{03}

The Father of My Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The next came by as Sooyoung hurried downstairs as she again, met the dull, empty kitchen. She sighed on how her parents were already gone off to work, leaving her in the house alone, like always. Meet Park Sooyoung. She's 5'4 ft. with long, black hair and is sixteen-years-old. She has sparkling, brown eyes and a beautiful smile, which no one has seen. Her body wasn't skinny nor chubby, she was an average, unlike most girls at her school.

She walked into the kitchen, feeling the cold air brush her as she see's a note tapped on the fridge. 

Sooyoung, I made you your favorite pancakes! We won't be able to come home until 11, so make sure to be safe and have fun at school!

~Love, Umma and Appa

Once she was finished reading, she crumbled the note and threw it away, taking her plate of pancakes.  "Always, just always, always having to go to work, always having to come home at midnight. Might as well leave the house," she mumbled, stabbing her pancakes. Now that she thinks about it, she only sees her parents about three times a week. By the time they get home, she's already sleeping, and when she wakes up, they're already gone. Leaving Sooyoung alone in the house.

Here's another fact about Sooyoung, she doesn't have friends. You can say she's pretty much the 'loner' at school. It's because she doesn't talk, at all. Yeah, answering questions and all that stuff counts, but still. Even most people are scared to approach her, because there's one thing that Sooyoung has never done in the past two years in highschool, she has never smiled. Even though it's already the middle of sophomore year, students still see Sooyoung's icy, cold, blank face. 

After eating, she went in her room and looked at her digital clock. It was time to go to prison where Sooyoung dreaded to be. It was ten minutes until school started, and she grabbed her backpack, leaving the bare, mysterious household.

When it was time for lunch, Sooyoung went to put her books in her locker as she heard the loud, talking voices of students, excited to eat. She grabbed her lunch and took off. When she sat down at a random table, the noise became more blaring when a crowd of annoying fangirls went in from behind her. She kept focused on her lunch as girls kept screaming. Weeks ago, there was this new kid in her grade that came. On the third day, he became the heart-throbber, stealing girls' hearts, heck, even the juniors and seniors. Every girl except her. Sooyoung is too concentrated on what she's doing, that she never even spared a glance at the newcomer.

But she didn't really mind the screaming, she's gotten use to it. The fanchants started settling down a little as lunch was almost over. At the corner of her eye, she can see an abundance of swarming girls huddled together with the new kid in the middle. Sooyoung didn't really know anything about him except for one thing, his name. Ever since he came, girls been talking about ever since. For example, "Oh my god! Have you see the new kid? He's so cute!" and "I heard his name was Jungkook!" Jungkook, Jungkook, Jungkook is what she listens to every-time she goes to class or her locker.

Now the guys on the other hand, likes Jungkook too. Sooyoung thought the guys would hate him because girls are all over him, but turned out, it was the opposite. Jungkook even gets along with the jocks. Pretty much everyone here knows Jungkook, even the teachers do, everyone here seems to like him as if he was God. When the first week was done, it's like poof, he's popular in a blink of an eye. Somehow, he's also smart, and excels at sports. Sooyoung wonders how he could be so smart, athletic, and charming. Everybody thought he was the definition of perfect. To Sooyoung, no. Even if she hasn't looked at him, no. Do you know why? Because then that person will start to become a spoiled brat thinking he or she rules the world. 

So let's repeat this again, but in a different way. Jungkook is smart, handsome, cute, charming, athletic, any girl can ask for. Any guy would love to be his friend, while every girl would want to his girlfriend, who knows? Maybe the teachers too. That right there, is the definition of perfect. While everyone is praising him, there's one who totally thinks the opposite..

Sooyoung stood to throw her trash away and went back. A few girls were blocking her way because of the new kid and she muttered, "Excuse me," until she got through. Sitting back down, her fingers rubbed her temples waiting for lunch to be over. When people started getting up to leave so they can get ready for their next period, Sooyoung swiftly got up and went to her locker, so she wouldn't afford get crushed by the swarming girls.

The day came by fast and it was the end of the day. Students roamed around looking for their lockers, delighted to go home. Everyone quickly left and Sooyoung was just one of the very few people who stayed after-school. Her house wasn't that far, it was just seven minutes away. It's not like she had any classes to make up, she knows no one's home, so why not stay here and kill time. This school was a gigantic building with three floors and rows of gardens outside with a field of wide, open space. 

She went outside as she watched students going back into their classes to make up work. She walked up to a tree and sat under it, enjoying the nice breeze, and the sweet scent of nature. This was her spot, this was where Sooyoung always sat when she stayed after-school. If you're thinking, no, she does not stay afterschool every day, under the beautiful tree that was ready to blossom with the bright sun and soft wind. Sooyoung would do her homework, or just read a book. The weather wasn't too cold, or too hot, it was just the right temperature for her to enjoy her reading under the big tree.

 

 

Jungkook entered the school again, being greeted by girls who were waiting for him to arrive. He received chocolate, flowers, and love letters. He smiled and thanked them for their kindness. When no one was looking, he quietly threw away the gifts. It's not like he didn't appreciated it, it was just annoying getting the same things every day. 

This was like his routine everyday, getting swarmed by his fangirls, meeting his new friends, and getting swarmed with more fangirls. It was just a month ago when he first entered this school, not knowing anything, feeling nervous, but now, everyone knows him and he didn't even know how. Jungkook is actually fifteen and is actually suppose to be a freshman, but since his grades were outstanding, he moved a grade up.  

Jungkook never really had interest in anybody yet. When he was in middle school, some of friends were already dating and had a so-called crush. Jungkook never dated nor had a crush. He honestly doesn't know why, sometimes he likes to think that his heart was saving him for someone, someone special. He hopes that once he steps into highschool, he'll be able to find her.

He was aware of the fangirls after him, but Jungkook somehow had a feeling she isn't one of them. He doesn't want to date someone just because he's good-looking, he wants someone to love him because he's him. She doesn't care about his looks or status, just him and who he truly is.

If Jungkook had to be honest, ever since he had arrived, someone caught his eye. Out of all the girls in the school, he found her the most interesting, but most mysterious girl he had ever seen. He exactly remembered his first time seeing her when he came. She was just walking by his locker, yeah he had to admit that's pretty lame, but as he was talking to his new friends, his eye just suddenly caught her. Her head was down a little and she had long black, silky hair, that he had the urge to touch. He couldn't see her face since strands of hair were blocking it, but it somehow just made her seem more intriguing.

When he went to the cafeteria, with his fangirls, the first thing he noticed was her. Her back was facing them, he knew it was her, he could tell it was her. Funny how he doesn't know her name, right? While chatting, he watched her threw her trash away, then went back to her seat. So far, he had never seen her talk to him, or smile. Which made him more curious. He would usually see half of her face since she always bends her head down or her hair was in the way, but just by looking at half of her face, he knew behind those strands of hair, was a stunning, beautiful face, but for some reason, she doesn't want to show it.

He can tell she was quiet person, judging how she sits, eats, walks. Not that he always glance at her every few seconds..She seems like the person to keep  her feelings bottled up inside her and let it stay as it slowly build up. Without knowing, he tapped his friend next to him.

"Yeah, Jungkook?" 

"Do you know that girl over there?" He pointed.

"No one does, she's pretty much the loner at school. Most people are afraid to approach her because she has this cold aura around her. Well, that's what I heard, and people tell me she always has this straight face on like she doesn't blink or something. Why?"

Jungkook shook his head, "Just asking," his friend gave him a look and continued on what he was doing. Taking another quick glance at her, he found her rubbing her temples. Wonder what's wrong with her, he thought. 

School was finally over and Jungkook, sadly, had to stay after-school because he had to finish his test. After thirty minutes, he turned it in and waved to the teacher before going out. When he exited out of the classroom, Jungkook decided to take a walk outside. He saw the pretty flowers that were being blown by the breeze. He went into the field looking around, when he stopped and narrowed his eyes at the figure. He gulped, not sure what to do, so he quickly hid behind a tree before she had noticed him. 

He took a look at her again, she was under a tree while reading a book. She looked calm. Jungkook then had a feeling that she always came here. The soft wind came again, making her hair collide with the wind. This time, he got a better view of her, it might not be her whole face, but this time, it was a little more revealed on how he usually sees her. Without noticing, he was slightly smiling, but went back to hiding behind the tree. What am I doing? He thought. I am not a stalker, he lectured. Sighing, he quietly went back home, not admitting the urge to stay longer.

 He came to school, remembering it was a Thursday and pouted, wishing it was Friday. During first period, he had to go to the media center to find this book that he needed for Chemistry. But there was a problem, he didn't know where it was. Even though he's been here for a month, it didn't mean he knows where everything is yet. He shook his head, knowing it'll take a while.

Ten minutes later, no sign of the media center showed up. It was almost time for  period one to be over and so he fastened his pace, not wanting to be late to his next class. He was so busy looking around, he didn't see the person, causing them both to bump into each other.

The two bent down and said the same thing, "I'm sorry," they both looked up. When Jungkook saw who was in front of him, his eyes widen and his breath was caught in his throat. Out of everybody, it had to be her. This time, for the first time, he got a full view of her. She was just has he imagined her, but way prettier. 

"I-I'm sorry," he couldn't help, but look down. He didn't hear anything for a second when she finally responded.

"It's okay, I was the one who didn't see you," she quickly explained. Hearing her voice, Jungkook can feel the world stopped. Not only she was pretty, her voice was soft, like an angel.

He quickly snapped o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter