(9)

Absolute Levity

"Woohyun is here." Hoya said when he got off the phone, he sent Heejin down to be picked up.

"Why do you have to do this, though? I can manage myself just fine. By the way, that was totally ist." Heejin took her backpack from Hoya's shoulder and put it on her own.

"Because you're a girl - look around you, the female species is rare around here. It's a dangerous place."

"I can manage. Am I weak to you?" Heejin stopped walking and faced the latter.

"Not strong enough." Hoya easily pushed her back into the right direction and kept walking, arm over her shoulder. "Don't try me."

Woohyun approached the two of them, flashed a superficial smile at Hoya, and pulled Heejin away from him. Odd.

As Heejin got into the car, first thing she noticed was Myungsoo in the front seat, and Sunggyu sitting in the driver seat.

"How's school?" Sunggyu asked Heejin, not looking away from the road.

"It's okay, dad." Heejin replied, sardonic. Sunggyu gave her a glare through the rearview mirror.

"No, seriously. What did you learn?"

"It's not enough that my dad used to do this to me when I was in school, you need to do it too?"

"What Sunggyu meant was," Myungsoo sighed, lifting his head from his phone, "how did you find the place and the guys over there?"

"The syllabus is, well, I never thought you had to learn to become a gangster. But then again I never knew there was such thing as the Intellectual Gangsters Community." Heejin replied sarcastically.

"Oh, stop it. Hoya already told you everything you needed to know."

Heejin was silent, stubbornness in her expression. Her brows were knitted together, a slight pout on her lips.

"You're cute, you know that?" Woohyun commented about her expression, only half-joking. She gave him a death glare before scrolling through her phone.

The rest of the ride was just the usual - the boys karaoke-ing to their own songs while Heejin did her own thing; this time sleeping with her head against the window.

Whilst all that was happening, Woohyun kept stealing looks at Heejin. It was so obvious, even Sunggyu who was driving noticed.

"God damnit, Woohyun, just stare, okay? We won't say anything." Myungsoo snapped when Woohyun looked for the umpteenth time. Woohyun blushed and grinned sheepishly.

"It's just... nothing."

"Exactly. It's nothing. Stare the heck at her or don't stare at all."

"Why are you guys making such a fuss about it?"

"Because if you like her you gotta make it public, so she can't date anyone else. I think she likes Taehyun from Winner."

"Just because she sits next to him in class doesn't mean she likes him." Woohyun sighs at Sunggyu's overprotective antics.

"There's potential." Sunggyu retorted.

Woohyun made a face to that and chose to not fight anymore. Besides, they're kind of on his side. Shrugging the matter off, he fell asleep to Sungjong's humming.

When they reached home, tea was ready and Heejin was awake.

"Do I have to wake him up?" Heejin asked, eyeing Woohyun who fell asleep on her shoulder. 

"Up to you." Sungjong answered simply, to which Heejin frowned at, pushed Woohyun off his shoulder, and then got out of the car without him.