{08}

The Father of My Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sooyoung

     

 A week had come by ever since the argument between Jungsu and me. I sighed as I sit, waiting for the others to arrive. 

It was Tuesday on May 14th 2015. I slightly smiled since today I had no work. Today, Joohyun unnie made a plan for all of us, Seulgi and Seungwan, to get together at the cafe and talk about what's going on. It felt nice because it's been a while since we've always been busy. 

While looking at the window, I slowly hear the music, softly playing in the cafe. I glanced to where it was showing on a small TV .  I shifted awkwardly in my seat when I recognized the song. Officially missing you, I said to myself. From what I remembered, this song is about a break-up. I slightly laughed while softly shaking my head. This is nothing. Just a song, nothing more, I convinced myself.

I sat there. The more I sat there and did nothing, the louder I can hear the sad music. I looked around, finding it was less busy than it was when I got here. I my phone to find something to do, but there wasn't anything that amused me. I tried everything to distract myself from the singing, but nothing helped me as I kept thinking about the lyrics.

 

Yeah, I'm officially missing you

You know how I've been through

You and I are nothing more than friends

Now it only feels like my life is boring

It's like a pearl necklace without a strand, or perhaps a light tissue

There won't be any more issue making between us

Although you may not feel anything

The night must feel long and chaotic without me

As usual those feelings sends chills down to my sides

Those tiresome scandals

Ever since people around me became my antis

I've called it 'over' even before I started the unfair 'game' but it's just painful

Yeah, I can just do it but can't be single

Even when the love song is on, where's the melodies at?

Every action became my loneliness

So, I'm officially missing you

You've already left me and yet you still pain me

 

I looked down when I realised I was gripping my dress. I quickly let go and straighten it out. I gulped, wanting to forget all of those memories with him, but I can't...the more I want to forget, the more I'm longing to see him, touch him, hear him, love him...

I brushed those thoughts away while fiddling the hem of my dress. Why are you making me like this? I keep thinking. 

"Sooyoung!" I snapped up, finding all three of them waving at me.

Soon, all those thoughts dissapeared and I broke out into a grin. "Hey!" I hugged them and we all sat down surrounding the table.

"What's with the depressing music? It's ruining the mood," Joohyun pouted.

"Tell me about it," I mumbled.

 

 

When we received our coffee, we started talking. "So how's it going?" Seungwan asked.

"Great! The doctor told me the baby is going to be a girl!" Joohyun answered happily.

We all smiled. "Congratualations, unnie!" We all cheered.

"This child is the..?" 

"Third child," she corrected.

"Unnie is so lucky. She's married and has beautiful kids," Seungwan said, with envy.

I nodded agreeing. "Unnie is right."

 Joohyun slightly shook her head. "Thanks, but sometimes my husband and I get into arguments."

"About what?" I asked.

"Choosing the baby's clothes."

We laughed. "The baby's clothes?"

"Yeah, because I want pink while he wants  blue," she rolled her eyes.

"That's some relationship you got there, unnie," Seungwan confessed.

"I'm not denying that. Well, how are you guys doing?" Joohyun questioned.

"I'm not doing bad. I'm almost there in becoming a singer," Seungwan responded.

We gasped, "Really?"

She smiled. "Yup. Just need to wait a little more then I can achieve my dream."

"We're so proud of you!" I encouraged.

She giggled, "Thanks." Seungwan unnie has been training for about 3 years in SM entertainment to accomplish her goal to become a solo singer. Because of her training, the girls and I don't really see her that often, but everytime she's free, we always find a chance to hang out with her. Now that she's right around the corner, our spirits have been getting more excited to see where she loves to be the most. On stage. Singing her heart out while people look her with admiration. I smiled brightly at the thought of it. Seungwan unnie will achieve her dream.

"What about you, Sooyoung?" 

"Well, that's a little bit why we're here," I nervously answered.

"Oh, yeah! Joohyun unnie said that something happened between you and Jungsu."

"Yeah, but we'll talk about that soon."

Joohyun and Seungwan unnie nodded. At the same time, we all shifted our eyes to Seulgi. We all gave each other looks except for Seulgi when we realised she had been quiet this whole entire time. 

Her hands were wrapped around her coffee, staring blankly at it as if she was expecting something to jump out. 

Joohyun patted her. "Seulgi?"

She swiftly gazed at us. "Huh?" She asked in confusion.

"Um, are you okay?" Joohyun inquired, with concern.

"Uh, yeah," she says.

I looked at her dark circles under her eyes. "Did you not get enough sleep?" 

"Yeah. I couldn't sleep."

We nodded, knowing she wasn't telling us something, but ignored it.

"So you wanna talk about Jungsu now?" Seungwan suggested.

"Sure," I agreed.

"Speaking of Jungsu, where is he?"

"He's at a friend's house. He's been ignoring me ever since."

"What happened?" Seulgi questioned.

I let out a breath. "It started last week. It was at his babysitter's house. We were having dinner and Jungsu had to use the bathroom. Then, Mrs. Jung asked me about my love life. I told her nothing is going on and then...she suggested a blind date."

Joohyun was about to take sip of her coffee when she stopped. "A blind date?"

I nodded. "I said I didn't know. I wasn't ready, but she said it's for the best."

Seulgi spoke, "It's for the best? For what?"

"For Jungsu." They looked at each other. "She says I can't always be by myself. She doesn't think I can handle all of this forever." I sighed. "I don't know. What do you guys think?"

They didn't say anything at first before Seungwan replied, "I don't want to say this because I honestly know you're independent, but I think Mrs. Jung may be right. You can't go on by a single parent forever."

The girl nodded, agreeing with her, giving me apology looks. "Or we can help," Seulgi suggested.

"No. It's okay. You guys are busy. I mean, Seungwan unnie needs to be a singer, Joohyun unnie has her own family with a new child coming, and you're having a job of being an artist. Everyone loves your drawings. You can't let them wait for your next paintings because of me. Plus, you have your art show soon," I confessed.

They gave me sympathetic looks. "Sooyou-"

"No. Please don't. I'll take care of things," I confirmed. After a few moments, I continued my story. "When she told me about the blind date, Jungsu came out and he asked about the blind date. I said nothing and quickly tried to change the subject. After that dinner, he had been bothering me if I was going to do the blind date. I kept disregarding him and then..we got into a big argument. I suddenly got mad and asked why does it matter so much."

"And what did he say?"

"Well, he didn't want to tell me until I forced it out of him."

"Which was?"

I refused to meet their eye contact. "His appa."

A wave of silence crashed to the table. I peeked to see their reactions. Joohyun unnie bit her lower lip while Seungwan unnie has crease on her forehead. I look over to see Seulgi gulping.

"We knew how much important his appa is to him, but we didn't realise..this much," Joohyun admitted.

"Yeah. Now a week has passed and things still aren't normal between him and me. He'll always try to find excuses to avoid me," I said wistfully.

"Who knew someone his age could be intelligent," Seungwan says.

"Very," added Seulgi.

"He got that trait from his appa," I told them.

I felt a hand on top of mine. "Sooyoung, something good will happen," said Joohyun.

"All I can do is hope," I gave a her small smile.

"Jungsu will be back soon. He just needs some space," Seulgi reassured.

"Besides, I don't think he can stay away too long," Seungwan added.

As we continued drinking our coffee, we can suddenly hear the TV changing. People around us started whispering, "Look! They're finally on!" We gave each others puzzled looks while staring up at the TV. 

"Hello, everyone! My name is Park Sohee and today we are back to show you the last member of BTS!"

Instantly, Seulgi jumped up with a stunned look on her face. "What?! Did she just say BTS?"
We nodded with concern. "Yeah. Is there anything wrong?"

She seemed to remember what she just did and where we were. She gave a little laugh. "Haha, no. I just couldn't hear her," she sat down embarrassed while looking down in her lap.

"Say, BTS sounds familar. I think that's what people

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter