The New Found Club

Club P.I

          It was a week after the first day of school and everything went smoothly, in terms of school work and progress. However, D.O could not understand how he became a victim of bullying. He could not understand how Kris and Tao formed such great friendship and excluded him in the process of their bonding sessions.

He receive slight bullying from people in the high school, nothing major, but still, it was saddening. He just want to be left alone. He just want to do well in his studies. The most upsetting thing is, his only ‘friends’ bully him as well. If not on the campus, then in the dorm. Again, there was nothing serious but…

Today was Wednesday, mid-week, another week will pass by, then a month, a year – three years will be a breeze, everything will be okay, D.O consoled himself. As he was walking along the campus’s park and towards the dorm’s building, he read an e-letter sent to his student email on his iPad.

 

“All students are required to be actively involved in school extra-curriculum activities. There will be an activities fair this Saturday at the Campus Park Central, and all students can either join existing available clubs or create and take in members to form new clubs.”

 

D.O’s heart sank. The last thing he want to do now, is to join some clubs and be expose to greater bullying.

As he was nearing his dorm, he thought that he should form a new club, at least he can be the leader and, the thing is, this club – no popular students would volunteer to join. He is going to form a club on Paranormal Investigation. He love P.I, and was always dreaming to join a real P.I team.

When he reached the dorm, he saw Kris and Tao both watching TV at the living room. Excited, D.O said, “Guys have you receive the email? What are you guys joining? Guess what, I am thinking of forming a club of my own – Paranormal Investigation. I think it’ll be cool sh**.”

“Are you for real? Really? D.O?” Tao questioned as he raised his left brow.

“Man, no one’s gonna join that sh** club.” Kris said, without taking his eyes off the TV. “It’s so childish. We’re in high school. Go for some sports, dance or even chess club will do you fine. Or maybe library club, it’ll be better than… what’s your club again?”

“Paranormal Investigation. It’ll be great. You’ll see.”

-Saturday, Campus Park Central-

          “It has been already four hours since the event started, and up till now I have zero members. Zero. I can’t believe this.” D.O mumbled to himself. He was sitting behind a plain table with a few paranormal-related pictures and articles. His booth was far away from the popular ones, like the soccer and dance group.

D.O can see they are already packing up their booths as they have exceeded the limit of signups and he is still stuck with a pathetic zero.

“So, you say it’s going to be great. But, there’s no one? How do you even start this sh** club without anyone?” Tao asked.

“It’s still early, there’ll be someone. I know.”

“You know, we’re roommates after all. to see you like that. Tell you what, why don’t Tao and I join?” Kris offered.

“Please leave me alone.”

“I’m serious!”

“You kidding right?”

“I’m for real, D.O.”

“Right, well then write your names in this list.”

And they wrote.

“Omg, you guys are being serious?!”

“Ya man, I mean, why not? It’ll be easier for us to have meetings and all. We can have pizza and have our meeting in our dorm, so convenient!” Kris said.

“Thanks guys! I don’t know what to say!”

“Don’t have to say anything but hey I’m feeling a little thirsty…”

“I’ll go get you guys some drinks! Give me a minute!”

“Kris, are you serious? We’re joining this P.I thingy?” Tao hit Kris in the arm.

“Yea, I just want to slack my way through this extra-curriculum thing. If it wasn’t compulsory, I wouldn’t even have bothered. Anyway, we won’t need to do much in this P.I sh*t since it’s such a sloppy club. So what we need to do is to have our names registered in a legit club and, we won’t be nagged by any professors!”

“Smart move, Kris. You know, I don’t believe all of these at all. I was just joking around with him on the first day of school.”

“I don’t either. Who does? I mean come on.”