File 9: The First Mission - Initiation to Completion

Duty vs. Love - Discontinued

Do I know you?

Ah yes. It's been quite some time.

Would you like to resume?

Please duck your head.

Loading File...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Loading Complete.

Please Proceed.

"Testing. 1. 2. 3. Reconnaissance, are you ready? This is Alice, over," a soft voice muttered, the faint sound of typing heard in the background.

"I don't know about this...Alice. Doctor, over," an unsure voice murmured over the microphone, the distinct sound of something being hit almost covering her voice.

"Don't worry. We'll be fine. I'll snap some sense into Doctor over here, 'k Alice? Princess over," another peppier voice said rather brightly.

"This is Lock. I wouldn't worry. We'll watch out for the two girls, right Knight?...Oh, Lock over," the happy voice asked.

"...Yeah. Knight over," a voice said, embarrassment and disbelief flooding his deep voice.

"Alright. Lock, cover Doctor and enter from the West wing. You need to travel 6 meters North and 4 meters West. You should find a large opening. Wait beside there," Alice instructed, the sound of typing now distinct, but a blur. "Knight, take Princess and enter from the Southern wing. Travel 10 meters South and 5 meters East and there should be a large tree. I'm afraid that you'll have to climb that. Both of you, if anyone discovers you, knock them out instantly before they can call for help. I'm depending on you, Lock, Knight."

"I'll watch over Doctor here," Lock agreed, a rather happy tone lining his voice. "Lock over."

"...Sure. Knight over," Knight muttered, embarrassment still tingeing his voice. The distinct sound of Alice's giggle came over the microphone and everyone stopped for a second.

"Diversion Team A come in," Alice ordered, her voice serious again.

"Diversion Team A, Cleanup, Flare, and Samurai are in the clear. We're waiting for your order. Flare, over," a deep voice whispered over the microphone. 

"Cleanup here. I think Samurai needs a chill pill. He's been hyperventilating for a while now. Cleanup over," a higher, but still somewhat low, voice muttered teasingly.

"I'm fine. Samurai over," another voice came, not as deep as the first, but lower than the second. He was taking deep breathes, and as Cleanup had mentioned, he did sound like he was hyperventilating. 

"Breathe in...Breathe out...Breathe in...Breathe out," Alice murmured softly into the microphone. "Do you feel better? Alice over."

"...Yeah. Thanks. Samurai over," Samurai muttered, his breathing calmed.

"Alright. Diversion Team A, you're in perfect position. Nice job. I want you all to wait for my signal then," Alice whispered, her voice calm and like a relief in the tense atmosphere.

"Diversion Team B, do you copy?" Alice asked, the sound of her typing almost a blur now.

"MVP here...To be honest, I think we're lost," a distinctly female voice came over, her voice unsure. "MVP over."

"We are not!" a voice childishly cried out. "End over."

"Team B, travel 5 meters West and 2 meters North," Alice ordered. "End, be kind to MVP and MVP, please watch over End for me."

"Team C, do you read me?" she asked, her voice unusually soft.

"Melody here. I want to change my name, over," an obviously male voice said, embarrassment and disbelief lining his tone. No one paid his plea any mind.

"Divert here. We're almost there, over," another male whispered.

"Good. Travel another 7 meters East and 8 meters South and Melody, keep with your name. Alice over," she muttered. 

"Alice!" a voice hissed. "It's Ninja. We have company! Tofu may be here with me, but we're outnumbered. Want to give us a helping hand or should we take care of it on our own? Ninja over."

"Really? Team A, B, and C, prepare for attack. Reconnaissance, get ready to dart in. I'll give you the signal in a minute. Alice over," she said, the typing ceased before only the sound of the wind was heard. 


A single card laid in front of them.

They stared at it for a moment before sensing danger, a second too late as numerous identical cards sliced downward, causing chaos. Amidst the confusion, three figures flew around, leaving only defeat behind.

One was obviously female, wearing the female school uniform with a long ponytail. The light of the moon glinted off of her glasses as she disappeared and appeared, the distinct style of Choy Li Fut Kung Fu as her weapon. A card, identical to the rest, stayed in each hand, but almost seemed to be an extension of her arm to make up for her lack of reach and height.

Another was male, his weapon being throwing knives that were barely seen against the dark night. He left only defeat, not death, but with hurt prides as well. He was fighting mostly from afar, backing the other two, but as one unfortunate person demonstrated, he was also skilled in Hapkido. His hair barely moved as his school uniform silently fluttered in the wind, the tie too loose and jacket discarded elsewhere. He had on a pair of white gloves, the bright hands ironically showing the light of defeat.

The final one was also male, his choice in weapon was a hand-to-hand combat style that could only be called Krav Maga. At times, he would switch off to Tang Soo Do, but both styles left misery in his wake. He was also wearing the same uniform as the male before, but his hair was longer and cut less wildly.

Soon, the battle was done and the three met at the center of the knocked out bodies, numerous in number.

"It was a nice warm-up, was it not Ninja, Tofu?" Alice asked, rolling her shoulder back.

"Exciting," Ninja squealed childishly with a grin.

"Perfect," Tofu agreed, an oddly happy smile on his face. A man behind Ninja got up, unnoticed by either of the two males as the two talked animatedly about the fight and who defeated more people. Eyes widening, Alice pushed Ninja away, shoving her body against hers. The knife streaked past, a cut on her back. With narrowing eyes and a single flick of the wrist, the man lay on the floor, a card out of his head.

"I wanted to end the game without any death too," Alice mourned, turning to the two shocked boys. She stuck her tongue out. "And now my count is 3 higher than both of yours. I win."

"I demand a rematch," Ninja demanded.

"Me too," Tofu agreed. She gave a quick smile, making the two stand for a second in silence. 

"We have a mission," she reminded, tossing them their earpieces once again as she pulled out her headset from some unknown place, placing it on her head. She began walking toward where they had set up base camp. She turned to the two of them.

"Ninja, Tofu, guard the perimeter once more. I'll return to my post. Team A, B, C," she called, lifting the flap of the small tent and settling down. She pulled out a dark red blanket from a nearby trunk, wrapping it over her shoulders while wincing. "Prepare. We'll be going in soon."


"You got it Alice, MVP over," MVP muttered, the distinct crunch! of a branch traveling to their ears.

"We're clear here too," Samurai whispered, his breathing beginning to increase again. "Samurai over."

"We're ready. Divert over," Divert murmured, obviously ducking under a bush when the distinct sound of a leaf crumpling crawled through the earpiece. 

"Reconnaissance, are you in the clear?" Alice asked.

"Ready! I can't wait to stretch my legs! Princess over and out," she said happily. 

"We're ready," Lock answered. "Lock over." There was the distinct sound of a muffled giggle, but all members strained to hear it, not in the least bit worried.

"Alright. I will always remain in contact so be ready," Alice whispered. There was a chorus of answers, but she ignored them. "Team A...Go."

"Yes!" Cleanup shouted as the three charged in.

"Team B...Attack."

"Finally!" MVP shouted happily, leaping over the crumbling wall with End.

"Team C...Have fun."

"You got that right," Melody said, an obvious smirk on his face. Alice gave a smile, but winced. (This is going to be a long mission.)


Cleanup cried out in rage before shooting numerous baseballs at a person, her metal bat glinting. People strained to dodge her continuous attacks while dealing with attacks from the other two, more and more reinforcements piling in to meet demands. Her figure was obviously of a girl's, but for this day, she had chosen to wear black jeans and a large white shirt, her long hair up in a ponytail as ordered.

Another person, obviously a male, was wearing all black and, oddly enough, a tie. His eyes burned with a steady passion and he used his weapon, a black and yellow taser gun to the max potential, knocking out many in his path. His hair was shorn short and barely moved as he cleared a path.

"Yo Flare, want to give Cleanup a hand?" another male asked, brandishing a long katana. His hair was not too long as to get in the way, but neither was it too short to not move. He was wearing the school uniform, as Ninja and Tofu were, his jacket discarded elsewhere. He gave a good-natured smile as he knocked opponents down like a samurai would to a bamboo shoot.

"As if I need it Samurai," Cleanup shouted back, hitting numerous more opponents.

"Our job here is to divert and protect the Heads," Flare reminded, getting closer to Cleanup. They fought back-to-back and soon, Samurai retreated to them, holding his arm from a bad cut.

"D***! I should have worn some old clothes rather than the school uniform," he cursed before ripping his sleeve, sheathing his blade. Cleanup and Flare covered him as he wrapped the wound with a single hand and his teeth, the torn cloth soon staining red. He tightened it, making sure that it was tight enough before grabbing his blade again, holding his sheathe in his other hand. The three stood back-to-back as the enemies began to surround them. The three paused in their attacks, analyzing the situation.

"Any help Alice?" Samurai muttered. "Alice? Samurai over."

"I'm looking..." Alice said over the microphone. "...They seem to be large in numbers, however, by searching my data base, I have found that they are rather low level. Simply endure. You should get through it soon."

"Thanks for the advice," Cleanup sarcastically stated. 

"No problem," Alice wryly answered. Cleanup smirked.

"Oh well, this part can be called 'pointless violence,' right Alice?" Cleanup asked, brushing her bat off with one hand, her eyes catching a few people flinching.

"I suppose you could put it that way...If I were to give you advice right now, the best is to say, assume that they have just insulted you," Alice said, barely above a whisper.

"Alright. Watch out Alice. I'm going to fall in the rabbit hole," Cleanup warned, smirking.

"Samurai and Flare, why don't you join her? Your part is to watch over her," Alice pointed out.

"I'm down with that," Samurai agreed, smiling as he flicked his blade, the blood splattering on the ground in front of them. "I call being Cheshire Cat."

"Alright," Flare finally decided. "However, I'm afraid that I'll have to be Hatter." 

"Have fun," Alice advised.

"Of course," the three said in unison before attacking.


"Whoa whoa whoa!" a girl shouted in her school uniform. "Watch where you touch!" She hit a man across the face with her tanbo, the chain at the end knocking into his head and knocking him out. Her hair was back in a ponytail and she irritatedly brushed a strand of loose hair behind her ear.

"I expected mercenaries to do their job, not find time to ually harass the invaders," she grumbled, landing back-to-back with a boy who was around her height.

"You should calm down MVP," the boy tried to calm, his bangs barely above his eyes. He wore the school uniform as well, his jacket discarded and sleeves rolled up. 

"You say that when you're being harassed later End," MVP angrily shouted.

"End, MVP, please focus on your roles," Alice's voice crackled over the earpiece.

"Tell that to the mercenaries," MVP complained, eyes darting to movement in the crowd.

"As if it is not obvious, I am not there to order them. My role is to instruct you all," Alice's voice teasingly muttered.

"Sure sure," MVP grumbled, her grip on the tanbo strengthening. "Do I have permission to beat the c*** out of the b******* at least?"

"Permission granted," Alice allowed, the sound of covered laughter leaking into the earpiece. MVP charged with a cry of anger. "End, please watch over her."

"That's apparently my job," End muttered.

"End get over here! This is part of your job too!" MVP shouted, turning back for a second. A man swung a metal, rusted pipe, End's eyes widening. There was a scream. End held an arm around MVP, his other blocking the pipe. He bit his lip, blood flashing before he kicked the man in the stomach, causing him to fly off. MVP stood there for a second before rushing to him.

"You okay?" MVP asked, pulling back his sleeve. 

"No," End truthfully admitted, barely glancing at the terrible bruise on his arm. He pulled his sleeve back over the wound. 

"You two okay?" Alice's breathy voice came over. 

"We'll live," End answered, looking at the knocked out people around himself, one arm holding his other. 

"Sorry about the scream," Alice apologized, her voice trembling. 

"Gave me a heart attack," MVP muttered. 

"Team B, pull back," Alice ordered. 

"What? But I can still fight," MVP protested.

"MVP, head toward Team C. They're around 20 meters South and you should reach it soon," Alice ordered. "End, get back to the base."

"Bu-"

"Now," Alice cut him off. 

"You're being an overprotective Umma," End argued.

"This 'overprotective Umma' can see the stab mark on your waist. Get. Over. Here," Alice commanded with gritted teeth. MVP looked closer and realized that he hadn't been really holding his other arm. The lack of light had covered the blood that had leaked onto his uniform.

"You ordered me to protect her," End shouted.

"And now I'm ordering you back. MVP?" Alice called.

"Go back End. I'm not some pretty pink princess that needs protecting you know. I'd be more worried about that wound. Never seen anyone like that before," MVP assured. She lightly pushed him. "Get going already." He turned to her, eyes blazing.

"End?" MVP questioned with an eyebrow raised.

"Fine," he agreed, grumbling. He leaned over and kissed her cheek. "That's a promise that you're returning." MVP blushed a bright red. 

"Al-Alright, now get going!" she roughly said, running past him. 

"...End, MVP, please keep in mind that I can see what you're doing," Alice's voice crackled over the earpiece. End blushed brightly, one hand over his face. MVP ran, still red, her hand clasped tightly around her tanbo.

"...I'm heading to the base," End muttered.

"...Send me the coordinates again please," MVP requested, her feet still moving. 

"18 meters South," Alice answered. "Now End, get over here and MVP, let out some frustration."

"Roger that," the duo answered, both still red in the cheeks.


"This is lame," Melody complained, making a gesture to cover his ears. Divert followed his lead, the school uniform-clad two safe from the ear-splitting screech as Melody blew into a small metal whistle. 

"No matter how many times I hear it, it still stings," Divert mentioned, a finger in his ear as he tried to hear again. "Duck!"

Melody dropped to the floor as a person stood wobbly behind him, knife in hand. Divert streaked his hand backward as his fingers curled around an appearing black, leather whip. He swung his hand foreward with great speed and strength, the weapon streaking around the enemy and tying the person up. Diver raised his hand and the man followed before he slammed the handle onto the ground, the person unable to catch himself or stop as he knocked out, headfirst.

"What I can't believe is that Team A is calling all the reinforcements and we're stuck here with the small fry," Melody grumbled, kicking a nearby person in frustration, completely unaffected by the previous incident as the whip disappeared.

"Don't kick a guy when he's down," MVP chided, running to the duo. 

"You going to cover with us now?" Melody asked, swinging the small whistle by the chain.

"I'm not sure. I was attacked by some people on the way. They were easy to defeat, but my earpiece fell out and some idiot stepped on it. It's pretty much dead now," she explained, holding up a small black metal piece with wires that sprung from the inside. Divert and Melody made a face. 

"Hey Alice. MVP lost her connection," Divert said into his own earpiece. 

"Give me a second," they heard her mutter before a walkie talkie appeared in front of MVP. She caught it, surprised.

"I have Tofu with me so now we'll be all connected again. I trust that you'll be fine without it though MVP," Alice said, the sound of her typing soft. "Melody, MVP, and Divert. Attack the main entrance of the biggest warehouse. By doing so, many more guards will come to defend the pier. I expect that they'll be higher level, but nothing you all can't handle. Reconnaissance is still searching, but they're almost done. Get going now."

"Got it," Melody grumbled, walking towards the large warehouse with a relaxed tune. 

"Neat song," MVP commented, catching up. "What's it called?"

"Not sure. Tofu made it up," Melody answered, still walking.

"Aren't you two too relaxed?" Divert questioned, rushing to follow the duo. The two turned to look at him.

"Not really."


Two shadows jumped from behind one crumbling wall to another. They darted down between the vans and lightly opened doors, quickly knocking out whoever was in the vehicle before looking around, muttering something, and leaving silently. The duo lightly passed guards, unnoticed by the marching shadows, as they headed closer and closer into the mix of the black vans, the tinted windows that revealed nothing to the moonlight.

The two jumped into a van, a quick flick of the wrist of one, causing them all to pass out. Before the opponents fell to the ground, a jingling object at the end of a long, thin chain wrapped around the group, effectively tying them together.

"I think that this is the last of them on our side," the girl muttered. Her hair had been tied back and every now and then, she fiddled with it, obviously unaccustomed to the strands of hair exposing her face. She was wearing black shorts and a white tanktop, an outfit that, for some odd reason, hid in the shadows. She had on a pair of black leather gloves to complete the look and she was careful not to leave a single trace of herself wherever she went with her partner.

"Probably," the male whispered back. He was wearing his school uniform, but he had loosened the tie and was constantly brushing his bangs from his eyes. He cast a critical eye over her.

"We should contact Alice, right Lock?" she murmured. He was hardly listening and by the time she turned to look at him, his jacket only landed on her face.

"Cover yourself up," Lock hissed. "I'm cold just looking at you Doctor. Take care of your own health before worrying about a patient."

"I didn't want the codename," Doctor grumbled, sliding on the jacket anyways. She blushed, entirely surprised that even though she had known that Lock was male, he seemed so skinny, too fragile. However, the piece of clothing he had given her was big on her and she reluctantly admitted that it smelled differently...manly. (So Lock is a guy too...) She held the sleeve to her face, red in the face.

"You search there. I'll search back here," Lock ordered, already heading to the trunk of the van, his red face unnoticed. Lock searched around at the trunk of the large van while she searched the driver's area. Faintly, she could hear him mumble to himself and she only smiled. She looked up and at the corner of her vision she saw a black blur, heading towards the van. Alarmed, she grabbed Lock and jumped out of the van's back doors just as the van blew up. Lock cursed.

"Thought I was supposed to protect you," Lock muttered, his eyes never leaving his opponent's.

"I'm only a doctor," Doctor teased, a bit touched as she stood behind Lock, his arm guarding her, protecting her, from the danger.

"Stay there," Lock muttered before he swung his hand slightly backward, his fingers curling around a nonexistent item before a long thin chain appeared in his hand. At one end, closer to Doctor and himself, was a small pocket watch-like metal item and at the other end was a ring of keys.

He swung the chain towards the opponent who held a sword raised. Lock smirked as the opponent smacked the chain downward with the weapon, aiming to break it or deter it. However, the chain held fast and the ring of keys changed direction suddenly, swinging through the legs and tripping the opponent. The man attempted to stand, prying the chain from his legs. He was soon successful and stood once again in a stance with the sword raised high before a small, thin object pierced his arm and he fell to the ground unconscious. 

"I thought I was supposed to help you," Lock reminded, turning to Doctor. She looked away pointedly, blushing.

"It was just throwing a senbon covered in sleeping powder," she muttered humbly, beginning to run towards another van. "We should move fast. Reinforcements might arrive soon."

"Correct," Alice's voice came from the earpiece, startling the two. "Doctor, Lock, head back to base. I've mapped the entire area and you've covered all of your section. It's left to Princess and Knight now."

"Shouldn't we help divert attention?" Lock questioned, the two altering their course towards their escape route.

"It's fine. Cleanup is having too much fun and Samurai and Flare aren't doing much to stop her," Alice answered, the sound of her typing too apparent in the earpiece.

"You should type softer," Lock chided, the two still running.

"I am simply typing with speed," Alice mysteriously countered, though the sound of her typing did quiet slightly. "Get out of the pier and into the forest nearby. I'll guide you from there."

"Roger that," Doctor replied, a smile on her face.

"Oh, and take your time. The most important thing right now is to escape with your lives," Alice softly said, her words carressing the duo.

"Sure," Lock agreed half-arrogantly.

"We will," Doctor rephrased, throwing a pointed look at Lock who only winked at her as she turned a darker red.


"Ow," a voice hissed as her behind met contact with the floor. She was wearing her school uniform and had her hair back in a ponytail, loose strands of her bangs hanging over her forehead. Her partner sighed, giving her a hand. He was also dressed in his school uniform, his hair neat and pristine as he helped her stand.

"Well aren't you clumsy, my Princess," he teased gently as he let go of her hand after making sure she had balance.

"Isn't that why you're here to protect me, my Knight?" Princess teased back, playing along as she grabbed onto his arm as the two walked.

"Of course my lady," he answered, playing along, completely swept up by Princess's tempo.

"Knight, Princess," a voice crackled over their earpieces. "Quit acting out a play and hurry up. Lock and Doctor are already done and escaping. Team B has already been injured and retreated. Though Team A and C are fine, they all have a limit."

"Sorry Alice. We're on our last few cars," Princess answered, the two heading towards a line of black vans. The two made quick work, Princess shooting each passing guard with a single shot of her tranquilizer gun while Knight, taking care of the closer, more dangerous opponents with a few punches with his metal knuckles, the blades at the ends flashing against the moonlight and injuring the stubborn guards.

Princess aimed a shot at one of a group of five, quickly shooting another at the person beside him, knocking out the two immediately with her aimed darts.

Knight rushed up to the other three, punching the one in the center with a strong uppercut and ducking under another's attack. Knight quickly jabbed his opponent in the stomach who stood once again, coming upon Knight as he battled the third. The third man spotted the second and jumped out of the way, Princess's third dart meeting its mark and knocking him out as the other man's punch hit Knight on the back. Knight fell on the floor but rolled with the momentum, standing up just as quickly and reciprocating the attack. He slightly missed, but the blade nicked the man's cheek. He attempted to dodge the next attack, but completely missed Knight's other fist as it approached his face and knocked him out.

"Alice, we're done," Princess soon reported, one hand on her earpiece. 

"...Alright. Return to base. Head to the forest and I'll guide you from there," Alice ordered, her voice displaying her focus.

"We'll be there soon," Princess promised lightly as the two turned towards their escape route. 

"I'll make sure she gets there safely," Knight added, sensing the silent worry flowing from Alice. There was a soft sigh.

"Be careful," she warned before there was a snap! in the background.

"...Alice? You okay?" Princess questioned, her own worry coating her voice. There was the sound of some rustling and another sound, a thunk! before someone coughed.

"I'm fine. I hit something," Alice excused in between coughs. Then she screamed. 


"Alice?!" Divert questioned at the sound of her muffled screech, the breath of her voice soon heavy. 

"Alice!" Various other voices scream as she did, the desperate, surprised, scared tones mixing blending, becoming one large feeling. Fear. 

There were sounds of struggle, things knocking over and leaves and many other things rustling. There was the distinct sound of a blade and blood before there was only silence.

"I'm fine," Alice finally answered. "Team A, B, and Reconnaissance. Everyone pull back. Now."

"You okay?" Princess muttered, the leaves whispering around her.

"I'm fine," Alice repeated without a hint of emotion. "Ninja got us a van. It should be at the end of the forest with him, Tofu, and End. Tofu will drive you all back to the Academy." Various answers mixed within the small device, becoming one mass of sound.

"Hurry up," Alice cut in, silencing them all. "There's a large mass of enemies approaching and I doubt that they will settle for a peace treaty."

"What about you?" Cleanup questioned, obviously in the midst of a fight when there was the distinct sound of someone's face meeting a baseball. The sound of clothes fluttering and something grabbing the headset from her before a cheery, familiar voice shouted through the mic.

"The Vice He-!"

"Get off right now Hitter," Alice threatened, snatching something--the headset--back form him as something--a book?--met the back of his head.

"Don't tell me," Cleanup groaned. "Is it who I think it is?"

"Lee and Suit are here too!" Hitter's bright voice called in the background. Alice sighed before continuing.

"Don't worry about me. All of you must escape first. That is top priority. Now hurry. I have some company so run fast. I'll catch up." There was the slight sound of the headset being put down before the sound of battle was imminent. 


"Alice!" Divert's worried voice called into the earpiece one more time. MVP smacked the back of his head as the three--the two boys and herself--ran toward the edge of the forest, the low trees visible just beyond the horizon. 

"Get a hold on yourself," she scolded, the three darting past warehouses and dodging the vigilant guards. "Aren't you supposed to be the leader? Come on. She's strong enough as it is. I'd be more worried about the enemy of hers." Divert gave a wry smile.

"I guess so," he admitted. "We should hurry. We've got some people on our tail."

"No problem," Melody said with a devious smile as they ran. He turned to MVP and Divert.

"Cover your ears." That was the only warning before Melody turned around, a small whistle appearing in his hand, identical to the one before. He blew into it, turning to his pursuers just as MVP and Divert covered their ears, a split second before a piercing noise shot through the air. The enemies lay on the ground with bleeding ears and dizzy minds.

"Remind me not to be near you when you're angry," Divert muttered as the trio ran off again.

"Sure," Melody agreed with a playful grin.


"Is that everyone?" Tofu asked from the driver's seat of the white van, a single light against the sea of dark.

"Yes now drive!" Ninja shouted at the eldest as he opened a window and climbed up to the top of the van, standing on the moving vehicle as other cars chased after it fervently. He threw knife after knife, one constantly in his hand to block bullets or to be thrown next. 

"His balance is good," Doctor commented as the group in the van tried to stay upright as Tofu drove around crazily, swerving to avoid bullets and turning quickly to lose the pursuers. Cleanup smirked.

"As if I'm going to let him take all the glory," she mumbled before she followed Ninja up there. She almost flew off at one crazy turn, but Ninja caught her arm. 

"What are you doing up here?" he asked with a scowl, taking a pause in his attacks.

"Easy. I'm giving a hand," she answered, smirking back. She stood, wary of her balance again before her bat materialized into the air and she grabbed it, feeling the handle under her fingertips. She swung it and smashed a window in, the van swerving from the surprised driver and hitting another.

"Two down," Cleanup stated, looking at Ninja. "Want to have a contest?"

"You're on," Ninja agreed with a bright smile. "I have to warn you though. I'm good at these kinds of things."


A white van pulled up to the front of the school, the four teams pouring from the doors. They stretched and talked animatedly, End leaning on MVP. Both who were mumbling to each other with pink faces. 

A few minutes later, another white van arrived, Hitter, Suit, and Lee getting off first. Alice followed, but more slowly, more carefully. She clapped and everyone silenced, turning to her.

"It's been a tiring day and I could go on forever about all your mistakes..." Alice pondered, her eyes sweeping the group. "However, it's been long. There is no class tomorrow and you're all free to go."

"Yes!" Ninja cheered, hugging Knight who patted his head awkwardly, blushing. Ninja ran off to hug someone else while Princess took his spot, hugging Knight tightly.

"We're free!" she cheered before she ran off, followed closely by the other members with the exception of Suit and Ninja. 

"You okay?" Ninja asked Alice with great concern.

"I'm fine. I'll just finish up the mission report and take a shower," she stated calmly. 

"But, aren't you hurt?" Suit asked worriedly, putting a hand on her back. She stopped his hand before he touched her.

"It's just a scratch," she assured with a quick smile. He pouted.

"You sure?" he repeated.

"Didn't you get a scratch on your back?" Ninja recalled, his eyebrows making creases in his forehead. Alice sighed.

"Yeah I did, but it's no big deal," she waved off. 

"Let's see it," Suit requested, ing her jacket. She blushed bright red.

"Forget it. It's fine," she assured again, pushing his hands away with her shaky ones.

"Bu-"

"I'm a girl you know," she murmured slightly above a whisper. "No matter what, it's still embarrassing."

"Right, sorry," Suit quickly apologized, though his eyebrows still met low on his forehead.

"Still, you should show us," Ninja muttered, passing Suit and putting a hand on her shoulder.

"It's fine," she assured again, her hand on his arm. "Now you two should sleep. It's late." 

"...Alright. Good night," Suit excused, Ninja close behind. She waved them out with a quick smile, hoping it didn't look too pained. Alice walked to her office and filed the mission report. After finishing other various papers and duties, she returned to her own dorm, stepping into the bathroom quickly and stripping her shirt. She turned around, staring at the bloodied undershirt and the large wound from shoulder to shoulder before wincing. There was a knock and she held a towel to her chest before her eyes widened.

"Hello," the person greeted, a cold smile plastered on. She politely greeted the person back with a faux smile, cursing in her mind. (Why...Why...Why?! Why is that person here?!)

Now Closing File...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Please Proceed to Next File...