{06}

The Father of My Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi

All of us stood there silent for who knows how long. I kept my eyes on Jungkook. I gulped thinking about Sooyoung. What will she think? I thought to myself. I opened my mouth to speak, but realised I closed it after.

Jungkook saw my move and decided to take it for me. "Noona, it's nice seeing you again."

My lips pressed together, hard. "You too," I managed to say.

Yoongi, who was almost between us, stepped in. "You guys know each other?" 

I looked around. Everyone had an surprised look on their faces, waiting for our response. The room became more intense as I clenched my hand. Sooyoung, oh no.

"Something like that," Jungkook avoided eye-contact.

I started to take a good look at him since he's been away. He's definitely gotten taller. He's matured that's for sure. His eyes are more sharp and he looked more lean since the last time I saw him.

Yoongi kept glancing at us back and forth. His impatience took over him and suddenly walked towards me, grabbing my wrist as he dragged me away.

"Hey!"  I almost yelled. We stopped and I recognized we were in the dining room. It was only just us two and I sighed. I crossed my arms. "What do you want?"

"What's going on?" 

I gave him a look. "Nothing. It's on-"

He gave me a glare. "Don't give me excuses, Seulgi."

I looked away from him. "You wouldn't understand."

"Try me."

I dropped my arms and sat down. "It's a long story."

"I have time," he sat down in front of me.

I raised an eyebrow. "Oh really? What about your friends?"

"Pretty sure they don't mind. Even after the scene we caused."

My jaw slightly dropped. "'We'? You mean you!" I protested.

"Well, you started it!"

"Well, you overdid it!" I fired back.

He was about to argue back, but paused. "Right now isn't the time to argue." I stayed silent knowing he was right. "Just tell me what happened," he said pleading me. 

I slumped in my seat. "Fine." I my lips before starting. "It started six years ago with Joy and Jungkook. Jungkook was new to the school, and he and Joy clicked. They became bestfriends and then realized their feelings for each other. Then, they started dating and all of a sudden, something happened. He left all of a sudden and I don't know why, nor Joy." His eyebrows furrowed and his lips was in a thin line.

"How's that long?"

I dropped my head to the right. "That's the first thing you say?"

He shrugged. "Wait. I thought Jungkook was dating some girl named Sooyoung?"

I almost snorted. "Wait. Can you repeat that?"

"Jungkook dated a girl named Sooyoung in high school from what I remembered."

I started chuckling at my older brother who looked confused. "You know Joy's real name is Sooyoung right?"   

His mouth dropped a little. "Didn't I tell you?"

He glared at me. "No! You always called her as 'Joy' instead of her real name, which I never knew and to actually think I believed that was her real name. I knew it sounded weird," I heard him mumbled.

I gave him a sarcastic smile. "Well, now you know."

He shook his head. "So, are you gonna tell Joy or Sooyoung?"

My eyes extended a bit. "I've never thought of that," my hands on my face. "What am I gonna do? Should  I tell? Wait. I can't! She's already in too much stress," I gasped "but I'm her bestfriend. I have to tell her, she deserves to know! Wait! What about Jungsu?! Jungkook doesn't even know yet! But! Jungsu would be so happy to meet him!" I clamped my hands tightly together. "Jungsu could finally meet his appa!" 

Before I was about to continue on, Yoongi spit his water out. My face cringed in disgust. "Wait! Did you just say Jungkook had a son?!"

I stood frozen and slapped my hands on my mouth. He wasn't suppose to know that, I thought. "Um..no?" It sounded more like a question than an answer.

Surprisingly, he was smart to figure it out. "Seulgi.." I hear him say in a dark voice. "What are you not telling me?"

I gulped. "Well.."

He have me a hard scowl, waiting for my answer as he sat across from me. I dropped my head down from looking at him. "Fine. Sooyoung has a child and Jungkook is the appa.."

"Does Jungkook know?"

"No.." I looked to see his reaction and he buried his hands into his face.

"When was he born?"

I bit my lip. "Four years ago."

"Jungsu, huh?"

I nodded. Then there was silence between us. None of us knew what to say until I cleared my throat. "Are you mad?"

"Surprisingly, no. Shocked really."

My fingers tapped on the table, looking at the patterns on the sheets. "Are you gonna tell him?"

He didn't say anything for a minute before he responded, "I don't know."

My mouth opened a little. "You can't! If Sooyoung knows, she'll freak out! Even Jungkook."

"Well, he has to know some time!"

"But not now," I fired. "Please, don't tell him. Just not right now," I begged.

He started rubbing his temples. "Alright." I sighed in relief. "Well, when are you gonna tell her?" 

"I'm not sure, but what we have to do right now is to make sure Jungkook and Sooyoung don't cross paths. Especially Jungsu." We both sto0d up, getting ready to go out of the dining room.

"That shouldn't be hard."

"Let's hope so."

 

 

We went out to look for our guests when we see them in the living room, sitting on the couch. "We're back," Yoongi said.

They looked at us. "Was everything alright?" Hoseok asked.

I gave a small smile. "It was nothing." At the corner of my eye, I saw Jungkook staring at the floor, knowing it was a lie. 

"Well, what are we waiting for? Come on, hyung."

I looked in uncertainty. "What are you guys going to to do?"

"Dance practice!" Taehyung screamed, excitedly.

Yoongi gave him a face. "What do you mean? The plan was to just hang. Not practice!"

Jimin came in and put his arm around my brother. "And we will, after some practice."

My older brother gave them all a glare that says are-we-seriously-going-to-dance-when-we-already-have-to-everyday?

They understood his message and answered by nodding encouragingly. "Plus, we already have our clothes for practice," Seokjin stated.

Before Yoongi could argue, they all grabbed him. "Let's go, hyung!" And they dragged him down to the basement.

I sniffled a laughter and called out, "Good luck," before going upstairs.

 

 

Two hours passed and I went downstairs after I finished cleaning my room, hearing the loud music blasting through the house. I glanced at the door where it led to the basement. My body felt the vibration as I got closer. I went downstairs and took a peek behind the wall, seeing all of them dripping in sweat and trying their hardest. It made me took a look at my brother. I slightly smiled looking how concentrated he was. Their determination to debut made me proud as I smiled wider. They really are gonna be a good group, I told myself.

The music had come to an end and the guys grabbed their water bottles to take a long gulp. I looked away, resting my back against the wall. "Are we done yet!?" Complained a voice.

I bit my lip to hold in my chuckle, knowing it was my whiny brother. "Hyung, just one more song." I didn't know who it was, but I was guessing it was Jungkook and the thought of it made me clutch my shirt. 

Suddenly, I heard a loud noise. "Ow! Hyung, what was that for!"

"It's already been two hours," Yoongi grumbled.

"That doesn't mean you had to throw your bottle at me!" 

I rolled my eyes. Boys, I thought. "Just one more song. It won't do no harm," Taehyung helped.

"No."

"Hyung-"

"No."

"Hyung-"

"No."

"Hyung!"

"No!"

"Please!"

"No!"

"It's six against one!"

"It's my house!"

"Don't be a party-pooper!"

"Please!"

"For Gods sake, fine!" He yelled. "You annoying people."

I decided to stop hiding and step out. "How's practice going?" I asked, acting as if I wasn't watching them the whole entire time.

"Fine."

"Horrible." 

Yoongi and Taehyung glared at each other. To stop it, I smiled. "You guys must be really tired, I'll make lemonade and bring some fruit."

They nodded, liking the idea. "Sounds great. Thanks, noona," Hoseok said.

"Well, I'll go make it while you guys keep practicing." I turned around and went upstairs. Before shutting the door, it was hard not to miss a loud groan.

 

 

 

I heard the loud music starting again as I took out the ingredients for the lemonadee and cut the lemons to squeeze them. When I was done, I took a look to make sure there wasn't any seeds and proceeded on. Hearing the door being opened, my head spinned to see who it was.

"Hi, Jimin."

He smiled at me. "Hi, noona."

"What are you doing here?" 

"I came to refill my bottle."

"Ah.." I slowly nodded, secretly wishing he had stayed a little longer.

Turning back to what I was doing, he questioned, "Do you nee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter