File 2: The Start

Duty vs. Love - Discontinued

You are...?

Oh, you have returned.

Would you like to resume the file?

Please be careful.

Loading file...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Loading Completed...

Please Proceed...

There were two large, matching, chestnut colored desks that matched well with the cream-colored room. There was a large couch in the corner with a plant beside it and bookshelves lined the rest of the wall, though they were mostly empty. There were two large windows behind the desks that had white curtains pulled off to the side. Each desk looked fully stocked and ready-to-use with multiple drawers and numerous supplies organized on the top of the desk with a powerful lamp. There was a trash can beside the door and a glass table in front of the couch. In the opposite corner, there was a small refrigerator and a microwave on top of it. In between the refrigerator and glass table was a row of low cabinets that matched the bookshelves and its rich chestnut color.

"Tch, what's this room? It's just a stupid office for two," Seungyeon snorted, kicking the trash can. Sooyeon's expression didn't change, but she blinked. She handed a piece of paper to Miho who read it aloud.

"This is the President and Vice President's Office if you couldn't read the sign. From now on, the President and Vice President will be working in here. However, the Vice President's main priority is to watch over the other departments. This office will mostly be used by the President. If you need anything, come into this office. The Vice President is Miho." Miho blinked once. Twice.

"What? Me?" Miho shrieked in surprise. Sooyeon simply looked at her. 

"Who's the President?" Erang asked, looking around. No one answered.

"So? What is this for?" Seungyeon asked, cracking her neck. Sooyeon stepped out of the room and walked towards the one next to it. The four girls followed, somewhat dubious. Sooyeon glanced back at them before opening the door, the sign reading General Welfare Office.

Inside, unlike the main Student Council Room and President and Vice President's Office, people were buzzing, coating the room in layers upon layers of noise. The white room was somewhat like the main Student Council Room. There was a large row of mahogany desks that many people sat at, talking amongst themselves, but they were not talking all together. There was a small refrigerator in the corner and a desk in the other, as well-stocked as the ones in the President and Vice President's Room. There were no windows in this room, however, and the bookshelves lining the room were actually mostly filled.

Sooyeon clapped twice and all conversation ceased. One handsome boy bounded up to them. 

"Oh you're here!" he said in a rush. 

Jungwon began running around the room, laughing.

"This room is so large!~" she shouted, still sugar-high. Seungyeon grunted in acknowledgment while Miho turned slightly pink and looked away. Erang turned a dark pink and froze in her spot. Sooyeon blinked, blushing but unaffected, before pointing a finger at Erang. Erang blinked.

"Me?" Erang asked, pointing to herself. "What am I doing?" 

"I'm Howon Lee, Class 2-B! Call me Hoya!" the boy introduced himself, shaking Erang's hand enthusiastically with a large smile on his face. 

"What a weird name," Seungyeon blankly insulted. No one paid any mind to her complaints.

"E-Erang Park, Class 1-A," Erang said shyly, her free hand over the bottom of her face. 

"Let me take you around! After all, you are the new Head of General Welfare, right?" Hoya asked. "I'm the...uh...what was it again?" 

"Vice Head?" Erang offered. 

"That's right!" Hoya said, snapping. "I'm the Vice Head of General Welfare! Nice to meet you!" He looked over at Sooyeon and Erang's smile slightly dropped.

"So, can I take her around, Sooyeon-Teacher?" he asked. Sooyeon blinked and lightly smacked the top of his head with her book.

"Right, Sooyeon-Noona," Hoya corrected himself, still smiling. "Sorry. I forgot again!"

Erang glanced slightly enviously at Sooyeon and for Hoya's seemingly close attitude with her. Erang blinked before realizing that she was being jealous. She discreetly pinched herself. (What am I doing? I don't even know the guy that well and everyone has a right to like whoever they want.)

Sooyeon looked between the two before shaking her head with an apologetic look. She gestured for Miho and Seungyeon to exit, which they did. Erang followed, but not before catching Hoya's wink at her. She turned a darker color before scurrying out of the room. Sooyeon watched Jenny who was still running around the room coninuously.

"Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow!" Jungwon screamed as Sooyeon caught her by her hair and dragged her out of the room. Sooyeon bowed to the people in the room before shutting the door with a soft click! and the people began chattering again.

"What was that for?" Jungwon screeched when Sooyeon let go of her hair. Sooyeon looked back at her with a pointed look, and she cringed, waving her hands in defeat. 

"Sorry," Jungwon apologized quickly under Sooyeon's steady gaze. They walked across the room before arriving at a door that had the words Logistics Office written on it. Sooyeon stood, looking at them with pointed looks. Seungyeon snorted in disbelief while Jenny stepped away from the calm girl. Miho looked at Sooyeon with boredom while Erang, the peacemaker, opened the door. Party confetti greeted her. Erang gaped, unsure of how to react. Hands clasped over hers. 

"Are you the new Head of Logistics?" a grinning boy asked. He practically had flowers floating by his smiling face. Seungyeon groaned lightly. (What was with all the cute but wimpy guys?) Jungwon was looking around the room with great curiousity, cautious about a certain--mean--girl and Miho was looking around in amazement. Erang was slowly turning a dark shade of red while Sooyeon was pink, but as always, silent.

The room was nearly the same as the one before, without windows, but the members in this room decided to greet the new Head with a party or at least some confetti anyway. Sooyeon put her hands on top of theirs and the boy let go of Erang's hands, choosing instead to hold onto Sooyeon's.

"Sooyeon-Teacher! What are you doing here? Is this our new head?" he asked energetically. Sooyeon pointed at him and then at herself.

"Right, Sooyeon-Noona," he corrected himself. "Now who is our new head?" Sooyeon let out a half-smile, making people in the room silent, before shaking her head. She pointed backwards and he peered over her shoulder. 

"Oh! So she's the Head of General Welfare! Who's our head then?" the boy asked with sparkling eyes. Sooyeon gestured towards Jungwon who looked around wildly. 

"Who? What? Why?" she said quickly. 

"Oh, you're the new Head of Logistics?" the boy asked with a blinding smile, shaking her hand wildly. "I'm Taemin Lee from Class 1-B! Please treat me well!" Jungwon enthusiastically returned the handshake. 

"I'm Jungwon Kwon from Class 1-C!" she said, smiling just as brightly. Seungyeon pointed at , gagging at the bright atmosphere. Sooyeon rolled her eyes at the act before she stepped out of the room and Miho, Erang, Seungyeon, and Jungwon followed. Sooyeon tossed something small to Taemin before closing the door and leading the four girls to the final room, labelled Disciplinary Committee's Office. This time, Sooyeon walked in without hesitance or making sure that the others were following her. 

Grunts and sounds of pain were heard before a low laughter was heard.

"You got us again," the male's voice said with a chuckle. Miho had open and Erang looked absolutely speechless. Jungwon was jumping up and down while Seungyeon just raised an eyebrow in mild interest at the sight in the room. The room was similar to all the others before, but the colors were a bit darker and the lights were more dim in the room despite the tinted window off to the side. The biggest difference was that the desks were all moved over, some knocked over and others pushed, and there was a pile of people, all tied up at the center of the room, Sooyeon standing beside them impassively.

"What is it this time?" the handsome boy asked from his place on the pile of tied-up people.

"Teamwork," Sooyeon said shortly, walking over to Seungyeon and bringing her to the pile. 

"What the h311?! Don't touch me," she snapped, pulling her hand away. "Why are you bringing me here anyways?" 

"You must be the new head!" the boy exclaimed, somehow getting loose of the rope that held him. "I'm the Vice Head of the Disciplinary Committee, Woohyun Nam, Class 2-C. Nice to meet you!" He held his hand out. Seungyeon glanced at it, but turned to Sooyeon instead. Woohyun awkwardly pulled his hand back.

"You're putting me in charge of them?" she screeched. "Give me ten good reasons that I should work with pretty boy here!" Sooyeon looked at her and blinked.

"Time off your detentions," Sooyeon said quietly as a few more people were able to somehow untangle the knots that they had been tied up in.

"I'm in," Seungyeon deadpanned. Sooyeon gave her a knowing look, which she ignored. 

"So, why are we doing this again?" Miho voiced. They were soon to find out because just then, a window broke.

Now Closing File...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Please Proceed to the Next File...