The Truth

Club P.I

12:33AM

It was 30 minutes after Kai had revealed his true self. Tao has finally regained conscious and Kris had changed his pants.

All four of them were sitting at the sofa, tension was in the air.

“I’m sorry guys. I didn’t mean to lie. I… really like being with you guys –”

“Wait. So, can you see any of them at all? When we went for our explorations?” D.O interrupted.

“Yes. I can.”

“So they DO exist.”

“Yes.”

“Oh my god.”

“Remember the time when you were looking for the little hut (chapter 2)? I know where it is located at but I kept quiet because I don’t think it’s a good idea to go in. I know the family that used to live there, they are not exactly friendly.

When you guys were inside, I saw them standing outside of the windows, looking revengeful. And when Kai and Tao drew on their photo, they were even madder. That’s why I told you guys off. They followed you guys back here. I had to appease them with money.”

“What the…”

“And remember when you guys ventured into the old dorm building (chapter 5)? You tried opening the doors but none of them were opened. I opened room 4, which is my room, for you. I was there, but you can’t see me.

I saw you picking up my diary. You said you felt like we were twins.

I told Kai I couldn’t be there. But that’s because I always turn into my death state when I am back at the old dorm. You guys wouldn’t want to see it.

I followed you home, D.O. And I stood outside your window and saw you reading my diary late into the night.

You were sincere.

So I decided to help you because I don’t want you to end up like me. That’s why I moved in.”

“You… you’re such a stalker.” Tao squeaked all of a sudden, hugging onto Edison.

“And I told you guys I am anti-social (chapter 7) and doesn’t interact much with people because well… I can’t. People can’t see me.

Also, I said I had to leave my parents because… I committed suicide.”

Tao let out a soft cry when he heard that. Kris was staying cool and calm, trying to take all of this in and understand it. D.O was very, very engrossed.

“What happened” D.O probed.

“I hung myself in my room. I couldn’t take all the bullying. I decided to take my own life. I regretted it so much. For the first few months after my death, I was vengeful. I wanted to scare those big bullies. But, I realised, if I were to do that, I will become a bully too. So I decided to protect victims of bullying instead.”

“That is why you’re always so encouraging and nice to me. You always ask me to not give up. Thank you, Kai. Or should we call you Kale?” D.O said.

“You can call me Kai. I am not Kale anymore. Kale was soft and weak. Now, I am stronger. You have to be strong, D.O. Never be defeated by the bullies. Okay?”

“I will be strong.” D.O answered with tears in his eyes.

“Oh my god, no wonder you have such pale and cool skin (chapter 10). When we found you for the first time, we thought you’re a ghost. So you really are one. This is so cool.” Tao awed.

“I can’t… I can’t believe all of this man. Are you for real?” Kris finally made a comment.

“I’m sorry, Kris. This is real.”

“Have anyone see you before? Or are we your only friends?”

“I only allow people to see me if I want them to. I try to make friends with the victims of bullying, help them get through the rough stages and then disappear. I visit them from time to time, in my ghostly form, so they can’t see me. I’ll try to make sure that they will be alright.

You guys… are the first humans I lived with and the first group of friends that make me want to stay and not disappear. You guys made me feel like I belong here.”

“Kris, are you crying?” D.O asked in shock.

Tao was of course, bawling his eyes out.

“Let us have a group hug.” Tao cried.

“You’re welcome to stay with us, Kai.” D.O said.