She looked at each of them in the eyes before walking passed the four other girls, down the long hallway. The angry girl huffed, blowing a piece of her hair up before it flopped on her face again. 

"Thanks for the help!" the girl yelled angrily down the hall. She grumbled to herself before stomping down the hall as well. The three remaining girls stared at each other before shrugging helplessly and following her. 


Class 2-A:

"Sooyeon?" the teacher called. "Sooyeon Choi? Are you here?"

"Oh teacher," the girl informed. "Choi-sunbae never answers. She doesn't talk much. Oh, but she always sits right next to the window." A girl with glasses raised her hand and waited for the teacher to nod in her direction before she gently tapped the girl on the shoulder. The girl turned around.

"Neh, sunbae-nim?" the girl asked, turning around with her eyes sparkling. Sooyeon shook her head sheepishly. The girl pointed to herself. 

"I can call you Sooyeon-Unnie?" the girl phrased with disbelief. Sooyeon nodded with a half-smile. 

"Sooyeon-Unnie gave me a half-smile!" the girl and her friends squealed together. Sooyeon looked out the window uninterested as the teacher continued.

Class 2-B:

"Miho Gonzalez," the teacher sounded out. A bright, bubbly girl raised her hand, almost standing from her seat.

"Hey!" she said with a large smile, waving happily. Some males began whispering together with smiles on their faces.

"Miho?" the teacher repeated. Miho nodded eagerly. The teacher looked at the girl with an odd look, but nodded and continued with attendance.

Class 1-A:

"Erang Park? Erang Park?" the stiff teacher called out.

"Here!~" the girl said, enthusiastically raising her hand. Whispers broke out from girls and boys at the cute and polite girl.

"Pleasure to have you," the teacher greeted with a half-smile. Erang only smiled.

Class 1-C:

"Jungwon Kwon?" the teacher read off.

"Oh I'm here!" a girl said, wildly waving her hand from her seat off to the side. "I'm all the way over here! Hehe!~" The teacher coughed awkwardly to cover up the surprise. 

"I had sugar this morning!~ Whee!~" she said with a large smile, almost jumping off of her seat. Girls looked at her oddly while boys only whispered to each other about the hyper girl. 

Class 1-F:

"Seungyeon Choi?" the teacher cried out for the fifth time. "Seungyeon Choi!"

"What do you want?" a girl shouted angrily from the back. She sat with her feet on the top of her desk and her stylish uniform was put on messily. She blew a bubble with her gum that popped loudly, resounding in the quiet, fear-filled classroom. 

"Well?" Seungyeon called. 

"We're taking attendance," the teacher explained as calmly as possible.

"You have eyes don't you?" she yelled back smirking arrogantly. "This is my seat so from now on I want you to look here to see if I'm present. Though most of the time, I probably won't even be listening to this stupid class anyway." 

"Wha-?" the teacher spluttered.

"You don't have a problem do you?" Seungyeon asked, throwing her head back in defiance, popping another bubble. The teacher coughed awkwardly before returning to the attendance sheet. 


"This doesn't make sense!" Seungyeon yelled, pacing the length of the spacious room. "Why were we chosen?"

"For our abilities?" Erang supplied cautiously.

"Yeah right," Seungyeon snorted. She pointed to the Sooyeon who was reading a book in silence at the head of the table.

"We have a glasses-girl bookworm." She turned her attention to Miho who was blinking in confusion.

"We have some transfer." She gestured to Jungwon who was practically dancing around the room.

"We have this hyper, sugar-high girl." She glanced at Erang who was sitting neatly in her seat.

"We have Miss Goody-Two-Shoes here and me, little ol' hot-tempered me!" She plopped into her chair. 

"Why are we chosen? Huh?" she yelled, her voice bouncing off of the walls. Sooyeon closed her book and put it down on the table, interlacing her fingers and placing her elbows neatly on the table.

"I recommended all of you," she said quietly, her eyes closing. 

"What?" Miho shouted.

"Why'd you do that?" Seungyeon asked angrily. Sooyeon opened her eyes slowly and blinked. 

"Because I chose all of you," she enunciated. 

"We get that, but why?" Seungyeon yelled in irritation. Sooyeon didn't answer. Seungyeon growled in the back of in frustration.

"Who are all of these people anyway?" she barked, getting up in anger.

"Oh hi! I'm Jungwon Kwon! I'm from Class 1-C!" Jungwon said chipperly, shaking Seungyeon's hand with great enthusiasm. Seungyeon pulled her hand away in disgust as the bubbly girl.

"I'm Erang Park. I'm in Class 1-A," Erong introduced with a friendly smile.

"I'm Miho Gonzalez, Class 2-B. I'm half-Korean, half-Mexican, and all me!" Miho introduced with a light wave and big smile. 

"Seungyeon Choi, Class 1-F," Seungyeon grumbled out. 

"Sooyeon Choi, Class 2-A," Sooyeon quietly mumbled.

"Now what are we doing here?" Seungyeon asked, slamming her hands on the desk in front of Sooyeon. Sooyeon blinked calmly and didn't answer.

Instead, she picked up her bag, got up, and gestured around the cream-colored room, marked Student Council Room on the door with fancy, golden letters. Behind her was a window with thin, white curtains and two walnut bookcases, mostly empty at the moment, were placed at the corners. Two plants were between the window and bookcases. On the two other sides of the room, there were four nearly identical doors, a rich chestnut color. The only differences were the signs on the doors, written in white, neat letters.  She motioned at the first door, book in hand, asking the four to follow her. 

"This better be good," Seungyeon grumbled under her breath. Sooyeon opened the door, marked as the President and Vice President's Office, after making sure that the four were following. 

They stepped through the door and that was the mark of the start of their new lives.

Now Closing File...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Please Proceed to Next File...