✖ monthly evaluation

SR14GB : Idol-in-Progress!
chapter eleven 
monthly evaluation
 
 
 
 
 
"Johnny, John, John Seo, Seo Young Ho!" He growled and smacked the back of her head.
 
"Excuse me, Vi, but could you stop abusing my name for a moment." He replied in english at the pouting girl. Bi An blew a raspberry as she flopped back to the ground.
 
An hour ago, they had all picked a queue number and lady luck was not on her side that day, she was going to be the last one to enter. Not that being first was great and all, but being last was the worst. There was only the 4 of them left and the faces of the people that came out so far weren't really fantastic.
 
Taeyong came out with a face as pale as a ghost. Yuta didn't talk at all after coming out. Min Soo was just as calm as ever but it was evident that she was about to cry. The younger ones came out with tears streaming down their faces. Yeah. It was that bad. Mark is still in the room... Hwaiting. But really, did they change the evaluator or what? Geez, this human is being really mean today.
 
"Ten. Good luck," Bi An called out softly as the door clicked open. He gave her a nervous smile before sidestepping Mark to get in. The latter paused outside the door as it closed shut.
 
Damn it Mark Lee, don't you dare cry. She is just in front of you, are you going to be a crybaby? it up. He thought he had it under control. He thought he wouldn't cry in front of anyone. Especially not her. Mark raised his head, only to find a pair of chocolate brown eyes staring back at him worriedly.
 
Emotions started piling up slowly and as if all of a sudden, Mark got hit by a wave of it, all at once. He couldn't help it when the first tear rolled down his face. The second, third, fourth, followed easily after. He rubbed his eyes, stubborn about not showing his tears to anyone. I can't believe they told me to drop out. this - Bi An lunged forward and knocked the air out of Mark's lungs. "Mark." She called out, breathless.
 
"You okay?" No.
 
"Come on, Mark. Man up." She joked as she patted his back soothingly, "I will do one thing for you if you stop crying." Bi An rolled her eyes as the sobbing slowly came to a halt. Geez, he really enjoys making my life- Just as she was about to pull back, Mark wrapped his arms around her, digging his face into the crook of her neck. Although Mark felt her stiffen up, his embrace only grew tighter. It amazes me that just the touch, the scent of her calms me down. There was a comforting silence before he pulled back.
 
"Is the offer still on?" Mark asked with a slight smile, his eyes still bloodshot red. She pretended to think about it, but chuckled when he gave an unconvincing glare. "Okay, okay. I was just playing with you. Wow, your face is super red you know. Maybe I should just take a picture-" She swiped out her phone, only for it to be taken away by an annoyed Mark.
 
"Stop it, you damn sadist," Mark flicked her forehead.
 
"You only found out now?"
 
"Whatever, good luck on the evaluations." He mumbled and left the room. Bi An took a look at Johnny who had been staring at them. She sighed and shrugged her shoulders, thinking, I am not going to survive this. Johnny just winced, Yeah, I don't think I can either. After a while, Ten was done, but he left the room without a word.
 
Bi An gulped, "Okay then. Good luck, Seo Young Ho," He shot her one of the most serious smiles she had ever seen and went ahead. Bi An went into a 'menboong' state. What? Omona, someone please save me from this insanity...
 
7 minutes 23 seconds passed.
 
"Bi An? Come on, make haste and get into the room. We don't have all day," Someone called out from the outside and she didn't spare a second glance towards Johnny. If she did, she would have panicked from the watery eyes and slight pink hue on his face.
 
"Yes, I'm Lee Bi An!" She squealed as she shut the door behind her. She noticed Jiho, their dance trainer, looking at her with worried eyes. The person beside him was the usual evaluator. She frowned, so why was today so different?
 
"Bi An-ah, do the dance routine that you and the boys did that day." She nodded her head at Jiho's words and started dancing.
 

"Okay. That's great." Jiho gave a sigh of relief, knowing that she finally was able to dance through the whole thing without going too fast at the 0.38 and 1.08 cut.
 
"You just need to work on your stamina and precision of your leg movements. You can go now," The usual evaluator looked up and gave a nod.
 
Bi An blinked. "...Is that all?"
 
"Yeah! You can leave now, Bi," Jiho shooed her away and willed her to leave. Damn girl was frowning. Probably due to the fact that everyone that left the room was in a very bad state. Bi, stop being so curious and leaveeee.
 
"Eh? Still here? These crappy trainees are going to kill me. I wish I was away longer." Bi An swivelled around, to hear a stranger's mocking tone criticising her. Them.
 
"Anyways," The man cleared his throat, "Let's see what you can do." He took a seat and stared expectantly.
 
"Mr Se, she was just about to leave..." The usual evaluator spoke up nervously since it was an important man he was talking to. Yes. He was currently trying to converse with one of the largest investor of SM Ent.
 
"So? It doesn't matter. These young kids must have a lot of energy! Come, girl, sing, dance, rap! Whatever you do. I don't have time to waste."
 
Bi An bowed at the man and smiled, "Okay, sir. I worked on a song from Miss A. The title is 'Breathe.' Ha dul se," She counted before lashing out her rendition of Breathe.
 
Just as she was about to head on to the second bridge, Mr Se stopped her.
 
"You can stop now. I see that you are as lousy as the others. Do you think you got what it takes? At most, you may get to become like Red Velvet, oh, are they popular? No."
 
"Are you ever going to debut? With skills like yours, wait, no, crap like yours, you aren't going to succeed in life. I can stop you from debuting, brat. So you better buck up your game. You may have a pretty face, but how long is that going to last you? Until your late 20s? You fail whereas investors like me triumph." He smiled smugly to himself.
 
"And why did you even use Breathe? That's a lousy song. Might have suit you perfectly though." Mr Se stared at the dark-looking Bi An in front of him. "Want to join JYP? Please leave of your own accord. My thanks! Oh, tell that last kid that came in to pack his bags. He had zero talent and zero beauty," He snorted and muttered under his breath, "Too many useless people in this world."
 
Bi An didn't speak up after all this while. She wanted to, so badly, when he ill-talked about Red Velvet, when he mocked Johnny. ing . God.
 
"De," She bowed slightly and promptly left the room. By then, her face was red as a damn tomato, probably from the pent-up anger, the blood rushing up her cheeks. She was angry that she couldn't do anything about it. Only capable of saying yes, agreeing, listening to orders like a doll because if she didn't, her dream of being an idol was crushed. Was friendship really worth lesser than her career?
 
Bi An couldn't come up with an answer and she felt pathetic. Really pathetic.
 
Angry tears ran down the sides of her face as she berated herself again and again outside the door. She was such a miserable human and not even worth anyone's concern. Yet why, why oh why, was Johnny still out there when she opened the door? Why was he smiling at her like everything was going to be fine? Why did he hug her like she was the most precious thing in the world?
 
Perhaps, and what Bi An didn't know, was that she was loved by so many others.
 
Not only by Young Ho, but also her best friend, Minsoo, who was worrying about her mental welfare right now, and also by the few boys who were currently reflecting in their own places, but couldn't help but place her in their minds.
 
"Stupid Vi, don't cry so much, it's not your fault that he's such an right?"
 
Bi An, smile, always.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
____________________________________________________________________
 
 MarioNe's note yay for update! no? :x hehe. this story is my guilty pleasure of pretending to be an idol and good friends too. btw, i know like you ppl dont comment (which is fine HAHA) but tell me if you want the new sm rookies to be added inside OKAY. (you know, cuz, i need an excuse to study them) //coughs and faints