File 7: Use Your Head

Duty vs. Love - Discontinued

Who might you be?

Ah, it's you.

Would you like to resume the file?

You would?

Welcome.

Loading file...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Loading Completed...

Please Proceed...

Seungho stopped coughing first. 

"What in the world?" he got out before he was hit in the face with a baseball. Seungyeon was glaring at the three. 

"You all caught me at the wrong time. Erang, Jungwon, untie the stupid group who got caught," Seungyeon ordered automatically. "Miho, want to give me a hand?"

"Of course," Miho said with a cold smile, a large tanbo staff in hand.

She leaned her weight on her back foot, balancing the tanbo in one hand and pointing a finger in Mir and Seungho's direction. 

"I'll take them," she offered. Seungyeon smirked, waving her bat.

"Then I'll take the other two," she said quickly, lunging immediately.

Seungyeon was quick to act, immediately swinging her bat and having baseballs appear, hurling at Cheondung and Lee Joon. However, Cheondung and Joon were quick too. A large shield appeared out of nowhere and into Joon's hand.

Cheondung immediately ducked behind Joon, the two working flawlessly together. After a few seconds of assault, Cheondung leaped up from behind Joon, aiming for Seungyeon. However, she noticed and quickly, hit a few baseballs at him. He defended his face, crossing his arms in front of it. Seungyeon leapt away just as Cheondung hit the ground where she had been just before, cracks invading the ground. Cheondung sighed

"Controlling our power is so hard," he muttered as he dodged out of the way of Seungyeon's continuous attacks. Joon charged at Seungyeon, attempting to run her over with his shield. She dodged out of the way as Joon continued on, smashing the wall, but fine otherwise. 

"You know, you're pissing me off," he said with a malicious smile. "We were waiting for Ms. President you know. Pests can leave."

"Pests?" Seungyeon laughed. "This 'pest' will crush the 'ant' then." He chuckled.

"I'll show you the difference between us," he said, closing his eyes, his shield touching the ground, leaving most of his body unguarded.

"You shouldn't let your guard down!" Seungyeon shouted, hitting a baseball at his unprotected head. Joon opened his eyes just as the lion from his shield leapt up, catching the baseball in its mouth and tearing it to shreds. 

"You can do that?" Seungyeon muttered in confusion, hitting more baseballs at the feline to keep it busy. Cheondung attempted an attack from Seungyeon from behind, but Seungyeon dodged, letting the lion jump at the same time and barely missing the collision with Cheondung. She leapt over Miho, careful to avoid the crossfire before landing on the wall, jumping off against it and leaving destruction in her wake. She cursed as the two males dodged, ducking under her swinging weapon. 


"Whoa! Calm down, please!" Seungho tried to ask of Miho. However, Miho was, in a single word, pissed. (What did those two f***ing jerks think they were doing?)

"Yeah right!" she shouted, swinging her tanbo around. With quick and flexible steps, she batted the two males around. 

"I don't want to do this anymore," Mir whined, a large weapon appearing in his hand, the skulls at the ends enlarging in size until they were around the size of his own head. 

"Whoa! I thought medieval weapons weren't made anymore," Miho exclaimed, not letting her attacks up at all. Mir started swinging the mace around, whining.

"I don't like this! I don't like this! I don't like this!" he repeated angrily, swinging the weapon around angrily. 

"Whoa! Mir!" Seungho attempted to calm down in the midst of the attacks. 

"Ugh!" Miho grunted, ducking under the wild weapon. She aimed a hard strike at Mir's open abdomen, but was stopped by a strong hand on her tanbo. Suddenly, there was silence. A card was in between Cheondung and Seungyeon while Joon had the same card pinning him to the wall by his sleeve.

Mir's hand was held with great strength and Seungho looked relieved. Miho looked up.

"Oh, it's you. I thought you wanted us to take care of this," she said, straightening up and brushing off her uniform. Mir stopped, the weapon falling on the ground. 

"Ms. President!" he yelled, hugging her around the waist with a large smile. 

"I was thinking about it," Sooyeon said with a straight face while Mir was busy ranting about something meaningless. She shoved Mir away with one hand, his words muffled by her hand comedically, just as Joon lunged for her with a large cry of happiness. He received the same treatment. "But I assumed it would be best that I joined. Especially since I found out it was these four." She gave them a pointed look. 

"I told you all to visit normally," she recalled angrily.

"But that's boring!" Mir whined. She sighed, patting his head.

"I'm going back to my office. Release Boyfriend and if you want to visit, visit normally," she said before turning away. 

"Aw!" Joon pouted, yelling after her. "You're boring Ms. Pres!" Without a word, she gave a backwards wave but said nothing else. Seungho tossed a ring of keys at Erang who fumbled with them, blushing. 

"Sorry about the trouble," Cheondung apologized shyly.

"Why are you apologizing?" Seungho asked him. He motioned to Mir and Joon. "You two should apologize!"

"Sorry," Joon and Mir said at once to the now-liberated Boyfriend and the four girls. 

"Whatever," Youngmin grumbled, still upset. He walked off, Kwangmin and Minwoo following him in worry.

"Wait, when you came in, you guys said that you got in as Heads, right?" Donghyun asked in confirmation. Seungyeon was balancing the bat on one shoulder and she let it go as it disappeared.

"D*** straight! Why do you think we were here?" she sarcastically asked with a smirk. "Anyways, good ol' Ms. Pres wasn't too sure about letting us join, but when she heard that these six boys were taken, she agreed reluctantly."

"Of course she laid down some rules that we had to agree to, but it seemed right," Erang added with a reluctant smile. "Anyways, it's about time we leave now. She still has to give us lessons. Please excuse us." Erang left through the opening in the wall. Miho gave a quick salute and left, followed by Jungwon who left with a cheerful wave. Seungyeon stuck her tongue out without thinking. 

"Later losers," she said casually, not as insulting as simply stating. The boys looked at each other with helpless looks and began to laugh. 


"You're here?" Sooyeon stated casually, throwing a glance at them and putting down her book. 

"So?" the person asked.

"Ah nothing. I just assumed that you would not arrive this early. I was not able to finish my book," she stated softly, almost glumly. The person laughed, coming around the table and slapping her back with a friendly smile. 

"You shouldn't worry about that," the person said in between chuckles. The person was suddenly serious. "I'd be more worried about the other matter."

"I realize that," Sooyeon said with a soft voice. "I know that." The person hooked two fingers under her chin, searching each other's eyes.

"We're here!" Jungwon announced, slamming the door open just as the two looked at the door with similar, calm expressions.

"Sorry for interrupting!" Miho shouted automatically, turning red. 

"Who would've thought that the good ol' Ms. President would have a lover?" Seungyeon asked with a smirk and dry humor. The two looked at each other before the person laughed, Sooyeon smacking the person's hand away, turning pink.

"Whoa! That was a good laugh! I haven't laughed like that in a while!" the person laughed happily, wiping tears away casually. 

"We'll leave now," Erang said, pink, bowing politely. 

"Wait," Sooyeon said, suddenly standing up with her hand on Erang's shoulder with an irritated experssion. The person still sitting on Sooyeon's desk in laughter smiled, stopped laughing, and continued again.


"You're a girl?!" Erang and Jungwon shouted in amazement. 

"Yup! Through and through! Would you like a look?" she teased with her tongue stuck out as she stripped her jacket.

"No thank you!" Erang yelled immediately, backing away. The girl began to laugh again.

"Quit teasing," Sooyeon ordered with irriation. She turned back to the four girls. "It's about time I start briefing you guys. I don't plan on overwhelming all of you so let's start from the beginning.

"The ones who captured all of you that day, they are known as Infinite. Rather than list all of their incidents, it's easier to just say that they've broken almost all of the books in the book. You are already aware of Boyfriend. They have not committed serious offenses, but that is only for now we assume. The ones who you met today are known as MBLAQ. They are...mostly graduated. Only one has not graduated, but he will leave in two years. The final one I would like for all of you to remember is f(x)."

"What...? Isn't f(x) a math thing?" Seungyeon asked in boredom. 

"Yup," the girl said with a wink. "I'm Amber Liu. I'm one of the members. Nice to meet you!"

"You sure you aren't a lesbian?" Seungyeon asked bluntly. "I may be a tomboy, but I don't look like a guy at least." Amber laughed loudly, jabbing a thumb in Seungyeon's direction.

"She's hilarious," she laughed.

"Or you're just that easily pleased," Sooyeon suggested with a straight face. 

"Yah!" Amber yelled in offense. 

"The purpose of your visit is not to meet them," Sooyeon said, coughing into her fist. "Girls, this is one of your instructors. The rest of f(x) should be here soon."

"Function girls in the house!" a girl shouted with enthusiasm, slamming the door open. Sooyeon sighed.

"Is knocking so hard?" she questioned herself. The girl rolled her eyes, sitting beside Amber. 

"Come on. Introduce us Ms. Pres!" another girl urged. Sooyeon sighed, gesturing to each person.

"As you know, this is Amber Liu," Sooyeon repeated.

"This-" She pointed to the one who had slammed the door open. "-is Quixan Song."

"Call me Victoria," Quixan Victoria said with a bright smile. Sooyeon gestured to the girl who had wanted the introduction.

"This is Sunyoung Park."

"Luna," Sunyoung Luna corrected. Sooyeon motioned to the final two.

"This is Jinri Choi and Soojung Jung."

"I'm actually called Sulli," Jinri Sulli said with a happy grin.

"Oh and I'm Krystal," Soojung Krystal pointed out.

"You all have too many complaints with your names," Sooyeon muttered, obviously irritated. "Anyways, the point of their presence is to be summed up in a single word: instruction." 

"Instruction?" Miho asked with a raised eyebrow.

"You mean...?" Erang understood.

"They are now...?" Jungwon recognized.

"Our instructors?" Seungyeon pieced together. The four girls looked at each other. 

"No need," Seungyeon voiced aloud. "We creamed MBLAQ. I don't really think that there is any need to-" She was cut off, Sooyeon suddenly only a few inches from her face, a card--the same white card as before--pressed against Seungyeon's neck. A single drop of blood rolled onto the card and point made, Sooyeon turned away.

"They had no ill intentions. If they had, all four of you would not be here with me. The five behind me are here to ensure that soon you all shall be able to battle with any group at an equal, if not higher, level," she said softly. She pushed her glasses further up on her nose, holding up the card, stained red in one corner. 

"When the basics are mastered, we shall assume that you are ready to take on our newest mission. Are you prepared?" Sooyeon asked them. 

"Prepared. Tch. What the h311 you asking for?" Miho snorted.

"Let's go!" Jungwon cheered.

"Of course," Erang agreed with a smile.

"Don't doubt me!" Seungyeon hissed. A soft smile pressed against the corner of Sooyeon's lips and for a second, everyone was amazed.

"Good."


Crunch! Crinkle! Bam!

"I am sick and tired of listening to you lecture all day!" Seungyeon screamed, crushing the paper under her hand while slamming her hand on the desk loudly.

"Repeat to me everything I have taught you within the past hour and you are all free to go," Sooyeon said, one arm over her chest while the other pushed her glasses further on its perch.

"Well...something about energy and imagination and stuff. Now I'm leaving," Seungyeon said, picking up her bag. There was a few chewable candies in front of her suddenly, shaped like fruits.

"Eat this and calm down," Sulli soothed. 

"Look, I know this is not the most entertaining," Sooyeon sighed. "But the fundamentals will help build up to the finer details." She looked around the room.

"Half an hour lunch break," she excused them with a quick glance, tinted with a fleeting emotion--shame? or was it disappointment?--as she walked out of the room, obviously intent on a specific destination. Exactly 30 minutes later, she walked back in, not a second early nor late, as she strided in with renewed energy. 

"We will now continue," Sooyeon ordered. "Erang would you please summarize what we learned in the previous lesson?" 

"In our bodies is a natural flow of energy known as aurora, shortened to aura. Though few, some can utilize this energy and manifest it in a physical form known as the constellations, which can be known as the stellars. However, everyone has their own unique stellars which must be discovered on one's own personal quest," Erang recited. "Stellars are made through imagination and practice. There are many categories within stellars and each stellar, though strong in its own right, must contain some rule and some weakness."

"Correct," Sooyeon praised quickly. "Rather than drill more information into your brains, I decided a demonstration would be much easier. If you would please." Amber stood up willingly, striding coolly to the front. 

"What should I start with?" she asked Sooyeon. 

"A bunny," Sooyeon answered without a pause.

"Alright," Amber agreed, clapping her hands together in excitement. She rubbed the two together, glancing at the staring four Heads.

"Watch closely," Amber warned. She stopped rubbing her hands, a small blue gummy bunny in between her fingers and a simliar red one in her other hand.

She handed the red one to Sooyeon and popped the blue one in between her teeth. Like a magician would, she showed her bare hands, rolling up her sleeves before she chewed the blue candy in between her teeth, swallowing. Suddenly, Amber was slouched as if she had a stomach ache, she rolled up into a tighter ball and alarmed, the Heads stood up. However, Amber was not just 'in pain,' but she was also shrinking. The Heads watched in horror before Amber was only a small blob within her clothes. The small sillhouette crawled around before popping her head out of the shirt, revealing a small bunny's head.

"Aw!" Jungwon squealed automatically. Sooyeon picked up the rabbit carefully.

"This is Amber," she said shortly.

"Psh! Yeah right! Show us what trick you used!" Jungwon shouted in disbelief. 

"How is that possible?" Erang questioned, her brows scrunched up in confusion. "We can only create physical stellars, right?"

"That is why I asked them to come," Sooyeon said shortly. "The members of f(x) are one group which exemplify the less...painful of stellars."

"You have succeeded in making my brain hurt," Seungyeon said in deadpan, one hand buried in her strands of hair.

"In babyterms," Miho demanded.

"Not all stellars are made for violence," she rephrased.

"Oh!~" Jungwon, Miho, and Seungyeon said in unison. Sooyeon put the bunny down, holding out the red treat. The bunny bit it, running back into the clothes as she grew and returned to Amber, her clothes slightly ruffled.

"Like my magic trick?" Amber asked with a smirk. 

"It's so cool!" Jungwon declared with shining eyes.

"Nice," Seungyeon agreed.

"But if you really want to see an amazing magic trick, you should see Ms. President's," Amber suggested with a wink.

"No," Sooyeon declined without missing a beat. 

"Victoria," Amber questioned.

"Quian if you do it, I'll make you miserable," Sooyeon threatened. 

"Well," Victoria thought.

"Quian," Sooyeon warned. 

"Alright alright I won't," Victoria said, waving her hands up in surrender. 

"Aw! That's no fun Vic," Sulli pouted, hanging off of Victoria's back. Sooyeon sighed, picking up papers. 

"We'll excuse today's lesson there," she excused.

"Where are you going?" Erang asked. 

"Music room," Sooyeon excused herself. 

"Music?...Music!" the Heads realized.

Now Closing File...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Please Proceed to Next File...