{14}

The Father of My Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Before reading, this is a present AND a past chapter. When you see a long line run across the page (not the one above Joy's real name), that is when the past part begins. 

*ALSO, please REREAD chapter 12!! Thank you!

 

Sooyoung

 

My fingers gently tap against the glossy surface of the table as I slightly hum to the song that is playing; Someday by IU. I took a sip of my coffee, while continuously glancing at the entrance doors. I look across from me where the seat is cold and empty, with a small plate of cake in front of it, waiting to be eaten.

Hearing the chiming of the bells from the entrance, I instantly look up see Jungsu. I give him a small smile, leaning in to give a kiss on the forehead. He sat down making himself comfortable, staring at his surroundings.

 "I ordered you a cake," my head motioned.

He eagerly dug in while I held in a giggle. "Thanks, umma," he says, his mouth full of cake.

"Jungsu!" I scolded, quickly getting a napkin.

"Sorry!" He gave him a huge grin, revealing his chocolate cake in between his teeth. I laughed out loud before wiping his mouth. 

"How was your day?"

"Fun, like always."

"Mmm. That's great. What did you do?"

"Me and Kookie hyung played soccer today."

"Really? I thought your legs are a little too short to."

"I'm growing!" He defended.

I held up my hands in defense. "Okay, okay. My bad."

"How was your day, umma?"

"Very tiring."

"That sounds horrible."

"It is, and I hope you grow up to get a good job, unlike me."

"Are you gonna quit the job you have now?"

"Maybe. I'm thinking of working at Florist."

"That flower shop?"

"Yes. I'm sure I'll enjoy it way more than the job I have now. I'm exhausted working with papers."

"That's cool. I hope I get an awesome job, too."

"I know you will." I played with his hair.

"Oh, umma! Speaking of jobs, Kookie hyung has a great one!"

I nodded, staring down at my coffee. "Oh, really? What is it?"

"I mean, it's not exactly a job, yet. Well, he's a trainee."

My eyebrows suddenly shot up. "Trainee? As in singing and dancing?"

"Yes!"

"Well, what does this guy do?"

"He can sing, dance, and rap! He's so talented!" Jungsu admitted, with sparkles in his eyes.

I nodded in approval. "Impressive."

Jungsu went back to eating his dessert while I gazed at him. "Jungsu?"

"Yes, umma?"

"About this guy.." I trailed off.

"Kookie hyung? Yeah, what about him?"

"You guys seem very close. I mean, you two hang out a lot."

Jungso paused the spoon that was gonna go in his mouth. "Of course. He's the best hyung in the world to me."

"And I get that, but..." I bit my bottom lip before giving a little fake laugh. "I feel like you spend time with him like he's your father or something," I half-joked.

He beamed, looking proud. "Well, I never thought of it that way."

"I'm happy that you get along with him. I've never seen you this..buoyant," I confessed.

My eyes suddenly broadened when he let out a large gasp. "What?" I questioned, alarmed.

"Umma!" He leaned against the table, his face a few inches away from mine.

I blinked, bewildered on his actions. "Y-yes?"

"You should meet Kookie hyung!" His eyes filled with joy.

I glanced around to see a few people staring at us like we were crazy, and I gave Jungsu a hard face. He immediately plopped down carelessly, causing me to give him a threatening look that said behave. In return, he gave me an innocent smile. 

I shook my head, embarrassed. "Oh Jungsu.."

"Umma~"

"Don't be childish!"

"I am a child!"

I stuck my tongue at him until he did the same. I closed my eyes, exhausted with his sassy attitude when I felt a small hand on top of mine. 

"Umma! Come on. Don't you wanna meet him?"

I sighed. "I don't know. If I really am considering of switching jobs, then I'm gonna be busy and-"

"You're overworking. Umma should get a break. Plus, Kookie hyung is really nice. I guarantee you'll have a fun day with him!" His hands were spread out in the air, trying his best to convince me. "Also, since I spend time with him a lot, I think it's about time you greet him," he teased.

I shrugged at him. "I'll think about it."

He pouted. "What do you mean you'll think about it? Isn't that another way of saying yes?"

"No, it's not. It just depends-"

"I'll take it as a yes."

"Jungsu!" I intently called.

He stopped. "Please, umma!" He begged me by taking my hands. I raised an eyebrow at him while he made his baby face at me. 

"Not also is he nice, but he's very charming, like me, too! Did I mention he's good-looking?" Jungsu fake thought, putting his finger on his chin.

I rolled my eyes as hard as I can. "Jungsu.."

"He's fun, kind, cool, funny, athletic. Oh, and he's only a year younger than you, too! He can also sing, dance, rap, and sing..Have I told you he can sing?" he blabbered on and on, counting off on his fingers, until I placed my hands on his shoulders. 

"Park Jungsu, what are you up to?"

He looked at me, surprised at my statement as he placed his hand on his chest. "What makes you think that?" 

I sighed at my dramatic son. "Well, I would think you are trying to set me up with him, which is not gonna happen."

His eyes dropped, disappointed. "Why not?.." He shot up from his seat. "I mean, pft, where did you get that thought from?" He peeked around, anxiously.

I clicked my tongue. "Look, Jungsu. You don't need to set me up with him. I'm not in the mood for dating, but thank you for trying."

His arms slumped by his sides. "Killjoy," he muttered. 

"Don't try to pair us up just because I'm your umma and he's your favorite hyung in the world. That's not how it works."

"But you're a lonely umma.." he mumbled.

"Just because I'm single, doesn't mean I need to be in a relationship. You can't play favoritism, Jungsu."

"I just thought since he makes me happy, I thought he would do the same to you, too." His feet began to shuffle on the floor. "I mean, you never tell me about your past relationships or appa."

Remorse ran me over like a train. The taste of bitter inside my mouth as I shut my lips together, not denying what he said. It's not like I didn't want to tell him, I just couldn't. "I guess that's why I'm doing this, to see a real smile again. A bright smile that will stay there forever."

"I-" I start to explain, yet he cut me off.

"You know, when hyung dropped me off, he told me he had a bad break-up, too. Although, I don't think it was just a break-up, maybe there something more he wasn't telling me. I just know him and her aren't together anymore. I might have known hyung for a few weeks, but it felt like I've known him my whole life. When he told me about her, I've never seen him look so heartbroken. I don't know who she is, neither do I know who my real father is, but I was thinking since you two didn't have good past relationships, maybe you two will get along and heal each other. I'm aware that I still want to find my own father, but," he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter