( ✶ Chapter Six Part One

( ✶ The Re-Build of Girl Group QT|Story Start|

 

MBC Building

03.07.2015


 

Iseul(P.O.V)

 

Walking out the building, twenty Quties were waving enthusiastically at us. It was a windy Saturday, and it also was our last week promoting “Study.” Twenty fans stand outside to wave at us. “Iseul noona, we’re going to cheer you girls on. QT fighting.” I bowed and thanked them for cheering for us. Even though our song charted on GAON 100, it still charted only number forty-six. Quties began giving us gifts. “Stay warm” Talia bowed towards them. I stare at her; I wasn’t jealous no, I was more envious. Because of her role in WGM- Talia became the "it" girl of QT. She did share the spotlight, but Juyeon gained more from that. Her personality shined in WGM. Talia was getting love calls from magazines and endorsements. Juyeon is getting love calls for variety shows. Jumin isn’t far behind either; the media agrees she’s one of the best musical actresses out there. Then there’s me, the leader. I was so happy to be called the leader- even sometimes, I think Talia is more of a leader than I am. Again I’m not jealous, but I wish I can be like Talia, she knows when and when not to be social. These are the times I miss Sally the most.

 

---Flashback---

“Unnie” One thing Iseul hated the most cries, but today she wanted- needed to cry. So she barges into Sally and Jumin’s room, crawled under the covers and cry into Sally’s chest. Instead of nagging, she let the girl cry. “It’s okay, sometimes the strongest cry” she continues rubbing her back. “Ceo-nim said he doesn’t understand why I can’t hit that note. So he’s going ask for you or Jumin to sing the ost instead.” The ost was vital as it was for a drama that a fellow member had a part in. “What’s the name of the song ?” Sally asked. “It hurts and hurts” Iseul cried slows down.

“Those it hurt ?”

“What?”

“Being told you’re not good enough?”

“Yes.”

“Then Wipe those tears, because you can hit the note. You have to believe in that emotion. That’s probably your mistake.” Iseul nods in agreement, “Unni-” Sally nods and tell her to sleep. Beside Jumin was sleeping and she needed sleep. Iseul smiles and stays in bed with Eunmi; she’s going to do well tomorrow.

“It hurts and hurts” charted well the day of the release. Iseul let’s the younger three jump around her, Sally gave a thumbs up.

----End of flashback----

So stuck into the flashback, I didn’t realize Jumin was dragging me. “JaeRim is here. Talia told Juyeong and me to let you have more screen time, so you use this as an advantage.”

“Why she-”

“Talia only agree to WGM because of QT. She’s having problems with lover boy over this. Trust me; she wants QT to become famous even if that means risking her relationship. Now come on, we need you to be a star today.”

I smiled, but I wanted to frown, I don’t have a personality. I don’t know how to be noticed. Walking into the dressing room, I see Jaerim holding Talia a little too close. I also see her smiling, but it was forced.

Not thinking I was walked up and pulled the two apart, I scold Jaerim for holding her that close, especially in front her members. “Lastly, you wrinkled her outfit for the show.” Jaerim blushed red and apologized. The camera crew turns off the camera, “Iseul-ish that was perfect. You’re going to consider the overprotective mother.” I was confused, but I saw my members smiling proudly from me. Juyeon hugs me “You’re now going to be talked about. I hope you also get love calls, so now I can go on variety shows and Talia can do magazine shoots.”

It made sound pleasant, but I didn’t like it, they can still do those love calls- I won’t be the burden of the group. I walk away and just put headphones in. I refuse to be a burden.  

Juyeon(P.O.V)

I was stunned at the fact she didn’t say thank you to us. I mean I know she can be complex most times, but for the past two months, I haven’t seen her like this. QT, we’re doing fine;  Jumin on being a well known musical actress. A lot of productions are calling for her to audition for the play. She even had the chance to go to New York, but she said no because we want to focus on QT first. If it were me, I would but hey- it’s Jumin’s choice. We all had opportunities well-maybe not Iseul, BUT the point is we had them and wanted to make sure she too was getting notice. Instead, she walks away with her headphones in her hand. My fits bawled, strike one.  These are the times she misses Sally the most.

 

---Flashback---

“Eunmi unnie, Jumin unnie won’t let me watch TV.”  Juyeon stomps are feet against the kitchen floor. “Alright, you can pinch my arm to calm you down.” Juyeon walks over and pinches Eun Mi's arm; the pinch was filled with all the anger she had for Jumin at the moment. Eunmi squeezes the counter to the point her knuckles turned white. When Juyeon let go, Eunmi sighs and looks at the happy girl.

“You’re my favorite leader.”

“I’m your only leader.”

Eunmi chuckles at the girl and continues with making herself a salad.

---End of flashback---

Shaking off the flashback, my legs walked me over to Jumin who was playing with the camera. “Woah, you’re a goddess” Jumin chuckles at the shameless flirting.

“I’m a princess” I pointed at myself, I’m genuinely a princess. I get whatever I want from everyone, if I don’t, I’ll scream. Jumin rolls her eyes, but she didn’t deny it. Which means it’s true.

 

“QT on standby.”

Jumin(P.O.V)

I was told to get Iseul; it’s weird how she just went missing like that. One minute she was there, and next, she was gone. MBC is a big building; she shouldn’t just walk off like that. I was thankful I didn’t have to go far because she was standing next to the girl’s bathroom. It was also, unfortunately, because she was on the phone. I wish I can take back what I heard.

“I’m like their charity case, - Yeah my contract was up in 2017. I don’t know yet if I’m staying or leaving-” She turns around, and we made eye contact.

My mouth was wide open but more than that my heart hurt. It felt I was being betrayed and cheated on.

“We’re a minute away from performing.”

“Did-” She didn’t have to say anything because I already know the answer. Yes, I ing heard what you think of us. Two months, we were suitable for two months, but that’s going to be thrown away because she just caused problems.

I walked away; I can’t believe she would say that. I heard her behind me; instead of apologizing or even explaining herself, she stays quiet. We already lost a leader; we don’t need to lose another one. A charity case- yeah everyone but her was getting love calls but what she didn’t know is, I plead with the boss to give her a solo. I sent in applications for her to go and audition for new dramas, and all she can say is "charity case." I love seeing the members getting work; it brings more to the QT name.

“Walk faster” Our head manager yells at us. I ran just to get away from her.

A new scent surrounds around the girls. Blood and tears would soon come. 

 

word count: 1309