Chapter 14

Heal Me 날 치유해줘
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been a couple weeks since Hyukjae had his breakdown. Since then, no one mentioned it. And as much as Hyukjae was grateful, he was also bothered that Donghae wasn’t curious. But Donghae did want to know everything. Hyukjae even promised he’d eventually tell him, but he also knew how upset his other half was about it, and the last thing Donghae wanted to do was make Hyukjae upset. So he left it alone.
But Hyukjae knew Donghae was masking being unbothered. And he knew they’d have to talk about it eventually.

It was already morning and Hyukjae knew he had to get up. It was a little past 10 a.m. Although it was his day off, he had errands to do. Donghae got called into work last minute to look something over, but he’d be home soon. He just had to deal with one task.
Hyukjae wanted to be out of the house before he came back, but his body wouldn’t move. He ended up scrolling on his phone. One more minute turned into to thirty, then eventually an hour had passed. Hyukjae still hadn’t moved from his spot. And before he knew it, he heard the password being entered and the welcoming doorbell as the door opened.
So much for trying to leave the house before Donghae got back.
 

“Hyuk?” he heard a voice call out.
 

Hyukjae lifted his head, waiting for his boyfriend to pop his head in the doorway of their room.
 

Donghae’s face looked so surprised as he mimicked what Hyukjae was expecting, “You’re still in bed?”
 

“I couldn’t bring myself to leave it. It’s cold and my body’s tired,” Hyukjae said, annoyed.
 

Donghae laughed.
He walked into the room and opened one of the drawer’s to grab something to change into. He usually liked to wear Hyukjae’s grey hoody and grabbed his own pair of navy sweats. He didn’t care to make a trip to the bathroom so he started undressing right there.
 

He could feel Hyukjae’s eyes on him. Donghae shyly glanced at him before teasing his boyfriend’s wandering eyes, “You like what you see?”
 

Hyukjae smirked before playfully his lips, “Do you even have to ask?”
 

Donghae laughed. Before throwing his go out clothes in corner of the room and hopping into bed. Hyukjae waited with open arms until Donghae placed himself in them. It felt like it’s been a while since they comfortably laid down like this together.
Donghae buried his face in Hyukjae’s chest and Hyukjae brought him closer.
They were silent for a bit before Hyukjae got the nerve to say what was bothering him.
 

“Hae?”
 

He earned a hum.
 

“Do you remember when I told you I would tell you everything?”
 

He could feel Donghae raise his head so he could look up to Hyukjae.
 

“Yes.”
 

“I’m ready to tell you.”
 

Well, not really ready. But more ready than he felt prior.
 

“There’s nothing special to say,” Hyukjae said. He could see in the corner of his eye that Donghae positioned himself to lie sideways, so his head rested on one hand while the other draped across Hyukjae’s chest. Donghae’s body leaned into Hyukjae, “Hyuk, you don’t have to play this off as ‘nothing special’. If it wasn’t a big deal, you would’ve told me earlier.”
 

Hyukjae knew Donghae was right.
 

“It’s nothing special now,” corrected Hyukjae before continuing, “But Seung Joon, the guy that called me, was someone I was in love with. He was,” Hyukjae paused, “someone I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with.”
 

“But?”
 

“But, like I’m sure you heard from my side of the conversation, he changed his mind. It was all of a sudden. But he packed what he could, left me a note saying I wasn’t what he wanted anymore, and left.”
 

Donghae felt his heart ache. That was just…cruel.
 

“We were together for four years and all that time didn’t mean anything. But y’know, he was always good at making others feel good about themselves and being manipulative. Heechul saw that, warned me, and I still didn’t listen.”
 

“Hyukjae,” Donghae said quietly as his hand made circular motions on his chest.
 

“So, I drank. And I drove Kyuhyun crazy since he was the one who would answer my drunk calls, pic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter