First Day

Club P.I

          D.O opened the door of unit 5 and went into the room – the one that he will be spending three of his high school years in. He scanned around and saw a small living room with open concept kitchen and two bedrooms. The unit look clean and liveable. He went over to the window and drew open the curtain, the morning light shone in and brightened up the place. That cheered D.O even more.

He adjusted his specs and moved his luggage into one of the rooms, he got the luxury to choose the bigger one since he was the first to arrive. He felt grateful that he was able to get into one of the best all-boys high school in Korea and pledge to do his utmost best – no matter what.

D.O heard the sound of keys jangling, as if someone is trying to open the front door but was having difficulty in doing so. He went over and opened up the door before that person could successfully open it. D.O saw a tall and slim guy in front of him. The guy was busy holding lots of stuffs. He was carrying a tattered teddy bear and under his right arm was full of packets of chips while he was biting onto a packet of chocolate. He paused halfway when he saw D.O and broke into a wide smile.

“Oh man! I thought I am going to be alone! I was scared to death. I was so scared that my hands can’t stop shivering.”

“What are you scared of?”

“You know, the usual things… I don’t want to scare you but you know, that kind of things. You know?”

“Uh… no.” D.O answered, confused and saw there are stain of dried tears on the guy’s face. “Are you okay?”

“Yea! Why do you even ask that?! Of course I am okay!” He answered and pushed past D.O.

“Have you been crying?”

“No!”

“Yes you did.”

“No I didn’t!”

“Fine.” D.O shrugged and wanted to retreat back to his room.

“Wait! Where are you going?”

“Into my room?”

“I’ll sleep with you.”

“Why? There’s the other room!”

“I just like to sleep with people. Anyway, can I just report sick and go home? I’m starting to feel homesick. I want to go home.”

D.O saw the nametag on the guy’s luggage and asked, “So you’re Tao.”

“Omg, how do you know?!” Tao spun around, eyes wide in shock.

“Something told me.”

“NO YOU DIDN’T!”

“So have you been crying because you miss your family?”

“NO! Get lost you’re annoying!”

D.O chuckled softly as he found Tao entertaining and sat down on the sofa, trying to get some rest.

-Bang-

          D.O was awaken by the slam of the door and almost let out curses when he saw a well-built guy threw his bags on the floor and then took off his jacket, displaying his toned muscles. He had a cute face and is fairly good-looking for a guy for his age. Cuter than that Tao guy, thought D.O in silent.

“Hey man, how ya doing?” That guy finally realised the existence of D.O and greeted him. D.O did not reply as he was still admiring his looks. “Man, sorry I forgot to introduce myself, I’m Kris. Nice to meet ya.” Kris tried again and extended his hands this time for a handshake.

D.O took it preciously and shook it in such gentleness as if Kris’s hand was made of glass. “I, D, no I mean I am D.O. Nice to be – nice to meet you!”

“Cute guy ain’t he?” Kris asked into thin air and gave D.O a wink. D.O can feel his heart pounding rapidly in his chest and tried to avert the attention.

“Erherm, Tao! Come and meet Kris!” D.O shouted at the closed door of what was supposed to be his room. No reply. He went over to open it and saw Tao lying on one of the two beds, with facial mask on his face, cucumber slices on his eyes (where the hell did he get that?!) and was wearing pyjamas bottom with heart-shape prints all over. Beside him lay his trusted teddy bear, covered in his own customised small blanket.

“Are you serious?” Kris asked and was standing closing behind D.O, watching what he was looking at as well. “I shall sleep in the next room dude. Never gonna get close to that guy.”

“He’s… okay, actually.” D.O tried to speak well of Tao but found it hard to when he was looking at Tao’s in such state.

He must have felt ‘something’ because he jumped up from the bed, causing his cucumber slices to fly away and looked at D.O. “What? What is it D.O?! Don’t ever stand at the door and look at me in this way will you? It’s so creepy!”

“I just wanted you to meet our new roommate, Kris.”

“Where?”

“In the next room.”

“Is he hot?”

“Why do you ask that?”

“Just curious. So is he?”

“Go see for yourself.”

Tao took 10 minutes to clean off his mask and looked too handsome for being in a dorm (where you should be looking the worse you can be since it is indoor and where your bed is). He flashed D.O a charming glance and knocked onto Kris’s door.

Kris opened his room door, obviously soaked from exercising and was showcasing his abs as he was half . “Yo, Tao right? Kris here. Nice to see you.”

Tao did not reply. He stared for a few seconds longer and went into ‘D.O’s room’. He came back carrying his luggage and belongings that he had already unpacked and went past Kris and into his room.

“I am so going to sleep in here, with Kris.” Tao announced.