C6:The Secret

Living Half a Life

 

Knock! Knock!

A shrieking voice and continuous knocking darted Polly off the bed, skipping half asleep toward the door.

"W-what is it?! What happened?!" her voice sounded like six feet from the ground as she try to make out the figure by the door.

Without any answer, Tao walked over the room wailing like a 6 year old being bullied by his friends. Thinking unfocusedly on the crumpled face of Tao Polly was unable to stop him nor inquire what has happened as the huge figure slumped himself on her bed, arms acrossed his chest as if scolded by his mother.

"O-okay... don't cry now. Just tell me what happened." Polly was feeling all the more bothered with how to interact with these creatures but as per being a nurse never take the status of your patient by just what you see, there could be a lot more fxing on the inside.

"I don't want to be here anymore, I wanna go home." Tao said, potuing adorably that Polly thought he split his personality back into a toddler.

"Why?" as bothered as she is, Polly couldn't think straight any further.

"There are cockroaches in my bed! Numbers of bugs in the toilet and a lot more of insects by the shore! This place is awful." he stated dramatically and to see his current stature in blue and white striped pyjamas. Polly would've wanted to give him a hug of comfort. It was a battle of either comforting the man on her bed or sending him out of her room, as Polly decided on the prior.

"This is a hotel. You can call housekeeping to clean yoour room anytime and to take those cockroaches away. Far more, you can have it reported to the hotel managers. I'm sorry  I'm tired to help you clean your room but I can come with you and report this incident now." calm facade is what Polly is showing but deep inside she is holding her laughter with how cute and innocent of a man Tao is.

"No! I don't want to go back ever to that room again, I want a new room. I would demand a new place to sleep." diva as it may sound but indeed Tao showed his diva side one minute after considering what Polly said. And with his statement, from a toddler to a diva immediately, Polly was sure she needs to shower medical assistance on this man with multiple personality disorder.

"Well then, let's get you a new room." just as Polly was to usher Tao toward the door, the room's ceiling to floor window flew open with strong wind coming her way. If not for a solid support on her back, Polly could've tumbled backwards but what happened next was something beyond her imagination.

"Hmm...smells perfect... Interesting, indeed.... I so wanted to be inside you..." a rasping voice whispered in Polly's right ear, followed by clammy hands groping the sides of her waist. By instict Polly spun around to see who is her attacker but clear as it was prior, no one was in the room except for Tao who now rush to her aid, face with a cold glare and now that he is upclose, Polly could be definite that his eyes changed from black to bright blue.

"Zitao! What happened?" Suho, Lay and Luhan came rushing to them and as to how they barge the hotel's door Polly couldn't care anymore for all of their eyes and features are none similar from earlier that morning. Suho's eyes were all azure, Lay shining bright green and Luhan's breaking from platinum to ash color. And if there is a body building pill that gives you bulging muscles in less than a day, well hell that, EXO have gotten those first hand. From lanky males to lean yet muscular figures that have out of this world eye colours? Polly was speechless not because of the unseen attacker but the suddeness of changes.

"They found us. We've got to keep moving. Polly's scent is way too strong and...   inviting." Tao said in a voice lower than his usual, giving Polly time to catch up on what's going on.

"Who the freaking hell are you all?!" amidst the occurences, that's all Polly could usher.

"We couldn't find him anywhere. But I bet he came alone." said Kai and the rest of the group piled into Polly's room talking to each other about the whereabouts of a certain person.

"D.O., why didn't you foresee this? Weren't you able to detect his presence early on?" Lay inquired with an infiriurated tone.

"He didn't come with his usual technique, he used the resources available which is wind. Better question Sehun then." D.O. who answered back just as the same manner he was inquired.

"Stop pointing out who did not do what. He's seen her so we better get going. Tao are we ready?" Minseok sternly took over the entire commotion and everyone kept still. Tao even looked scared upon being asked by the man.

"Almost until we got interrupted. Are we doing it now, it might be better if we exlain first-" Tao was explaining himself but Minseok cut him off.

"We' ll do the explaining back home. It's too risky here. Let's go." if there would be a good adjective that Polly could use to describe Minseok that would've been ice cold. The man spits ice that Polly freezes the moment words come out of his mouth.

"Polly, I'm sorry but we better get going. We'll tell you everything at home." Tao moved closer to Polly same time reaching out for her hand but she moved back not wanting to be touched by him.

"I'm not going anywhere but my home. I've been gone for too long playing around with this sick joke. Go ahead to where your are all about to go and I'll find a way back to my place." the confusion of the unknown creature moments ago, sudden changes of EXO's appearance and the whole lot of what Polly is seeing made her all conscious that she isn't safe anywhere with these people. Whatever they are, she needs to stay away from them.

"Do this look like a sick joke to you? That creature who touched you a while ago was unreal to you?" menacingly, Minseok took a step forward that made the others move back with fear stricken faces. Polly on the other hand is on the verge of outburst but still keeping it cool for the sake of sanity.

"Yes and whatever you people are, I don't want to be part of it. Ever." countering the menace, Polly didn't move as Minseok were mere inches away from  her. She is afriad of what the man can do but the look on his face doesn't describe violence, it looks more melancholic same time stoic.

"Let me show you then, that all of these are real and you have no choice but to be part of it, no escape. Ever." Minseok wasn't threaten with Polly's defiance, he was more eager to show the woman what they are capable of.

With one swift move of his hand, everything moving stood still. The strong wind came to a halt that the curtains was frozen mid air, the waves that are about to crash on the shore were still and no sound can be heard. Pausing a movie is what it looked like to Polly as she turn around and found her surrounding in an unusual state, giving her the shcok of her life. The rest of the group looked intently at her awaiting for her next statement but before she could do so, Kai was quick on her side grabbing both her shoulders with full force before heaving a deep sigh.

"What the.." Polly's query was drown in swirl of black hole she is in alongside the group, all holding onto Kai. She was surrounded by them but still fully aware that the ground she was standing at became all soft and muddy making her knees tremble.

"Hold on to me." Kai's deep voice made Polly look up and she saw the rest of the group staring at her, conveying an emotion she is very familiar with, fear.

Before she could say anything, the room lit up and to say shocked was an understatement. The group dispersed from crowding her and Kai , and Polly was bewildered the moment she saw that the hotel room she was at few seconds ago turned into what looked like a spacious living room. It was all wood and as she turned around she saw numerous, humongous trees through the glass window. She couldn't react for a moment and all she could do is stare outside of the window and get the closest possible explanation of what just happened. The more she rack her brain for answers, the more lost she is. Unable to conclude any further, Polly turned around to see every one of the group staring at her awaiting for her to speak.

"What are you?" Polly still in a daze, asked the most relevant question she thought of. Immobile and heartbeat racing as to the most unexpected revelation she would hear.