File 6: Deja Vu

Duty vs. Love - Discontinued

You happen to be?

You? Oh I remember now.

Would you like to resume?

Watch your head.

Loading File...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Loading Complete.

Please Proceed.

Class 1-A:

"Erang! Erang!" the teacher called for the umpteenth time. Erang snapped to attention.

"Yes?" she called out, half embarrassed and half in shock. 

"Please don't daydream," the teacher worriedly said. "You've never done this before."

"I...I'm sorry," Erang apologized.

"Never mind," the teacher waved off. "Please read aloud the third paragraph, page 45." Erang stood up and read with a clean, fluid voice. It was as if it was just another day, but inside, she was in turmoil.

She had woken up many times during the night and heard something outside her window, but when she had thrown open the curtains, nothing had been there. Every single time. She sat down, trying to sort out her thoughts and remain calm. As soon as class was over, she was determined to find out what had been bothering her all night. She glanced out of the window near her, her eyes drawn to her dorm window, barely visible in between the branches of the tree blocking the way. Her eyes narrowed. (I will definitely find out what is wrong.)

But, nothing goes as planned. Helping teachers, pre-scheduled events with friends, homework, almost all forces seemed to keep her from seeing to the nuisance and before long, a whole week of long, sleepless nights passed. She yawned in class for the umpteenth time, catching the attention of the teacher. Once again, the teacher asked if she was alright, but she simply nodded with a smile as she did everyday. 

"What's the matter?" Minwoo asked, leaning on her desk with his hands on his cheeks, unlike other days.

"It's nothing," she said slowly, cautiously remembering the time before. "I just can't seem to get any sleep lately." 

"Too much homework?" Youngmin teased, plopping beside Minwoo. 

"No," she said shortly, somewhat nervous. 

"Youngmin! Minwoo!" Kwangmin called. "Let's go."

"Where?" Minwoo questioned, a wide smile on his face while Youngmin smirked.

"Are we visiting-?"

"Yes, now shut it," Kwangmin snapped, his cheeks a dark red.

"Okay, we're coming," Minwoo said good-naturedly as he got up with Youngmin who slung his arm around his twin brother's shoulders.

"Come on lover-boy," he teased.

"Sh-Shut up!" Kwangmin stuttered out, his cheeks a darker shade of red. 

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever makes you happy," Youngmin said sarcastically, rolling his eyes. He smirked. "Lover-boy!~"

"You're dead!" Kwangmin shouted, chasing after his brother out the door. Minwoo followed, laughing. Erang shook her head with a small smile. She picked up her bag and gathered her books, walking out the door, completely missing the President lecturing the three boys for running in the halls, her eyes flashing towards the tired girl.


Class 1-C:

"Hi!~" Taemin greeted.

"Hi!" Jungwon greeted back with just as much enthusiasm. She looked around. "Aren't you in another class?" 

"Well, yes," he admitted. He looked around as if someone was watching and soon he turned back to her, cupping has hands to his lips to whisper something out as if it were a dark secret. "But I came to try and convince you again." She rolled her eyes.

"I won't join," she said stubbornly. He pouted. 

"But Sooyeon-Noona really wants you to," he whined.

"But it was because of you guys that I was kidnapped. If I died, what would you tell my parents?!" she snapped. 

"You won't die," he said seriously, with a surprising confidence.

"I don't know why you're saying that," Jungwon said, packing her things as the bell rang to go the next class.

"Because," he stated. "You'll never die if Sooyeon-Noona cares for you." 

"I barely met her," Jungwon groaned, picking up her bag as she turned to leave.

"Wait!" he called out, catching her wrist.

"She gives out candy everyday," he blurted out desperately. 

"What type?" she asked with interest.

"Whatever you want. You just have to mention it and she'll have one for you everyday," he explained. 

"Okay. I'll join," she agreed, pulling away her wrist as she stuck out her tongue playfully. "But if she doesn't give me candy, I'm quitting!"


Class 1-A:

"Did you sleep well?" Minwoo asked her, plopping down in front of her. Erang nodded with a smile.

"Best sleep in ages," she replied. 

"That's good," Youngmin said, sharing a knowing look with Kwangmin. The bell rang for the end of the day and the three looked at each other, sighing.

"What's the matter?" she asked the trio, comfortable with them, but still wary.

"Detention," Minwoo grumbled, pouting. 

"It's not that bad," Kwangmin tried to comfort.

"Only you can say that," Youngmin groaned. He shared a secret glance with Minwoo and looped his arm around his brother's neck with a smirk. "After all, you get to see you-know-who." 

"Let's just go before the time is extended," Kwangmin ignored, his cheeks a bright red as he picked up his bag.

"Lover-boy!~" Minwoo and Youngmin shouted, running out the door.

"Yah!" Kwangmin yelled, chasing after them. Erang shook her head with a small smile. (They sure are energetic.)


"What do you mean I can't join?!" Jungwon shouted, slamming her hands on the wooden desk.

"You are unable to," Sooyeon said, not looking up from the paper she was reading in the President and Vice-President's Office

"Why not?" Jungwon demanded to know.

"You simply no longer have the right," Sooyeon stated, putting down the paper in her hand in one pile, signing it. She picked up another from different pile. "Please leave my office."

"I don't want to!" Jungwo yelled. "I want to joi-"

"No you do not," Sooyeon cut off abruptly, her eyes closed and eyebrows scrunched up in irritation. "You are here because a certain member of the committee bribed you. If it's candy you desire, then simply ask. Do not join the Student Council for such a petty reason."

"You say it's petty, but it's not. I truly want to join," Jungwon tried to say. "I just..."

"Don't know what you are getting into," Sooyeon supplied. "I offered, but I realize now that it was foolish. I will carry the load myself."

"You can't beg us and then decide you don't need us!" Jungwon shrieked, somewhat exaggerating it. Sooyeon opened her eyes slowly. 

"Please leave," she requested curtly, gesturing to the door.

"No," Jungwon said stubbornly, plopping down on the floor. "I'm not leaving until you agree." Sooyeon's eyebrows creased in irritation. 

"Please be reasonable," she requested again.

"No," Jungwon said simply, crossing her arms. 

"Do as you like," she muttered with exasperation, turning back to the papers in her hand with a sigh. Jungwon missed the twitch of the President's lips, completely missing a smile that could not be explained well with words; it was a smile that could only go along with it, but could not change it. Whatever it was.


Class 1-F: 

Seungyeon was irritatingly biting her nails, her eyebrows furrowed. The other students were practically cowering, though some feigned courage. 

"What?" she demanded of the one daring boy who had chosen to approach her. The boy quickly scurried away, apologizing pitifully. She stood up suddenly and left the poor teacher and the quivering students. 

"This is boring," she complained aloud to herself in the empty hallway. She walked without meaning once again, exiting the main building and walking around. She sighed, pulling out a piece of gum and chewing on it. "Man. How long will it take?"

"How long will what take?" a voice suddenly asked from behind her. She stopped, startled and turned her head around quickly to glance at the person who dared to call out to her. The boy waved with a smile, stars shining.

"Oh it's you Minwoo," she recognized. She brushed a strand of hair behind her ear with a cool expression.

"What do you want?" she demanded.

"Whoa," he said jokingly with a smile. "I just came to-"

"Try and convince me, right?" she cut off bluntly, brushing something off of her jacket.

"Wow. You're sharp!" he exclaimed, pointing a finger.

"Tch. You won't succeed," she muttered in annoyance.

"I won't give up until you say yes," Minwoo declared. 

"I'll say yes when playing cards become a lethal weapon," she said in deadpan, rolling her eyes. 

"Seriously?" Minwoo asked suddenly, holding onto her wrist.

"What?" she questioned in confusion.

"If I can prove that playing cards are a weapon, will you seriously join?" Minwoo repeated with shining eyes.

"...If you can do that and get me access to the student files," she decided seriously. Minwoo shouted in victory.

"Alright! Follow me!" Minwoo yelled, dragging her. She pulled her hand away.

"Stupid. I can walk on my own you know," she complained, sticking her tongue out.


"So all you have to do is let her and then we have to show her," Minwoo declared to Sooyeon. She glanced up at the two over her glasses and looked over Jungwon who was still sitting in the middle of the floor. 

"No," she said shortly.

"Why not?" Minwoo whined. 

"I'm not allowing her access into the student files and I do not need any help," she said shortly before returning to the book she was reading.

"Excuse me?" Seungyeon asked arrogantly. "You were almost begging us to join and now you're being all high and mighty saying you don't need us?" 

"You," the President threw a pointed glance at Jungwon who was sitting on the floor. "And you both seem to have misunderstood something. I simply have decided that I am quite qualified as I am to hold the positions on my own." 

"Are you suggesting that you're better than us?" Seungyeon asked with a heated glare. Sooyeon seemed unaffected. 

"I am not. I am merely stating that I am no longer in need of you," she said slowly and softly. Seungyeon sat down next to Jungwon in defiance. 

"I'm not leaving until you agree with my terms," Seungyeon declared, ignoring Jenny's raised hand for a high-five. 

"You both will not leave until I agree for the two of you to take your previous nominated positions?" Sooyeon murmured in slight confusion. She sighed.

"Minwoo, please leave. Keep in mind that you and Taemin are not quite dealt with yet," she said as Minwoo left the room in fear. "Oh, and as for the two of you, suit yourselves. At one point, you will leave."

"We'll leave victoriously," Seungyeon decided with a smirk. Sooyeon didn't spare her a glance, merely pushing up her glasses and pointedly ignoring her. Seungyeon and Jungwon looked at each other with identical expressions and did a silent high-five. (We'll win.)


Class 2-B:

"Hi!" Kwangmin greeted. Miho looked around for a bit before turning back to him, pointing to herself.

"Of course!" Youngmin exclaimed, appearing from almost nowhere as he wrapped his arms around her neck. Panicked and red in the face, she kicked him in the shin.

"Ow!" Youngmin shouted as he held his leg in pain. 

"Sorry!" she apologized immediately, holding up a finger. "But you shouldn't stand so close to me. Haven't you heard of personal space?"

"I guess that's my mistake," Youngmin joked, sticking his tongue out as he rubbed the back of his head in slight embarrassment. 

"So what are you two doing here?" she asked, stuffing things into her bag as the bell rang to go to the next period. 

"We're here," Youngmin started.

"To convince you of course!" Kwangmin finished with a smile. Miho sighed automatically. 

"I already told all of you that I won't. Besides," she sighed. "I refuse to do all the paperwork that comes with it." Kwangmin and Youngmin laughed.

"Oh that was funny," Youngmin said, his arm around Kwangmin's neck. 

"That was just too hilarious," Kwangmin agreed, wiping a tear from his eye jokingly.

"What?" Miho demanded. "That stack of papers on her desk looked pretty frightening to me!"

"That work only goes to her," Kwangmin stated, pointing at his brother. "Isn't that right?"

"Of course! Only Ms. President does the paperwork," Youngmin agreed, touching his finger to Kwangmin's finger in fake realization. 

"If that's the only reason," Kwangmin began.

"Won't you join?" Youngmin finished with a wink. Miho blushed a bright red.

"As if! I already declined! Stu~pid!~" Miho insulted with a red face as she ran out. She bumped into someone, the person barely catching Miho's wrist fast enough to avoid impact with the ground. 

"Oh," the girl exclaimed softly. Speak of the devil.

"Oh! Hi!~" Youngmin and Kwangmin greeted the President in unison. Almost magically, three detention slips appeared in her hand. She handed one to each of them. 

"No running in the halls," she reprimanded shortly before walking off. Miho crumpled the paper in her hands accidentally as she angrily clenched her fists. 

"Well, we'll see you in detention!" Youngmin and Kwangmin said in unison before running off.

"It's your fault!" she yelled after them angrily. She pouted before sighing. As it was she really had no choice. She had to make up the detention.


Class 1-A:

"It's just you today?" Erang asked Minwoo.

"Yeah. Youngmin and Kwangmin went to go convince someone else," he explained honestly. 

"Honestly," she sighed exasperated. "When are you all going to give up?"

"Never," Minwoo said, his normally happy-go-lucky face suddenly serious. He smiled, breaking the expression. "After all, then Sooyeon-Noona will be very happy, right?" She paused, her hands resting on her bag as she thought for some time. 

"Why does she want us so much?" Erang asked softly.

"That's easy. It's because you're all important to her," Hoya said, suddenly appearing. 

"Wha-What are you doing here?" Erang asked startled. "Isn't class going to start soon?"

"Well, I decided to join in on the 'Secretly Change the Candidates' Minds Plan' and you were number one on my list," Hoya said with a bright smile. 

Erang turned a bright red. (He said number one.) She turned an even darker shade. 

"Anyways, why don't you just reconsider joining? Please?" Hoya begged just as the bell rang. He cursed as he walked to the door. He stopped just before the door, his hand on the door frame.

"Later!" he said with a smile before running out. Kwangmin, Youngmin, and the other students began to walk in, the twins muttering about detention. The teacher walked in and began the lecture calmly. Erang's heart would not calm down and her red face was a permanent. Careful to not be seen by the teacher, for the first time, she passed a note, to Minwoo. He opened it almost unbelievingly, Youngmin and Kwangmin at his side. 

I'll join. 

The three smiled victoriously at her. Shyly, she smiled back before returning to the lecture. 


"Why are all of you in my office?" Sooyeon asked irritated. 

"We told you that we weren't going to leave," Seungyeon and Jungwon said in unison. Taemin and Minwoo stood guiltily by them.

"I'm here for detention," Miho said glumly with Youngmin and Kwangmin at her side.

"I decided to join," Erang said shyly as Hoya smiled from behind her. 

Sooyeon sighed, her eyebrows scrunching up in irritation. She opened but closed it before sighing again. There was a silent pause.

"First off, I suppose you have not heard, but I am no longer accepting any of you to become the Heads any longer," Sooyeon said, throwing a pointed look at the two girls on the floor. They stuck their tongues out in unison. "If you wish to go on 'strike' as they have, suit yourself." Erang opened to protest, but it died immediately seeing the frustration on Sooyeon's face. The President turned to Miho and the twins.

"Detention is never held here, as the two boys here should know. It's always held in the classroom connected to the Principal's Office. Now please leave," she requested. Youngmin and Kwangmin pouted.

"But," Youngmin protested

"We wanted to," Kwangmin continued.

"Make you smile!" Youngmin complained. 

"Do I look like I'm smiling?" Sooyeon asked in irritation. She pointed a finger to the door.

"Leave. Now," she ordered. The twins' smiles dropped and suddenly, they looked so serious. Miho held her breath as the other three looked in surprise. Sooyeon had plastered on the same expression.

"What's wrong with you lately?" Kwangmin muttered. 

"Nothing," she answered shortly. 

"Don't be such a liar!" Youngmin accused, his hands slamming on her desk. A cup full of pens, pencils, and other tools fell onto the ground. She sighed and got on the ground, picking them up slowly. 

"Look me in the eyes and tell me what's wrong already?" Youngmin yelled, grabbing her by the shoulders. She slapped his hands away and rolled her head back in arrogance. 

"Didn't I already tell you that I'm okay?" she said with irritation. 

"This isn't like you though," Kwangmin muttered from behind Youngmin. He looked her in the eyes, his eyes glossed over and looking at her with a serious expression. She turned away, breaking eye contact first.

"Forget it. The detention is cancelled. That's what you three were aiming for, right?" she said quickly, placing the cup back on the table where it belonged. She walked to the door.

"Don't just run away!" Youngmin shouted, stomping his feet. She didn't stop to turn around, but paused by the door. 

"Are you one to talk?" she murmured before walking out, the door shutting with a resounding click. Youngmin swore loudly while Kwangmin stared, wide-eyed. 

"What just happened?" Miho wondered aloud, somewhat frightened and somewhat curious. Youngmin cursed loudly once again before he ran out the door.

"Hey!" Kwangmin called out before running after him. Seungyeon and Jungwon were silent, one with slight interest and the other in shock. Hoya put his hand on Erang's shoulder.

"Why don't you leave for today?" Hoya suggested, leading her out the door. He did not mention coming again. 


"Sorry."


"We didn't want you to see that."


"Believe me when I say that she's a good person!"


"Please..."


"Just..."


"We're sorry."


"What was with that?" Miho began ranting. This time, the four ex-candidates were in Miho's room. 

"First she's almost begging us and now she just won't accept us," Seungyeon complained. "What's that b****'s problem?" Erang winced, but said nothing otherwise from her place leaning on the bed.

"I don't know, but she didn't have to yell at Youngmin," Miho defended with a pout from her desk chair, slightly red. 

"I don't really care what her problem is," Seungyeon said, flopping on Miho's bed without any hesitance. "All I care about is completing my goal as soon as possible. Then, I'll probably transfer schools. Who knew the once 'top' school is now such a h311hole?" She flicked some lint off of Miho's bed in disgust. 

"I don't know what's going on anymore," Jungwon muttered silently from the floor. 

"Join the club," Seungyeon groaned before pulling on her shoes at the door.

"Leaving?" Miho asked. Seungyeon nodded before the the door shut behind her. Miho sighed and looked at the remaining two girls. 

"What should we do now?" she murmured, a storm of emotions stirring.


"What should we do now?!" Minwoo yelled in frustration. 

"I don't know," Kwangmin muttered. He held his face in his hand. "I'm so tired."

"Tired of a certain someone?" Jeongmin tried to tease lightly.

"No," Kwangmin groaned. "I was up all night trying to find Youngmin and then after I made sure he was asleep, I came back here and tried to get her," he muttered, jabbing a thumb at the President and Vice President's Office behind him. He buried his face in his hands. 

"I don't know what to do," Donghyun muttered upset. 

"I think we should just give it some time," Hyunseong suggested, somewhat desperate for a solution.

"I say we give up," Youngmin contributed for the first time. 

"What?" Minwoo asked.

"We should give up. What can that b**ch know? Why do we hang out with her anyway?" Youngmin growled, watching the rain fall from his place by the window.

"Yah!" Kwangmin yelled, grabbing Youngmin by the collar. Minwoo got up immediately to stop the fight, Jeongmin close behind. With a cold look, Youngmin stared at his twin blankly. 

"I thought we weren't going to let anyone get between us, but look at us now," Youngmin spat. "We're all torn up and we don't know what to do. Since when did we rely on some girl like that? Someone that just pushes us away and doesn't even bother with our help?" Kwangmin bit his own lip in anger, blood staining his white teeth. He shoved Youngmin away. 

"How can you forget everything that she's done for us?" Kwangmin shouted at his brother. Youngmin said nothing but walked to the door. He paused.

"What has she done for us?" he asked. With that, he shut the door behind himself.

"Tch!" Kwangmin grunted. He ran after him. "What the h311? I'm not done talking to you yet!" He stopped, mouth agape. He turned back into the room.

"You guys! Youngmi-" That was all he could get out before his whole world turned black. 


"What in the world?" Minwoo muttered as his vision cleared. He made a move to stand up in a more comfortable position, but found he could not.

"Minwoo? You up?" 

"Hyunseong-Hyung?" he could faintly recognize. "Where are we?" 

"Kidnapped," Jeongmin answered, his voice bitter. "Whoever these guys are, they've got connections. Nothing I do works against this chain."

"Nothing?" Minwoo wondered in surprise. "Bu-But!?" 

"Yeah. Kwangmin and Youngmin were hit pretty hard too. They're still not up. Those guys most be pretty strong. We didn't even see it coming," Hyunseong answered, his face sour. "I've tried almost everything I could think of to escape, but it's not working." 

"The only other thing that we can think of is burning it off, but fire is the hardest one to control," Donghyun said with regret. Minwoo bit his lip in turmoil.

"Hyung?" he called out softly, his eyes softening. "I think I'll try."

"What?" the three others yelled in surprise.

"Minwoo! You're not-We're not at that level yet!" Jeongmin tried to reason.

"If you try now and fail, you...you'll," Donghyun choked out. 

"But I have to try," Minwoo said with determination.

"You don't!" Hyunseong yelled. "I'll do it instead."

"No! I'll do it," Minwoo protested.

"I suggest that none of you do it," a boy said with a sly grin, coming in. He was lean and handsome with twinkling eyes.

"We captured you guys to surprise Ms. President today. We can't have you guys geting hurt," he said with a bright smile, which seemed sinister to Boyfriend.

"Joon-Hyung!~" a much more childish voice cried out. 

"Huh? What is it Mir?" Joon asked the boy with curly hair who walked in. 

"Joon-Hyung! Seungho-Hyung is convinced that we're all going to die!" Mir called out dramatically, waving his hands wildly. "Oh, are they the captives?"

"Yup," Joon answered with a smile, messing up Mir's hair.

"Joon-Hyung!~" Mir complained. "You're messing up my hair!" 

"Forget about that," Joon waved off. "What was Seungho-Hyung saying?"

"He says that the President is gonna kill us!" Mir shouted again, waving his arms.

"That won't happen," Youngmin chuckled bitterly.

"When'd you get up?" Hyunseong asked in bewilderment.

"Just a while ago," Kwangmin answered for him.

"You got up too?!" Jeongmin shouted in surprise. He muttered something about twins.

"What makes you think she won't come?" Joon asked with confusion.

"Had a fight with her. To put things shortly, she won't be coming anytime soon," Youngmin explained, spitting at the ground, blood mixed with his saliva. "That punch of yours sure stings."

"Sorry about that. We knew you all wouldn't come without a fight," Joon apologized quickly. 

"Well, we wanted to greet her with a large bang though right?" Mir asked innocently. "So I placed something under her desk earlier."

"Wait...Do you mean...?" Donghyun realized.

"You put it under her desk? Already? Isn't that too rash?" Joon asked Mir calmly.

"Aw, but Joon-hyung!" Mir complained.

"Well, I guess we'll see soon," another boy stated, walking in. "From what I know about her, she should be coming soon." 

"Seungho-Hyung! Will we really die?" Mir asked the boy. 

"Probably," he said awkwardly. "Well, that's what Cheondung said. He knows her the most after all."

"Really? Thunder-Hyung said that?" Mir questioned. "Then, we really are dead."

"It's your faults," another male said, walking into the room, looking frustrated. "You planned all this while I was taking a nap." 

"Well, it's not that big of a deal, right?" Joon tried to console. Seungho and Cheondung gave the two a look. 

"Seriously?" they both asked at once emotionlessly.

"Ah!" Jeongmin hissed. 

"Jeongmin-Hyung!" Minwoo noticed. "You were trying...?"

"Of course!" Jeongmin said with a pained smile. 

"You shouldn't do that," Mir said with a soft look. "You'll get hurt."

"You know, you should save your flirting for the girls," Youngmin insulted. "You are a guy right?"

"Wha-?!" Mir said, turning red in fury and embarrassment. He grabbed Youngmin by the collar.

"Take it back!" Mir demanded. 

"Youngmin!" Kwangmin called out in worry. Suddenly, there was a crash while dust and debris flew everywhere.

"Yo," Seungyeon greeted, raising a two- salute good-naturedly, bat in one hand. "The Heads are here at your service."

Now Closing File...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Please Proceed to Next File...