(5)

Absolute Levity

"Your lessons will be held here, but you won't be alone." Dongwoo announced to Heejin.

"Why? Who else is going to be here?"

"There are other gangs with new members, and some gangs have a tradition of recruiting annually. This is technically the recruiting season, and I can see why the guys took you in now; so you won't feel left out. It's like the time when school starts."

Heejin wasn't assured of anything at all at this point.

By this time, Sunggyu had entered the building. "I see you've met the best teachers in town right now."

"Oh? They're the trainers?" Heejin was taken by surprise. She was hoping that they wouldn't be around when she learnt whatever she had to; it would probably be embarrassing. Besides, she had developed a major crush on this Hoya guy.

"Do you guys have a group? Like, you know, everyone seems to have a gang, how about you guys?"

"We're part of the South Korean Mafia & Gangs Council. But yes, we are part of a gang. Bel-esprit."

"And what should that mean?"

"Look it up, will ya. Lesson's about to start." Myungsoo pulled me down into a room, where a typical classroom was arranged, and students rushed in for homeroom.

"Here's your timetable. This is technically high school over again." Woohyun pat Heejin in the back, with intention to calm her down.

She took her seat and just then, Sunggyu whispered in her ear, "and if anyone - I mean anyone - mentions they're from BAP or BTS or Block B, don't mess with whoever it is. And try to get as much information possible about that person. Don't tell anyone which group you're from; tell them you don't know."

"Who are they?" Heejin frowned, this people seemed like big shots.

"Dangerous people. Enemies, you can say. Explain later."

"You said that about everything else: explain later." Heejin spat.

"Be patient." He said as he walked out the door with the rest of Infinite. Just then, Dongwoo came into the class.

"Hey you guys, I'm going to pass out this form, fill it in, and then pass it up to me or Howon here." He gestured to Hoya, and then passed out the paper.

The form was just for basic information; your name, date of birth, primary and secondary education - tertiary if you have any, and your group. The information was to be kept secret, only the council would know so they can have it keyed into their database.

Just as everyone was done filling in their forms, they were given an instruction to proceed to the second floor studio. There, the first self-defense lesson was going to commence.

By then, Heejin was a nervous mess. The people she would be training with were people who knew what they were in for, they've done martial arts and are probably one of those avid gym-goers. How on earth was this good?

A girl in a grey sweatshirt and black tights approached her. She had a toned body of lean muscles, her ash-brown hair tied up into a neat bun and she walked in an intimidating manner.

"Hi, I'm Ara. Are you from the Council or something?"

"Um... no. I'm Heejin."

Ara nodded. "It doesn't seem like you belong here."

"I was forced into it." Okay, that wasn't really a lie, not as a whole, anyway; she was kind of forced into it, right?

"Well, we have time to work on you, but you have to train double-time. I'm a trainer. And from a gang." Ara smiled, but it was still not very welcoming.

"Which gang?"

"Nice try," Ara chuckled, "But that's top-secret."

Heejin doesn't like this place at all. She walked away from Ara - with a smile - to join the rest of the rookies. Most of them were guys, about 2 years younger than herself. Probably college freshmen.

And obviously shamelessly checking her out.

How Heejin regretted what she wore today; a three quarter sleeved white blouse and brown leather tight-fitting pants. Couldn't she have worn a shirt of a darker color so her bra wouldn't be seen?

Whatever, for now, it's a lesson learned. Now she's got these dongsaengs whistling at her as she walked past them to get in line.