{15}

The Father of My Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sooyoung

 

"You what?!” I yelled as my body shot up like a rocket.

“Sooyoung, calm down,” Mrs. Jung pleaded, her hand flew to my arm. 

Without meaning to, I harshly ripped my arm away from her. “No, I can’t. How could you even-“

“Sooyoung-“

“Think about setting me up on a blind date without my consent?!” I asked, my face drowned in betrayal, while looking at my son’s babysitter to see any sign of regret.

Mrs. Jung sighed. “Please. Sit down, and I will answer all your questions.”

Having no choice, I carelessly collapsed down onto the couch, my arms crossed, while my head turned to the opposite direction. “Fine,” I mumbled.

She shook her head. “Like mother, like son.”

Pretending to not hear her comment, I motioned her with my head. “Well?”

Hearing another sigh, I felt her weight next to me. “Look, I know this is not easy, and I know it is not right for me to do something like this, but you have to understand me.” She her lips. “Think about it. You’ve been without a father for your son, or a man in general, for four years. It’s time for you to look forward and move on from your past. You’re still young, Sooyoung. Take advantage of it and get yourself an amazing boyfriend - there’s plenty of other fishes out there in the sea. You deserve to be happy.”

“I-I’m not ready,” I stuttered. “Thank you for trying to cheer me up, but this won’t work.”

“Don’t you dare say that when you haven’t even tried,” she scolded. 

“It’s true,” I turned to her, my eyes full of sorrow. “Let’s say that I do want to have this blind date. If I do go on this date, can you guarantee Jungsu would even allow for such a thing to happen?”

Mrs. Jung’s eyes slightly lit up, realizing the truth behind all of this. “It’s not just because you’re not ready, it’s because of Jungsu, isn’t it? You’re scared on what Jungsu will think. Afraid that your relationship with him will break because of this blind date.”

There was a moment of silence in the air. My eyes suddenly found the carpet floor to be interesting. “I just got away from Jungsu's fury a few weeks ago..I don’t want him to be angry at me, not again,” I paused. “And I honestly do not wanna relive the torture during that time.” 

“But can you please listen to me on this one,” her eyes glared straight into me, begging for attention. “Yes, of course, Jungsu is your main priority right now and should be, but has the thought ever occurred to you that maybe someday he will eventually begin to like the man you’ll bring home?” She slants away from me. “That’s other than his father,” she whispers.

I thought for a little. “W-well, no…”

“Exactly my point. It’s good to focus on the present, but it isn’t always so bad to take a head start look on the future, is it?”

A deep breath came out. “I guess not..”

“I deeply care for you and Jungsu, and I don’t want any harm for you two.”

“I know that, but-“

“But what? You’re not ready? Sooyoung, look at you. I get it, you can’t move on easily, no one does because everyone is different..but the more you say, ‘I’m not ready,’ then the farther you are from becoming ready. You’ll say that so much, to the point you don’t even realize you never will be ready. You’ll be stuck in the same place as you are right now, and that’s not gonna change if you actually get up, and start running.”

My mouth parted, while I gazed from afar, sinking in the words she told me. “You’re right,” I murmured, gripping my sleeve. “I should stop acting like this and walk forward,” I motivated myself.

“Which is why I’m encouraging you to go on that blind date,” she nudged me with a slight smile. “Go on that date. Start dating. Bring that man home, and have your happily ever after.”

“It’s not that simple,” I half-joke.

“It doesn’t have to be if you make it,” she shrugs.

I sniffled a tiny laugh. “I don’t know about that..”

Her hand touched my shoulder. “Think of it as a little break. Some time for you to go out, and have fun, living your fullest with someone.”

“But I can’t do it for Jungsu..”

“Then do it for you.”

 

 

A loud, yet gentle knock was heard throughout the house. Yoongi has just waken up from his deep “nap" and sits up on the couch, in a daze. His hair stuck in different directions, while smacking his lips repeatedly, wondering who is he, what is he doing, and where he is.

He rose from the furniture, stumbling from the rush as he staggered to the mirror, checking to see if he at least looks somewhat presentable. Not caring, he shrugged and made his way to the front door where another knock came in.

The flashing and blinding sunlight hit him as he groaned, slapping his hand on his face to block the sun. “What the hell..”

“Hey, Yoongi oppa!” Greeted an exuberant, and youthful voice.

Eyes squinting, he finally made out a small figure in front of him. Her pale, yet smooth face was highlighted with a luminous grin and eyes sparkled with interest. Light brown hair neatly tied into a high pony tail, while her hands s around a plastic wrapped plate.

“Oh. Hi, Wendy,” he welcomed, in her english name. “What brings you here?”

“Well, I was wondering if Seulgi unnie is home, she told me she wanted to talk about something.”

“Sorry, she’s not home, but she should be on the way right now. You can come in, and wait for her,” he turns his body for her to walk in before shutting the door.

“Oh, and I baked some brownies for you guys. Please feel free to eat them,” she went to place them on the kitchen table.

“Thanks for the brownies.”

“No problem.” Seungwan glanced around until a certain spot caught her eye. “Were you sleeping on the couch again?”

“Maybe.”

"The usual, I see,” she joked, and all he could do was shrug. “Why don’t you ever sleep in your bedroom, that’s what they’re for, aren’t they?”

“Yeah, but the couch is closer, and I don’t want to walk upstairs; that’s already more moving than I have to do.”

The girl giggled. “You’re so lackadaisical.”

One eyebrow hit up. “Lacka-what?”

“Lack-a-dai-si-cal,” the Canadian pronounced each syllable. She laughed at his witty reaction. “It means you lack enthusiasm, in better terms, lazy.”

“I don’t know whether to be surprised that word actually exists, or offended that you basically just called me a sloth,” eyes narrowing at her.

Her lips lifted up in a mocking way. “Well, maybe you should spend more time with Hoseok-“

“Oh hell no.”

“You gotta be extra plus ordinary, like Namjoon says!” Yoongi shook his head continuously, trying to prevent himself from slamming his head against the wall at the thought of spending more time with happy-go-lucky Hoseok. Seungwan slightly hit him. “Lighten up. It’s no fun being tedious all the time.”

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter