{13}

The Father of My Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sooyoung

 

 

Something is going on, and I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing. Jungsu has been acting so odd lately. Ever since I went to go pick him up at Seulgi's house, he seemed so...happy. I clearly remember him running up to me with a big grin plastered on his face while I stood frozen, wondering what the heck happened to my son. I stared at him frightened like he had been possessed by an alien. Jungsu bounced everywhere with a look of joy on his face. My forehead wrinkled as I gave a confused look to Seulgi. She gave me a shy smile and shrugged. 

"It's probably the sugar he had from the ice cream," she explained.

My mouth created an 'O' shape and understood, though in the back of my head, I couldn't help, but think there was more to that she wasn't telling me. Although I was stunned seeing Jungu's smile again, it made me sigh in relief seeing him going back to his old self.

During the car trip home, Jungsu chattered on about his day with this guy he spent with. I didn't exactly recall his name since Jungsu kept calling him hyung, however I did manage to hear him say a name few times. Kookie hyung, was it? I wasn't sure because I was mostly trying to comprehend the words Jungsu was saying as he jabbered on and on. It was so cute seeing him blabber. He made so much hand motions like planes flying in the air with a beaming smile resting on his face, and his eyes sparkling with excitement. 

After that day, for the past two weeks, Jungsu has been begging me to go over to Seulgi's house. I guess it would have to do something with Kookie hyung, is it? I sighed. I mean it was a good thing Jungsu's is back to his old self, but I feel like he has been requesting to go over there so much to the point where it's like he lives there. 

Like the nice mother I am, here I am sitting in a chair with a pile of work to do while thinking about my son odd's behavior ever since he stepped foot in that house even when I just granted him permission he can go there today.. I dropped my face into my hands, massaging my temples. Was that a good choice? I thought. 

Rather than finding the answer to that question, I decided to get back to work and began organising the stack of papers in front of me. I start to hear a conversation behind me and turned around to see what it was about. It was my co-workers, Seolhyun and Jihyo, who looked liked they were engaging in a conversation judging by their widen eyes. 

They noticed me peeking and gave me a smile before greeting, "Hey Sooyoung!"

I gave them a smile back. "Hi. May if I ask what you guys were talking about?"

They both shared each other cheerful looks. "Well, we were just discussing about the new rookie boy groups."

My nails, that were running along the stack of papers, stopped. "Oh, really?"

"Yeah. We especially were talking about this one group."

I nodded my head, continuing my work. "I see. Who's the group?" A deep part of me secretly new, but I just didn't want to admit it as I bit my lip and hoped she hadn't said that specific name.

"Bangtan Sonyeondan!"

Great.

"Argh! Don't you love them?! They're so talented and-"

I shrugged. "Only seen them once."

Seolhyun and Jihyos' jaws dropped, stunned. "Are you kidding?"

"Does it look like I am?"

"They haven't even debuted yet and they're already starting to get popular."

"Are you sure you've seen them once?" Seolhyun asked.

"On TV, yes."

"Well you should be hearing about them a lot because everyone is talking about them."

I crunched my face. "Not really."

Their faces turned into frowns. "Oh. We can tell you about the members, so you can know more about them."

I gave a fake smile. "Oh. It's okay. No need to-"

"There's Jin, Suga, Rap Monster-"

"Jimin, Taehyung-"

"And last, but not least, the maknae Jungkook!"

 I flinched a little by the sound of that name as I looked down at the paperwork. "They sound interesting," I lied.

"Yeah. Turns out, they produce their own songs! You don't see groups nowdays creating their own albums," Jihyo bragged. 

I gulped. "That's really cool. Do they sing?"

Seolhyun gave me a dumb look. "Of course, silly! They're a hip-hop group. We're not exactly sure who is in the vocal line yet, but have you've got to hear Jungkook's voice! He's such a good singer."

"Last month or so, he uploaded a practice video of him singing."

I slowly nodded my head. "I see. He does sound really good."

"You should listen to him sometime."

I paused, staring at their bright and merry faces. I took a stiff nod. "Yeah. I probably will." I smiled a little. "I'm gonna get back to work."

"Alright. Have fun!"

After they left, my smile quickly dropped. I clamped my hands together while I shifted uncomfortably on my seat. I sat and stared at nothing for the past 10 minutes. My mind was filled with questions and thoughts like I was being stuffed on a Thanksgiving day. I wonder about Jungsu. I wonder about Jungkook. I wonder about so many things to the point where I'm about to explode. Then, I ruffled my hair and took out my phone, searching my contact list.

I tapped my nails while waiting, until I heard voice. "Hello?"

"Seulgi unnie?"

I hear a beam in her voice. "Yes. Do you need anything?"

 "Can you put me on the phone with Jungsu? I need to talk to him."

 

 

     Jungkook

 

I came back to hyung's house to be jumped by Jungsu like usual. I played with his hair, while hugging him back. We pulled away, fist-bumping while making weird sounds.

"Hyung!"

"Sup kiddo. How are you?"

"I'm doing fine. What about you?"

"A little tired because of our preparation for debut, but overall I'm doing okay."

"That must be very tiring."

I agreed. "It is." I bent down to his level and placed my hand on his head. "So what do you wanna do today, kiddo?"

Jungsu pursed her lips, thinking. "Let's play video games!"

I laughed. "We did that yesterday."

He blinked. "Oh. Well what about soccer?"

I thought for a second. "Sounds cool. Come on."

Before exiting out the house, I went upstairs. I stood in front of a door and hesitated to knock, but before I knew it, my knuckles had already hit the wooden board.

The door opened, revealing Seulgi in her yellow bear pajamas. "Oh you're here. Um..hi. I'm guessing oppa invited you in."

I nodded. "Cute pajamas."

She looked down, noticing what she was wearing and stuck her tongue half-embarrassed. "Thanks...they're my favorite. Anyways, where is Yoongi?"

"When he opened the door for me, he gave me a glare before going back to the couch to take his beauty sleep." I pointed my thumb behind me.

Seulgi shook her head. "That lazy guy. He has his own room for a reason, might as well just live in the living room." Suddenly, an awkward silence stood between us. I looked around, trying to distract myself from the tension, knowing what she was thinking.

I can tell that she had the urge to scold me, just by looking at her irritated, judging expression. I released out a huge breath while rubbing the back of my head. "Look, Noona. About Sooy-"

"Is anyone else here?" She swiftly interrupted.

I paused, about to speak, but soon closed it before looking down. "Nope. Just me."

"Again?"

"Again."

Her shoulders slightly slumped. "Oh, okay."

"You know, noona, if you just wanted to ask about Jimin, you sure can."

Seulgi's eyes broaden. "Wait, what? No, that's not what I-"

"I know exactly what you meant," I smiled a little.

She threw a scowl at me. "Why are you here?"

Knowing that I won, I first gave a little victory dance in my head. "Well, I was wondering if you guys have a soccer ball. Jungsu and I want to play soccer."

Seulgi gradually dropped her head, muddled. "How many days have you spent with Jungsu?"

I wrinkled my eyebrows. "Ever since I met him..I don't know. Ninth day?"

Her arms we crossed. "You both must be real close then."

I held up my hand. "Very."

"To answer your question, yes. It should be in Yoongi's room."

"Alright, thanks!" I was about to leave until I forgot. "If I were you, I would change your clothes soon." Before she could argue, I hurriedly shut the door. I turned around to head to Yoongi's room, but before I did, I quietly took out my phone and dialed a number. After a few rings, I grinned. 

"Sup."

"Hey."

"What's up?"

"Nothing, really. I just got back home from the gym."

I raised my eyebrows. "Oh, really? Are you still busy?"

"I'm about to hit the showers. Why?"

I gave a quick glance to the bedroom door behind me and evilly grinned. "Jimin, would you like to hang out with Jungsu and me?"

"Sure. Sounds fun. Where?"

"We're at Sleeping Beauty's place right now. Maybe later we'll go out."

"Cool. I'll be there. See you in a few."

M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter