C8: Let's be close

Living Half a Life

"What about now Luhan?" Minseok asked sternly at his brother who fidgeted on his seat.

"Still can't but honestly, it got me stinging the last try. She's like a blocker or usually this happens when someone's already inside." Luhan frowned as he stretched his arms and massaged his nape.

"Luhan could there be a blood er on-" Chen started but was cut off immediately.

"Not possible. I had the perimeter secured. And I couldn't sense any of their elders either." Kris answered firmly.

"So, we're having a hard time on the chosen maiden? Isn't this supposed to be the most sought after pack ever in the wolf clan? What's going on?" a tiger looking eyed man came out from the dark corner forwarding to the side and eyeing the pack master.

"Jong Kook. I apologize but the maiden shows no sign of affection towards the pheromones. None of us can penetrate through her mind either. It's just not similar to what was taught." Suho answered as he bowed in respect to the newcomer.

"I see. By now the vampires are in hunt for her since she is the easy target. It won't be easy persuading her, you all should work hand in hand on this. Try to make her comfortable much as possible. Do not be the brutes you are to her. That wouldn't help." Jong Kook gave Minseok a deathly glare leaving a deep message.

"Do you think Polly is ok? I mean, I could feel that she isn't and I think she wants to know more without being too technical in terms.”  D.O.'s eyes glared at Luhan trying to send telepathic message.

"I hope she is. She needs lots of strength as soon as possible. Her body is so small I doubt if it can handle it." Suho shook his head while scratching his forehead.

"Lay, do you sense anything wrong from her? It is possible that she is feeling ill that's why Luhan can't penetrate." Minseok still expressionless asked all of a sudden.

"I can't sense anything wrong Minseok, except for tensed muscles, she looks fine but Suho is right. Polly’s frail, she isn't healthy at all and won't be able to handle the ion." Lay stated that made the member's head turn to him.

"That can't be! There is no one else! I don’t want anybody else." Sehun pouted as he crossed his arms over his chest.

“That is why you all need to work on keeping an eye on her and by that what I mean is not only securing her but also making sure she understands and accepts the reason why she is here.” Jung Kook said in a fatherly tone having the younger werewolves digest his statement.

“Remember, by the next full moon she will have to meet the Order and be formally introduced to the clansmen. By then, I hope you all do well.” Bidding his goodbye, the older werewolf left the room just as he appeared out of the darkness and all 12 of EXO sat motionless on their seats.

 

At the other side of the house, Polly was laying on her back thinking of what's next to come and what she really wants to achieve at the moment when someone whispered. Her voice is calm, clear and cute.

"Polly...beware of Viktor. He will hurt you." the voice faded as if it was from afar.

"What? Who are you? I don't understand.” Scurrying up from the bed with staggering steps, Polly looked around the room but seen no one except for immobile objects.

"It's not yet time but please do be careful and don't go out of the house alone. He is watching you."

The room went silent again and Polly paused for a while as muscles tensed with what the voice said about someone watching her. Feeling totally creeped out, Polly headed to the door and ran for anyone to talk to about the warning she received, disregarding her animosity toward the werewolves.

'It sounded so familiar. I've heard of it before but I can't remember.' Polly thought to herself as she walked to the living room.

No one was there upon reaching the destination, thinking hard on what to do next, she tried the kitchen if by chance any one of the werewolves would be there. But to no luck, it’s also empty except for the box that was left on the table as per what Tao said earlier that day. The box had a note on top of it saying, "For Polly, please eat a lot, we'll be out of sight so you won't lose appetite.”

Really now? Yesterday, you’re all adamant that I am you’re what so called maiden but today you’re all out of sight? Aren’t you all just confusing creatures? Heaving a sigh, Polly pulled a chair out and started digging on the food while contemplating on the voice she heard. Was it just her mind playing tricks on her? Was it someone mythical that can’t be seen but is alive? But seriously, was it telling the truth? The more she thinks about it, the more confused she gets with her current situation and feeling the irritation at its peak, Polly grunted rather loudly banging her fist on the table.                            

“I can’t get let this go without confronting them with the matter at hand. If they are dead serious I’d be their maiden then so be it but I need explanation and all! I can’t be blinded with the truth!” Speaking out to no one in particular, Polly decided to stand up and look for the werewolves. But alas, she opened all of the rooms there are in the house that isn’t locked but didn’t find any single one of them. The last door she hasn’t opened was the main door that would lead her to the bunch of unknown trees. Her mind flash a red signal light, reminding of the warning received earlier but her uneasiness toward the situation couldn’t be contained and needed answers right away.

As she opened the door…