Mission 3: Something New

Club P.I

It’s Saturday and the school’s canteen is closed for the weekend. The trio just got out of bed and was lazing in their living room, waiting for food to magically drop from the sky.

Just then, there was a knock on the door. D.O, being the most active, opened the door. He was greeted by Kai.

“Good morning Kai! What a surprise! How are you feeling?” D.O greeted too excitedly for a Saturday morning.

“I’m feeling better, thanks D.O. Anyways, I have words to discuss with you guys.”

Kai came into the room with a backpack and two large boxes of pizzas. The smell of the food woke Tao and Kris up instantly.

“Dude, you’re the best man. We were almost dying of hunger.” Kris said, bro- Kai.

“Pizza in the morning? Are you trying to get me dead?! I’m going to be so fat!” Tao fussed, holding on to Edison and pouted.

“You can choose not to have it, Tao. I’m sure we can finish it without difficulty.” Kai joked coolly, stuffing half of a slice into his mouth, making it looked so delicious and tempting.

“Ok fine. Edison, I’ll just do this once, ok? Just once.” Tao said calmly to his teddy bear.

“You’re mad, dude. You need help.” Kris teased and then turned to Kai, “What did you wanted to talk to us about?”

“Right, ok I was thinking since we’re in the same club, and you guys have an extra bed… it’ll be good if I can move in with you all. Besides, I like being with you guys.”

“Why not? It’ll be cool man.” Kris agreed immediately.

“Yea! I think that’ll be great too!” D.O said with glee.

“Now wait. I don’t believe it’s so simple. You must have more motives behind this. Speak now.” Tao interrogated, placing Edison on the table to help him “scrutinise” Kai.

“I really genuinely like being around you guys. So, I mean sharing a dorm also means cheaper rent for me as well. And on top of that, I get to have room mates, less lonely.”

“Man, ignore Tao, he’s got problem. Two out of three agreed, majority wins. Welcome to our humble adobe.” Kris said and shook Kai’s hand.

 

11:30PM

“I am so bored, I have been lazing around the whole day, can we please go exploring now.” Tao complained again.

“You just left us alone in the building yesterday when you’re the one who suggested exploring. How can I trust you again?” D.O asked.

“Dude, this time Tao and me found this real cool place to explore. Fun guaranteed.” Kris added.

“Well… since you guys made the effort to research, then why not?”

“It’ll be a fun night!”

 

11:45PM, West Wing school exit

“Why must we wear all black and with cap? What’s this about?! And we’re going to sneak out of school?” D.O whispered nervously.

“Firstly, yea because we’re sneaking out of school, we need to wear all black and with a cap so we can hide well. Secondly, don’t act like you never do sneaky stuffs before, so chill!” Tao assured D.O.

“I don’t do sneaky –”

“It’s ok mate, let’s go with the flow. I mean, it’s all fun at the end of the day, right?” Kai encouraged.

“Yea… I guess so.”

They got out of the school’s west wing exit and walked along the stretch of road leading towards the KR International Girls High School. The road was quiet and dimmed with haze and cold air.

“This is actually a bad idea…” Tao started.

“Shut up dude.”

“Not again, Tao!”

 

12:05AM

“Alright, let me just give a brief introduction of tonight’s exploration. This building we’re entering is KR International Girls High School. We’ve heard a lot, about the things that happened here. And I think there’ll be no one in here since it’s the weekend. So this part of the campus is the dorm. Heard something nasty happened.” Tao explained in a low and spooky tone.

“Guys, when we move in the school later, we need to be as quiet as possible. Afraid there’ll be teachers patrolling.”

D.O and Kai listened intently and agreed to follow Kris’s lead later on.

 

12:10AM

They sneaked into the school compound and started walking slowly to the girls’ dorm. Kris led them to the left of the building, which means they will be walking on the school’s compound and not in the building itself.

They walked past several dorm room’s window, they were black and locked.

Kris pointed at a window with lights shining out of it and mouthed “Let’s go there” to the rest.

Kris creeped up against the wall before peeping into the window. The curtains were drawn, but he could see a shadow standing in there. “Damn.”

He lowered himself so that the person inside could not see him and crawled pass the window and signalled the rest to follow him.

But they did not get the signal right.

Tao ran over without bending down, and saw the shadow in the room which made him gasped in shock.

Kai followed Tao as well without looking into the window.

D.O was the last, he stood at the window and stared at the shadow, challenging the curtains to open.

Kris pulled D.O to the ground and whispered agitatedly, “I told you, follow me! Don’t do anything else.”

They finally stopped at one of the windows, it was dark, no lights and the curtains were not drawn.

Kai and D.O peered over what Kris and Tao was looking at.

It was a girl. She was sleeping peacefully and she’s beautiful.

They stood there for close to five minutes before Kai got impatient. “Guys, what is this about?”

“Shush!”

“No, really. What are you guys doing?” Kai asked, this time with a firm tone.

“We just want to peep at girls, must you –” Tao answered in irritation and stopped halfway with a jolt, covering his mouth. “.”

“What?”

“Dude, you’re an idiot you know.” Kris whispered in annoyance.

“What is happening?” D.O asked innocently, not knowing what is happening.

“Let’s get out of here and talk.” Kris said nervously.

“Why can’t we talk here?” Kai challenged.

“I don’t want to f**king wake them up man.”

“So you do get scared for being an as well.”

“Wait, I don’t understand what is going on.” D.O interrupted.

“Oh my god! WHO ARE YOU GUYS! What are you doing outside my window?! Professor! Professor! I need help! There are erts outside my window!”

Apparently the girl was awoken by their voices and was screaming for help now.

“Dude, we need to run the f out of here. We’ll talk later.”

With that, they ran fast and hard.

 

12:55AM

They were all sitting in the living room, panting and trying to figure out what just happened.

“That’s totally not cool guys.” Kai broke the silence. He was sweating and fuming.

“It was fun. Chill man.” Kris replied, frowning.

Kai stood up and pulled Kris up, squaring up at him.

Tao clutched onto Edison and didn’t dare to speak.

“Hey, let’s talk things out. I’m sure it can be settled without a fight." 

“D.O, they just cheated your feelings and mocked your profession. They told you they had a great place for exploration. It was just a girls’ dorm. Their “sighting” are “girls”. They don’t believe in what you believed in. This is a joke, they’re mocking you.”

D.O felt giddy with confusion. He couldn’t believe their insensitiveness and lameness. “Thanks Kai for explaining it all to me. Kris and Tao, please just get out of my club if you’re not interested, I’ll really appreciate it.”