File 8: The First Mission Briefing

Duty vs. Love - Discontinued

Do I know you?

Yes, I remember you now.

Would you like to resume the file?

Keep your head low please.

Loading file...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Loading Completed...

Please Proceed...

"Will you please move out of the way?" Sooyeon requested politely of Seungyeon.

"How come you're in the music department? I would have thought math, history, h311 even language though it has the fewest students because of its difficulty, but music?!" Seungyeon demanded, her head rattled with confusion. Sooyeon then spoke in another language and promptly confused her.

"Watashi wa gengo no bumon ni imasu. Ima anata wa watashi o oyurushi kudasai nodarou ka? (私は言語部門にいますあなたは私をお許しくださいのだろうか?)" she requested.

"What?" Jungwon asked. "My head hurts."

"I said, 'I am in the language department. Now will you please excuse me?' " Sooyeon repeated. "I will be late to my music class." She brushed past them, pushing her glasses up on her face.

"Was that Mandarin?" Erang wondered.

"Japanese," they heard a voice call out to them.

"Oh Hyunseong. It's Boyfriend. Where you guys been?" Miho recognized. "Haven't seen you guys for a while."

"Ms. Pres got pretty upset with us so we've been skipping to avoid her. Anyways, that was Japanese she spoke there," Donghyun explained.

"You two would know because...?" Jenny asked.

"We're both in Japanese," Hyunseong answered. 

"She's pretty fluent. She came in during a class once and confused the teacher. That is a day I will never forget," Donghyun said with a smirk.

"Oh? Ms. Pres has a delinquent side?" Seungyeon asked with a smirk. The members of Boyfriend looked at each other and laughed.

"As if," Youngmin denied. 

"If there was a crime she had," Kwangmin began.

"It would be for being too kind," Youngmin continued.

"Or even for breaking hearts," Minwoo added. "But for delinquency?"

"It will never happen," Youngmin and Kwangmin said at once, waving their hands as if to dissipate the thought.

"Tch. What a weirdo," Seungyeon bluntly insulted. Boyfriend smiled in unison.

"She'd say thank you," they said at once.

"My point exactly," Seungyeon groaned before leaving. "I'm leaving. Later losers."

Unfazed, the rest of the Heads and Boyfriend split up, somehow, oddly enough, somewhat used to the blunt girl and her quick, witty insults.


"Oh hi! Key right?" Jungwon recognized. 

"Jungwon! How have you been?" Key asked with a bright smile. 

"I've been fine I guess. You?" Jenny threw back casually, walking down the halls with him.

"It's been great. Oh, there's Jonghyun. Yeobo!" Key yelled, waving his hand around crazily. Lazily, Jonghyun lifted his head from his place leaning agains the lockers, throwing out a quick glance.

"Yeobo!" Jonghyun called out, plastering on a smile and waving calmly.

"I missed you so much!" Key said, hugging Jonghyun.

"Me too," Jonghyun played along. "Wh-" He cut himself off abruptly from his sentence, seeing Jungwon.

"Who are you?" he asked in confusion.

"You can't forget her! This is Jungwon, remember? You helped her to the infirmary last time," Key reminded.

"When was that?" Jonghyun asked, wracking his brain.

"Weeks ago," Key answered.  

"As if I'd remember some girl from weeks ago," he said with a quick chuckle. "Anyways, later Yeobo. I promised Minho that we'd play a game." 

"I'll come too," Key decided. He turned to Jungwon. "Wanna come too?"

"Uh-" 

"Great!" Key exclaimed, dragging her off quickly. 

"Actually I-"

"We're here!" Key shouted, stopping abruptly and making her crash into Jonghyun. The two fell into a heap of limbs.

"Sorry," she apologized immediately, her face red as she got up.

"Whatever," Jonghyun waved off, his own face tinged pink. 

"Oh, it's you. What are you doing here?" Seungyeon asked, her hair up in a short ponytail as she was dribbling a basketball, her jacket discarded.

"Me? Well, I didn't have much of a choice. Key dragged me," Jungwon answered.

"It's fine. Now we can compete. Girls vs. guys. Loser buys food," she proposed.

"Alright!" Key and Jonghyun cheered, shedding their jackets. 

"I'm game," Minho agreed.

"Sure! It's for food!" Jungwon happily accepted.

"Alright, now I'm motivated. First to 20 baskets wins," Seungyeon said with a large smirk. "You ready Jungwon?" Jungwon pushed up her sleeves, her hair now up in a ponytail.

"Let's go."


"Yay!~" Jungwon cheered, holding up a victory sign at the panting boys, Seungyeon crossing her arms, barely winded in the background. "Now you three have to treat us! I'm thinking...Udon! For today anyway." 

"I can go with that," Seungyeon agreed. Key sighed, rubbing a hand through his hair. 

"Alright. We did agree," he admitted, standing. "Come on Yeobo! I'll feed you!" 

"Dude, cut the PDA," Seungyeon said with a disgusted face.

"Too bad," Jonghyun and Key said at once, sticking their tongues out in unison. "Don't be jealous of our love." The three began to argue.

"PDA?" Minho repeated, raising an eyebrow.

"Public Displays of Affection," Jungwon supplied. He nodded, making a face.

"Anyways, I want food," Seungyeon broke, unhurt though Key and Jonghyun hadn't escaped unscathed. She turned to Minho.

"You treating us?" she questioned.

"Thought we were splitting the bill," Minho answered. Key sighed.

"Let's go and buy our kids Udon Yeobo," he said to Jonghyun. 

"Let's," Jonghyun agreed, the two hugging like a couple. Seungyeon angrily grinded her teeth as Jungwon could only watch with mixed disgust. Seungyeon took off her shoe, throwing it at Key's head.

"I said cut the PDA!" she angrily shouted.


"Thank you," Jungwon said happily as she received her bowl.

"It's good," Seungyeon agreed.

"My wallet isn't," Key grumbled. 

"Don't say that Yeobo!" Jonghyun teased, poking Key's cheek. "We made a lot of memories here today. Together, the two of us." 

"Oh Yeobo," Key squealed.

"No PDA!" Seungyeon complained, smacking Jonghyun over the head without looking up from her bowl, who bumped into Jungwon. Lip to lip. She quickly pulled away, pink with one hand over her face while Jonghyun quickly turned around. Jungwon smacked Seungyeon on the back of the head. Her face met the bowl. She turned with a glare at Jungwon.

"What?" she demanded, anger pouring from her in waves.

"You-! Do you know what you just did?!" Jungwon said, undisturbed by the evil aura. She grabbed Seungyeon by the collar, shaking her. "Give me back my first kiss jerk!" 

"How was that even a kiss?" Seungyeon asked, brushing off Jungwon's hands. "A kiss is when *** *** *** ****** *** **-"

"I'm not listening!" Jungwon quickly shouted, putting her hands over her ears. Seungyeon slurped down the rest of the soup before standing.

"Ate well. Later losers," she said, leaving with a backwards wave.

"Wait! Get back here!" Jungwon demanded, standing from her seat in anger.

사랑은 MOVE (MOVE)

사랑 은 MOVE (MOVE)

방삼하다가 도망가

[Song - "Love Is Move" by Secret: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVXovS18dc4

Jungwon pulled her pink, bunny iphone out of her school uniform's pocket. 

"Hello?" she answered, curiousity lining her tone despite the anger from before. Shock and fury soon entered. "How'd you get my number?!...Isn't that abuse of authority?!...Don't insult me!...She just left. Wait how'd you know I was with her?! Stalker!...I don't want to!...Fine. Bye." She hung up, irritation on her pouting face. 

