Chapter 8

Heal Me 날 치유해줘
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyukjae still couldn’t believe this was happening. It all seemed like a dream. Once he hung up on Henry, Donghae had leaned in to kiss him. Hyukjae was surprised at first but he let him. The kiss was short, a mere peck on the lips. Donghae had pulled back and leaned back onto the pillows, looking quite satisfied. But Hyukjae wasn’t. He pulled himself up so one elbow was propped and he leaned into Donghae. Now this took Donghae by surprise. But he wasn’t going to complain. Hyukjae placed the other free hand on Donghae’s face. And Donghae completely melted into the pillow he was lying on. He's always liked sweet and gentle gestures that Hyukjae just did. Donghae always have done it towards those he went out with, so it was nice experiencing it this time. Once Hyukjae pulled away, both of them were surprised.
There was silence at first before Hyukjae broke it. “So? Did you feel the attraction?”

“I think so,” Donghae breathed.

Silence.

“I wasn’t sure if you were interested in guys or not since you were so vague about it,” Donghae finally said.

“I don’t think I would’ve asked if I wasn’t interested,” Hyukjae said back.

“So, now what?”

“I’ll leave that to you. I never pursued since we didn’t meet on a...happy circumstance.”

"What do you want? It takes two to tangle," Donghae asked.

"I would like to try and go out. But if you don't want to, I respect it." Hyukjae already knew what he was going to say. He had played different
scenarios in his head over and over before.

Donghae was quiet for a bit before saying, "Do you like broken people? Cuz that’s someone you might be putting up with if you want to be with someone like me.”

“I thought we did pretty well as friends,” Hyukjae joked.

“There is a lot of me I suppress, Hyukjae.”

“Let me ask you this: Do you like me?”

Donghae looked at Hyukjae, his face softened, “Yeah. I think I’ve liked you for a while.”

“I really like you, Donghae. So how about we do a trial run?”

Donghae pulled himself up so he was sitting up in bed, “I’m listening.”

“We can test the waters if you want. If you don’t like it, we can break up.”

Donghae made a face, “Don’t say it like that. You think breaking up is easy. Watch, when it goes on for a while, there will be attachments.”

“Well we’ll see how far our trial run goes. The only thing I want is honesty. I think you got the loyalty down,” Hyukjae smiled.

Donghae laughed a bit before agreeing. “Okay, Hyukjae. Let’s try it.”

Before Hyukjae knew it, several months had passed since they started their “trial run”. And it was definitely the best relationship he’s had. Nothing really changed, since they were already doing all the things when they weren’t together. They hardly fought. The only big arguments they got into was trivial couple things and sometimes the lack of communication they tend to have once in a while. And both boys kept their relationship really low key. The only people that knew was Henry and Sungmin. Hyukjae knew Kyu and Ryeong wouldn’t let him hear the end of it. Both of them didn’t want to be vocal about their relationship since it was a trial basis. But by the way things were going, Hyukjae hoped they wouldn’t have to hide. Within their mutual circle, everyone knew how inseparable they were. Even when Donghae would go over Hyujae’s house to spend the night, it wasn’t weird. They were doing that prior to their new relationship. “Sleeping over” just had a whole new meaning now. Most of the time, Donghae went over Hyukjae’s place. The two were tired of hearing comments from Henry.
The only problem Hyukjae had was Donghae’s fear of intimacy. It wasn’t the . They weren’t ready for that yet. But it hard for him to breakdown the younger’s walls sometimes. And for Donghae to just be raw and honest about certain things he felt, it was hard. And Hyukjae knew it would take a while before Donghae was completely healed and free from the last relationship, but at this point, he was surprised Donghae didn’t trust him completely.

“So how’s our trial run going?” Hyukjae asked as he slid a cup of hot coffee to his boyfriend.

Donghae took it. He perched himself on Hyuk’s counter.

“I’d say it’s going pretty well.”

“So well we can remove the trial run?”

Donghae laughed. He spent enough time with Hyuk to know he was getting at something.

“Ya know, I’m gonna have to agree with you on that.”

“Do we still want to keep this low key?”

“Just for a little while more. It’s nicer that we don’t get asked. Everyone can just keep assuming we’d be great together,” Donghae said.

Hyukjae nodded, he had to agree with that.
He hated when people got into his business.
He made his way so he was standing right in front of Donghae. His boyfriend smiled fondly at him while he put his coffee mug down. Hyukjae cupped Donghae’s face before leaning in and giving him a kiss. Donghae’s hands gripped Hyukjae’s wrists as his legs wrapped around him to pull them clo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter