✖ the skinship van

SR14GB : Idol-in-Progress!
chapter six 
the skinship van
 
 
 
 
 
It was now 9am where Tony gave them a break. Bi An threw the red jacket across the room.
 
”Thanks Mark, but I don’t think I will need that anymore! It’s like 100 degree celcius in here!” She fanned herself as she laid down unladylike on the floor.
 

DOOR

 

 

 

Taeyong

Wendy

Jeno

Donghyuck

Mark

Jisung

Yuta

Hansol

Ten

Jaehyun

Joy

Johnny

Seulgi

Irene

Min Soo

Bi An


“…Don’t you think Kyungsoo-oppa will kill you for wrecking his shirt?"

“…Now that’s a good question.” Bi An sat up straight immediately because when Kyungsoo is angry, it is never pleasant, and what makes him angry is borrowing clothes and not returning them in good condition. She cannot risk her cook getting mad at her.

“Min Soo?” A head popped out from the doorway and poofed an Oh Sehun. Her eyes brightened like she finally realized she remembered that she had something to do and left the room in a flurry.

“I hereby pronounce your best friend title taken away by him.” Bi An puffed her cheeks, not believing what Johnny said.

“You are just jealous.” She said a matter-of-factly. True.

“Of what?” He scoffed.

“Me and Min Soo’s closeness.” She said pridefully. True.

“Why would I be?” He pretended to challenge her. “Because I’m an awesome person-Just kidding!” She smiled lightly as if her own joke was funny. He just laughed along so it wouldn’t make her look silly. Nor the fact that it was… True.

“This is unacceptable behavior so I declare myself the new best friend of Lee Bi An-“ His sentence got stopped short when a chop flew down onto his head. 

“Jisung! How could you!” “Mianhe! Jaehyun-hyung asked me to do it!” Jisung explained nervously. “Johnny I swear if you make him cry…” Seul Gi glared with a pointed look. “Noona, yes maam!” He squeaked in a terrified voice. Laughter soon died down as one of the younger assistant managers came running through the doorway frantically. Her spectacles were lopsided and her breath erratic.

“Y-Yorubun! I need all of you to quickly freshen up in 10 minutes. Please use the showers on this and boys on the 4th floor! Now!” Everyone, bewildered, quickly dashed out of the room and went to their respective venues. Bi An took 10 minutes before moving to the costume room hurriedly, noticing that she was the first few ones including Jisung and Taeyong. Bi An fast-paced breathing slowly went back normal as she glanced around her surroundings, wondering what they had to do later.

Seeing her dripping wet hair, Taeyong walked towards her direction and without any notion, used his own towel to dry her hair. His fingers brushed through her scalp comfortably and she stood there motionless, enjoying the free service. Soon, many people filed in and the manager began giving out details. Taeyong lazily moved his towel through her hair absentmindedly as he lingered in the smell of strawberries a little more. She was passed a set of clothes before the manager told them even more information of the show.

They were going to be on a show that EXO couldn’t make it, because their flight was delayed and needed at least 12 more people to fill in the positions. Mostly, they were going to also showcase their charms and talents at a venue called ‘Weekly Idol’. A stylist plonked her down ruthlessly onto the chair and started spray-painting her tips in violet after applying a safe base. She scrounged her nose up because of the nasty chemical fumes that came along with the colour. After her hair has been styled, colour dried, she went to the changing room to change into her numberd sleeveless white numbered 7 top and a violet skirt with stripped bottom, reaching to half of her thigh. Her hair was tied up in two ponytails at the side of her face, adorning her childish looks.

After putting on some mild mascara, she was set. All of them were quickly pushed into a 12-seater and they quickly drove to their destination. “Yaaah! Stop moving around!” Donghyuck complained. “Aish! Then change places with me. It’s not easy sitting on someone’s lap.” Mark complained and glared daggers. “I second that.” Bi An said grudgingly. 4 lighter people had to compromise and make space and it boiled down to Mark, Min Soo, Wendy and Jisung. Mark was on Donghyuck, Wendy was on Joy, Bi An on Min Soo because Min Soo knew that sitting on someone's lap was difficult and BI An compromised while Jisung was just shifting and jerking around the 4 seats at the back whenever the car made a turn because he was just too small.

 

Hansol (Jisung)

Taeyong

Yuta

Johnny

Donghyuck (Mark)

Jeno

Ten

Jaehyun

Irene

Seulgi

Joy(Wendy)

Min Soo(Bi An)

 

Driver

Assistant Manager

 


“I could have sworn Bi An was the heavier one,” Johnny whispered inconspicuously to Jaehyun. “Even though that’s the truth, that’s just plain mean you know, of course Min Soo is lighter anyways,” Jaehyun whispered, where his whisper could be heard by everyone in the car, and Bi An could feel a strong urge to pull his hair out. Not that that was actually an uncommon occurrence. “Hey,” She growled, hoping that the idiot over there would get the message and stop opening his darn mouth. “Someone’s angry,” Jeno sniggered. Bi An clicked her tongue and gave Jeno the ‘I’m watching you’ fingers as she pointed them at his eyes through the gaps in the seats. Being the smartass he is, he truly wondered how she was even going to get to him if he continued mocking her, but there was none. He rolled his eyes and put his hands by his face, sticking his tongue out in the process. Bi An, not one to keep her temper in check, stood up in the moving van and tried to reach the mischievous boy through the small gap in the centre of the seats, hoping to get a swipe of his just styled hair.

Due to an abrupt turn, Seulgi’s chair slid to the front and created an opening for Bi An to fall through the gap due to her unbalanced footing and fell face front into the area just above Jeno’s shoulders. It was a painful experience for her nose but a funny sight to Lee Jeno. He started laughing out loud without any concern for his safety for the next few seconds. “I. Dare. You. To. Laugh. Again.” Bi An glared while pulling his cheeks. Hard. “Biiii. Bit buuuurts!” Jeno grumbled. “Say sorry then!” She frowned. “Mianhe.” He pouted childishly and rubbed his cheeks that were beginning to turn red without the help of a blusher. She smirked as she won the battle this time. She was in a fight against Jeno for god know’s what.

“Hey, the bunch of you back there. Don’t do anything ruthless, if you move around and break your hands or legs, it’s none of my business. I’m going to warn you once, but this road is full of curves.” The assistant manager warned. Bi An could literally kill herself if she slapped herself for the amount of times she did something dumb. “Aish! Lee Jeno, get out! I’m sitting. Listen to your noona.” She was already hanging onto her dear life by clutching onto Jeno’s shirt and she was dizzy from all those turns that were made. Finally, they reached a red light. “Off to the back you go,” Jeno snickered. With one swift moment, he shifted his chair forward and pushed her towards the back, moving his own chair back again, caging her into the small space with the four oldest guys with the bigger builds behind.

If they were feeling that it was a small space just now, they had made a mistake because now it was the definition of a cramped area. “Hey there,” Bi An smiled pleasantly, her voice dripping with faked niceness. The rest of them were, glad to announce, both half-amused and half-amused. “Scissor, paper, stone?” Hansol suggested. He had half a mind to ditch poor Jisung to someone else if he could have Bi An to sit on his lap. Well, aren’t all teenage boys the same? Don’t judge Hansol, he has lesser alone time with her as it already is. Perks of being a hyung. In the end, Johnny beat everyone with rock in the end. “Now I know why they say rocks are manly.” He praised himself.

“Oh god. Stop praising yourself.” Bi An was grumbling because she was one of the losers who picked scissors. What’s wrong with scissors? They can cut. Just then, the car swerved left and everyone who didn’t have a good grip had an abrupt body slam against the left side. It was especially hard for the ones that weren’t in actual seats. “Woah, woah, woah, Jisung!” Hansol didn’t had a good grip on the boy and he slid to the left and hit the girl who was unlucky yet lucky enough to get hit on the forehead with the back of Jisung’s head.

She pushed him back before grimacing and shut her eyes, hoping it would alleviate the pain or just wishing that it hadn’t happened in the first place. “Is anything happening back there?” The assistant manager was getting stricter and stricter due to the stress of the rookies doing something wrong and it was getting to her head really quickly. There was once where she exploded and this bunch of kids didn’t want anything to happen again, it was terrifying, anyone could tell you that. “Nope!” Johnny called out.

All was silent until Bi An let out a cry of, “Ouch-“ and was immediately shut up with Yuta’s apologetic hand, but he had to do it. Oh great, now she had possible a broken nose and a bruised forehead, and she couldn’t even shout out how painful it was. “Sorry, sorry!” Yuta whispered as he held out his hand and pushed her bangs aside, looking at the bruise in place, “Ouch, that looks like it hurts a lot.” He winced although he was smiling because all of them were sadists at heart. When a friend fell, instead of helping them up, they would point and laugh. Revenge sure was nice indeed. “Hansol-ah, pass the foundation over.” Johnny said and he dugged through his bag and threw a small case over. Bi An suddenly moved away from all of their hands, “Am I right to say that one of you are going to be putting that on my face?” Johnny rolled his eyes,

“Come on. Deal with it, time is running low and you don’t even have a mirror.”

“Save me please,” Bi An shuddered in horror as she pulled a disgusted face, “I hope you still remember the time around 1 week ago, where we went to the 100-won shop and bought a lot of things? You guys screwed up the make-up. I swear Jisung can look cute in anything but you guys don’t do that fact any justice. So no, touch my face and you die by my hands.” She tried to look as fierce as possible. As fierce as anyone could look like sitting comfortably in someone’s lap. “Do it quickly.” Johnny sighed exasperatedly and put his arms around her and trapping her arms in the process, feeling the warmth and her flowery smell radiating from her. Bi An struggled for a few moments and whispered-shouted about how they were so unfit to do this and she could have done this herself but no, the boys were too adamant about applying foundation for her. Not that the reason was noble or anything, it just seemed fun.

“And yeah, if I do say so myself, it looks pretty terrible,” Yuta said triumphantly. “Mwo!?” She gasped in disbelief.

“Yuta means it’s perfect, you know, he’s korean is still improving by the way. Yuta, you mean good right?” Johnny smiled pleasantly, although he looked a tad too innocent. Bi An sent a glare his way. “My mom told me never to lie-“ He started but then was stopped by Taeyong who was trying hard not to look at her face, because once he did, he wouldn’t be able to stop laughing.

“Give me the mirror!” She slapped Johnny’s arms that were restraining her and snatched the compact mirror in Yuta’s hand with a click of her tongue. Bi An fumed as she saw what he had done to her face. Some parts were whiter than needed and it looked like she just had a food fight with flour. “Did I ever say I hate you all?” She grumbled as she tried to erase the make up on her face with water that Hansol provided. “Well, you always told me you loved me,” Johnny smirked but not for long as he felt an angry elbow nudging into his ribs. “That was a rhetorical question. So don’t answer it. If I say so myself, I’m pretty much a genius right?” She flashed a bright smile at the ones staring dubiously back at her.

“It looks the same, you moron,” Johnny rolled his eyes and at the same time felt the van skid to a stop. Seems like they reached the studio and the make-up was done in time. Phew.

 
 
 
 
 
 
____________________________________________________________________
 
 MarioNe's note So, this is the next update! If you have any suggestions of idol life, please feel free to drop a comment below because I am going to go crazy if I don't have any ideas any time sooner. I have been writing EXO and OC lately on my computer so I hope you excuse me for the lateness because of your genorous love for EXO. Excuses are a part of life, guys. Thanks for reading and see you in the next update! Comment juseyo! ㅋㅋㅋ