"Thanks for the meal guys. I better get going now! Bye!" she waved, running off. She missed the three boys' looks and ran out of the shop, looking down both sides of the street, her eyes searching. Her gaze met the back of a familiar person and she quickly ran after her, waving a hand and shouting her name. She blinked when Seungyeon ignored her and walked down an abandoned alleyway instead, guessing that the girl had simply not heard. She followed, a mischevious smile flitting across her face as she decided to surprise Seungyeon. 

"Hey. Yeah, it's been a while...No, I have not...Well, even if it's a 'yet'...Don't worry. I'll find her...Yeah, love you too...Bye," she said on the phone. Seungyeon sighed, relief leaking from her expression.

"You looking for someone?" Jungwon asked, popping into the space. Seungyeon effectively jumped up several feet in the air before grabbing Jenny's collar, a fist pulled back. She pulled her hand back.

"Oh, it's just you," Seungyeon remarked, dropping Jungwon's collar. 

"So you're looking for someone?" Jungwon asked again. Seungyeon scrunchitized Jungwon, looking her up and down. Jungwon simply looked curious, unfazed by the cold gaze of the girl.

"My sister," Seungyeon finally muttered. "I'm finding my sister."

"Really? Should I help?" Jungwon asked with a carefree smile. "What's her name?" 

"Don't bother. I'll find her myself. What are you doing looking for me?" Seunyeon retorted, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Oh right," Jungwon remembered. "The President asked for us to come in."

"Could have said that sooner," Seungyeon muttered, walking. She turned back at the bubbly girl. "You coming?" Jungwon smiled before chasing after her.


"Finally," Miho sighed as the duo walked into the office. 

"Well sorry! Seungyeon was making a phone call," Jungwon argued.

"You couldn't wait?" Miho countered. 

"I don't know, ask her!" Jungwon shouted. Miho looked at the cool girl.

"Well?" she questioned.

"Couldn't wait," Seungyeon mumbled, her voice unusually soft.

"It doesn't matter. I have a mission for you all," Sooyeon broke in, closing her book. 

"A mission?" Erang repeated, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes. This mission entails various risks and roles, so I expect that you are able to do so with great seriousness and focused mindsets," she stated, peering at them over her glasses. 

"Baby terms Ms. Pres," Seungyeon demanded.

"The job is going to be dangerous and have different parts so we have to take it seriously and be focused," Erang answered.

"Correct," Sooyeon agreed.

"Oh. Well you could have said that," Seungyeon complained. Sooyeon cleared .

"Anyways, I'll be joining you for this mission, since it involves more than pointless violence," she said, throwing a pointed look at Seungyeon and Jungwon who pointedly looked away. She tossed each of them a tiny earpiece, which they reluctantly tucked into their ear. She pulled out a laptop and plugged a headset into it, placing the headset neatly on her head like a headband. 

"Testing. Testing 1. 2. 3," she spoke. Erang nearly jumped in surprise. The President typed a few things in before turning the screen to them, multiple windows opened with numbers and letters mixed in a way that could not be decoded easily. A map popped up, blinking, various colored stars appearing in a room of the structure.

"With those earpieces, I will be able to track every one of your actions and give you directions if need be. If you speak, I shall be able to hear you just as clearly, so answer promptly when I ask questions," she said, typing something else in without looking. Four more windows popped up, the image of the President herself appearing in four different angles. 

"I am also able to see what you can see, though part of it may be cut off by your hair. Therefore, on all missions, your hair should be up unless ordered otherwise," she added, turning the laptop back to herself. Her eyes left the screen as she closed the laptop, locking eyes with them instead. 

"Our mission," she almost whispered, her voice carressing the two words carefully. "...is to stop an export of drugs heading to our school. They are being sent from a port nearby, but it is well-guarded by what are well-known as mercenaries. What I am attempting to warn you is that death can come at any time and you must stay alert. Are you all ready to put your lives at risk?"

"We just have to listen to you until we get the hang of our weapons, right?" Seungyeon confirmed.

"I expect you to follow my instructions unless told otherwise," she answered vaguely. 

"Will we ever get a clear answer?" Miho groaned.

"Perhaps," the President said with a mysterious smile.

"That's fine then," Seungyeon decided. "I may not look like it, but even I know how to listen to instructions." 

"Really?" Miho asked teasingly. 

"Yeah I can, Ms. Vice Pres," she teased back. "So, I guess I'm going. Better than doing nothing with my life here."

"You could look for your sister," Jungwon blurted out. Seungyeon began threatening the hyper girl, missing the slight widening of the President's eyes. 

"Between choking to death, being buried six feet under, or being beaten up and then killed, which do you prefer?"

"Umm...None?" Jungwon suggested, somewhat frightened.

"Sit down," the President finally broke in. "If you decline participation in the mission, please exit the room now."

"Translation," Seungyeon demaded.

"If you don't want to do this, leave," Erang interpreted.

"Of course I'm coming," Seungyeon answered.

 "Sure!" Miho agreed.

"I'll be happy to," Erang stated.

"Yes! I've always wanted to be a cool spy once in my life," Jungwon exclaimed, flipping from her seat and holding up a make-believe gun. Sooyeon flashed a quick smile and raised a hand toward the door, things sliding out of her sleeve. They coiled around something on the bookshelf near the door and jumped back onto her desk, a cage of cards that held a walkie talkie inside. She tapped the cage, the cards slowly unwrapping itself around the item before flying off somewhere under the crack of the door. She picked up the item carefully, observing it before grabbing a blowhorn from somewhere in her desk and blowing it. The Heads covered their ears, wincing, pulling away carefully as she put the blowhorn back from wherever it had come from. She waited a moment before talking.

"Hello? SHINee, right? It's the President, but I'm sure you were aware. Would you mind coming and giving us a hand?" she asked politely.

"Excuse me?! You almost blew our ears off!" a voice shouted scratchily over the small device. 

"Ow! Key! You're just as loud!" a voice shouted in the background.

"Key?" Jungwon recognized, jumping up and grabbing the item from the President's hand. "What are you doing?"

"You okay Jungwon?" Key's voice asked worriedly. 

"I'm fine, but...what are you doing?" Jungwon asked again.

"Well, remember the phone call in the restaurant? We were worried since you cried 'Stalker!' so we asked for help from our leader and stuff and now-"

"What the h311?!" Jonghyun's voice clearly shouted over the speaker. Sooyeon didn't look fazed. 

"Hello?" Jungwon asked the walkie talkie, shaking it and wondering if it was broken. Minutes later, loud shouts and curses were heard before the group called "SHINee" fell in, cards wrapped around them like chains. 

"Ow," Jonghyun groaned. 

"I did ask politely," Sooyeon stated, raising an eyebrow at the four tied up guys. She turned to the Heads. "As some of you already know, this is Kibum Kim-"

"Key," he broke in. Sooyeon continued unfazed.

"-Jonghyun Kim, Minho Choi, and Jinki Lee."

"I go by Onew too," Jinki added, fidgeting. Sooyeon turned to all of them. 

"Now, I would like for you to all cooperate and complete this mission," she ordered. She snapped her fingers, the cards sliding back into her sleeve. "Any complaints?"

"Yeah," Jonghyun cried out. "I wasn't listening to the briefing."

"Neither was I," Jungwon added hesitantly. "I thought that you were joking." Sooyeon gave a half-smile.

"An idiotic couple," she muttered.

"Am not!" the two said in unison. Sooyeon giggled, leaving the occupants silent for a moment.

"Are you sure?" she asked. Jonghyun and Jungwon stared at each other, sparks flying between their eyes before turning away. The President lifted up a folder, sliding it to them.

"Here is the briefing. Be sure to memorize it and follow my directions exactly. Meet here at 18:00 hours," she ordered before leaving the room. "I expect the Heads, SHINee, and another group I have also invited. I will summarize the folder and make any necessary changes if needed."

"Who's coming?" Miho asked in curiousity.

"Infinite," she answered quickly, wearing a mysterious expression.

Now Closing File...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Please Proceed to the Next File...