{12}

The Father of My Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

April Fools' Day, oh god how Park Sooyoung hates this so-called 'fun and lighthearted' day. She despised it. Literally. Sooyoung doesn't understand the fact on what's so funny on pulling jokes on someone that can easily make them embarrassed. She honestly finds it dumb. In fact, where did April Fools' come from anyway? Sooyoung later shook her head, realising she wouldn't care anyway. 

It was simple. The first day of April meant All Fools' Day, which means, no one can be trusted. Sooyoung thought it was easy, really easy. She doesn't get how most people would fall for the jokes when it's obvious they're being pranked.

She slamed her locker shut while her nose cringes in disgust. She looked to her right, a few meters away, she can smell the rotten moldy eggs that was put in the victim's locker. Sooyoung tried not to gag while pity hit her as she looked at the poor student who's locker was filled with eggs. 

"Gross," she spat. She turned around to see her best-friend leaning onto her locker with a smug look on his face.

"Sup, Sooyoung." Jungkook showed his goofy smile before his nose slightly wrinkled at the smell. "Poor kid," he muttered, looking at victim's locker.

"It's noona! How many times do I have to tell you?" She pouted.

"Someone is in a bad mood today, but then again, you always are." Jungkook quickly dodged her kick while giving her another grin.

"I just hate April Fools' day, that's all."

"Do you hate everything? You said you hated winter, and now April Fools'. What's next, Valentines Day?"

She snorted. "I do not hate everything. I have a perfect reason on why I dislike this day."

Jungkook's eyebrows stood up and signaled her to continue with his hand. "And it is?"

"It's unnecessary."

"Yes. April Fools' Day is totally unnecessary just like how I'm not right now," he waved his hands in the air dramatically, while Sooyoung stood there, glaring at him like she was about to rip his head off. Jungkook understood her stare as he shrugged. "Look, you weren't being specific enough, thus it was unnecessary for you to say unnecessary."

She gripped her journals and textbooks. "I just find it stupid to think a holiday-"

"It's not a holiday-"

"Like this even exist!" Sooyoung sighed. "I mean you tell jokes and pull pranks the whole day. I don't see what's so fun about it, like doesn't it get old?"

"Some people think it's fun," Jungkook defended.

She placed her hand on her hip with a challenged look. "Like?"

Jungkook raised his hand. "Like me!"

The girl rolled her eyes. "Of course. Why am I not surprised?"

"Just to answer your question, it does not get old. It's called coming up with new ideas."

"Well it's foolish and a waste of time," she hugged her stuff. "Any fool would fall for a simpleminded joke," she stated.

"Oh, really?" Jungkook asked interested.

"One hundred percent," she promised.

"Okay, Ms. Confident. How about this, I, Jungkook The Great, will try to make you fall for any jokes I give you. Actually, cut off the 'try,' it's obvious I'm gonna win." 

"And what do I do to win?"

"Simple. If you fall f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter