✖ cafe that messes with your head

SR14GB : Idol-in-Progress!
chapter five 
cafe that messes with your head
 
 
 
 
 
Dusk soon arrived as Bi An woke up to her handphone’s ringtone of Yuta singing “Sakura” by Ikimono Gatari when she played-forced him to record a song for her. She liked the cover so much she listened to it everyday. She stretched her hands upwards and crinkled her toes, stretching to the sides as she yawned out loud, dragging her feet towards the toilet where she begun to brush her teeth.
 
It was only 5am but they had to be at the dance studio by 6am, and no one bothered to risk being late. After freshening herself up, she opened Kyungsoo’s closet silently and picked out one of his sleeveless shirts, which coincidentally happened to be one from ‘Growl’ era, where the designs had straps dangling across the front. She matched it with a pair of elastic black shorts that reached a little above her kneecaps, considering the little height difference she had with him. She couldn't resist the urge either to laugh at her own thoughts.
 
Lastly, she tied her black hair in a bun, bangs hovering, and arrived at the doorstep of the house. As usual, she found Min Soo already there, with her being the worry-wart and all that, and Sehun was also there, smiling fondly as she wore her shoes. That Sehun was having a smile on his poker face, wasn't that saying something? She smiled smugly at her self-given cupid role. After Min Soo was done, he gave her a small shoulder hug and she just smiled back affectionately.
 
Bi An smirked as she approached the couple and gave a suggestive wriggle of her eyebrows to which Sehun glared at her and swiped at her with his long fingers like she was a pest. Bi An rolled her eyes at the actions but smiled knowingly at him, giving him a final pet on his head as she wore her black converses. Both of them reached the gate and the sky held a purplish-reddish hue and birds were calling out to start the day. It was now 5.20am, which probably gave them some time to eat breakfast.
 
“Hey Bibi, I forget something at the dance studio yesterday and I really need to claim it today. I didn’t feel that well without it yesterday. So see you later okay!” Min Soo said. “Nooooo!” Bi An whispered-groaned but after seeing the pouty look on her best friend's face, she agreed. ”Okay! Fine! What would you like to have? The usual? Iced green tea and blueberry-donuts?” Min Soo replied her with a thumbs-up and went along her way with a quick pace of footsteps. Even though it was still the early morning, Korea was known to have hot temperature ranging from the morning during this period. However, it seems like that wasn’t the case for today. Bi An ran her hands down her sides as she rubbed warmth into them, breaking into a brisk walk as she headed to the usual cafe that she usually went to.
 
As she entered Pascucci, she noticed the male worker mopping the floor as the female accountant checked the food with the time she had on her hands. The café was quiet and there was a nice feeling to be in a quiet café, being serene and all that and she sighed blissfully at the diminishing cold. “Can I have set 1 and set 3 for takeaway?” “Drinks?” “Iced green-tea and hot chocolate!” She decided a hot drink was to be drank if she wanted to keep warm even for a moment. “Would you like to have your meal on the second level or this one?” She asked pleasantly. “Second level would be nice I guess. Thank you.” Bi An bowed slightly before running up the stairs giddily. It was like a dream come true, to be the king of the world. *…Just kidding.* She laughed at her own silliness.
 
She reached the top of the stairs and went to the sofa section at the side of the building, where she could stare down and maybe spot a pedestrian or two that woke up early to work. A guy in a sleeveless hoodie and a ‘BOY’ cap spotted her and glanced with peering eyes from his own seat at the sofa. Currently, all 10 boys were squeezing in the 8 person seater but it was okay because they were on diets and everything and they also had 4 younger boys who were not as tall or built as they were. Bi An noticed that there were a group of boys sitting there and sighed at her forgone plan of being a king. She frowned as she saw one of them waving at her.
 
Were they fans of any sort? She just waved back awkwardly as she tried to find a seat that was far away from them to avoid any sort of confrontation. However, it backfired as a boy with the grey sleeveless hoodie jogged lightly in her direction and tugged lightly at her shoulders. “Bi. Good morning.” He said humorously as he felt her not seeing them a really funny thing to behold. “Oh-! Oh! Yuta! Mianhe! I couldn’t really see anything without my contacts or my specs.” She replied sheepishly as he dragged her frame towards their table. “Morning noona!” Jisung replied cheerfully as she stretched across the table to pet his head with a smile.
 
“Can’t you see us noona?” Donghyuck asked. “She doesn’t have her contacts in.” Yuta explained as he laughed. Bi An just nodded her head embarrassedly.
 
“Probably why her eyes look smaller.” Jeno commented with an innocent smile on his face. An irate mark grew at the back of her head as she pinched both sides of his face as the other boys at the table snorted-coughed-sniggered-laughed out loud. Oh the heat was really getting to her face. Now she regrets buying that cup of hot chocolate. As Yuta and Jeno were the ones seating outside, not wanting to disturb Yuta and his kindness, she squeezed and shooed Jeno further into his seat which he grumbled about.
 
 

Ten

Jaehyun

Hansol

Mark

Taeyong

Donghyuck

Johnny

Jisung

Yuta

Jeno

 

Bi An

 
“NOONA. Did your eyes grow smaller and your grow bigger?” Jeno showed the whites of his eyes as he rolled his eyes upwards. The words were supposed to be nothing impolite yet the older boys were having a coughing fit. Yuta who was sitting across her suddenly had pursed lips and Johnny, who was sitting beside him, almost spitted out his iced mocha. Taeyong coughed as his vanilla latte went down the wrong system and Hansol stared out at the window as if the sky fascinated him, not budging at all. Worst of all, Ten had spitted out his strawberry shake all over on Jaehyun, who had the urgency to dodge far far away, which was not very far, but able to save his clothes from further damage.
 
“…Not funny Jeno, not funny.” She grew daggers at his head before he used his body to push her out easily. She wanted to fight back and re-enter the seat but the lady from before came up the stairs and Bi an ran towards her, taking the tray and thanking the lady for her help. What was not helping was that the comment Jeno made had a huge impact and indiscreetly or discreetly, their eyes which roamed around her figure were focused on a more certain part of her body. “Ehem. Guys?” Jaehyun deadpanned as he made hand movements in the air. All of them turned to Jaehyun like their live depended on it. “Y-Yes?” Ten cleared his throat. “Nothing.” Jaehyun gave him a 'Really now?' stare.
 
Bi An took the plastic bag with Min Soo’s food and thanked the lady yet again, who was trying to take a last sneak at the boys as she returned down the staircase dejectedly.
 
“Jenoooo. Move in.” Bi An grumbled as she used said part again to force him to the right. “Alright, noona, don’t need to be a jerk about it.” Jeno mimicked her complaining tone. She swear she could pulverize this kid this moment. “Argh. Whatever fine. Jisung, seat on noona’s lap.” She patted her thighs as he sat on her lap with a shy smile. “Alright. Just lean on Jeno oppa’s shoulders for me to eat.” She leaned forward and cut the bread into bite-size pieces, before popping them into .
 
“Ahjussi, did you just call me…oppa?” Jeno pretended to puke. Bi An’s face turned into a wretched disgusted one, “Wait? I did? Jeno ahjumma’s shoulders. Sorry. Slip of tongue,” She stuck her tongue out at him unkindly. “Call Mark oppa.” Jaehyun suggested evily. “Waeyo?” Bi An asked with piqued pursed lips. “I’ll treat you to something later so just do it.” Jaehyun pursued the matter stubbornly with haste. “Really. Johnny you heard it right? Okay deal. Mark-“ Jeno itchy fingers curled around her cup of hot chocolate. He took ahold of the handle though, and downed it like it was cold and normal.
 
“Ack-“ Jeno started coughing wildly as he placed the cup down shakily, “Hot!” His face turned sour and he let his tongue hang loosely.
 
“NOONA! Why did you order a hot drink. YAH. It’s summer!”
 
“I didn’t tell you to drink it! I was just feeling cold today.” She sniffed at him haughtily. Mark was still brooding about how she was going to call him in endearment with a suffix yet Jeno had to go and ruin everything. However, if she was in the slightest state of being unwell, who was he, a person who cared for her, not to offer his favourite red jacket?
 
Mark threw it to her as she held it appreciatively around her shoulders. Soon, the food on her plate was gone, courtesy of a hungry Johnny and Jeno. “Then should we go? It’s almost 5.55.” They all agreed and stood up, waiting for the chance to get out of this cramp hellhole. Jisung carefully hopped of her lap and Bi An stood up a little too quickly for her own good, because the next moment she stepped, a cold tingly numbness coursed through her legs and soon, she found herself falling forward. To her dismay, she was going to fall flat on her face because Jisung was just too small for support and if any chance someone else was standing there, she would have flailed her arms desperately to not fall, or even if it brings them down with her, but it was sweet, innocent Jisung, how could she?
 
She closed herself and braced herself for the impact yet, she could feel absolutely nothing. Zilch! As her eyelids fluttered open, she found a pair of arms firmly grasped around her waist, even if it was tighter then need be, Bi An never noticed that kind of stuff though. Shortly, she balanced herself and the pair of strong arms left her reluctantly. “Woah. You okay there? Bi, you really need to watch your step. Clumsiness will bring you your downfall someday,” Johnny gasped extravagantly. “Oh shut up. My legs are just numb,” she turned around and ruffled Jeno’s hair strongly,”Gomawo! Sometimes, I forget that all of you are taller and stronger than me.”
 
She gave him a thankful bright smile that sent him to an embarrassed state. For the first time, Lee Jeno did not have a retort at bay. “Hold on to your Johnny oppa’s strong,magnificent,awesome,fabulous-“ “Jinja! I don’t know anyone who would like such a narcisstic boy. You should just stand there and look nice.” She insulted playfully as she accepted the outstretched hand and covered his mouth in faked annoyment.
 
*You.*
 
He silently thought inside his head.”Anyways, let’s go! And did you just admit I am handsome?” Johnny joked as SM Rookies went out of the café, laughing and conversing.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
____________________________________________________________________
 
 MarioNe's note Annyeong everyone. It occurs to me I have not updated. Tomorrow I have a major exam...couldn't resist the urge to write an english one. Maybe writing in chinese will help me revise for tomorrow's lessons? Meh. By the way, Cafe Pascucci has some really awesome delicious saliva-dripping bread! You should go eat there in Korea? lmao. Hope you enjoyed the weird chapter. Bleh. bye. Long chapter. Hehe. /crazy