(7)

Absolute Levity

After the first subject where she met Taehyun, Heejin walked to the cafeteria with Dongwoo. Hoya caught up with them, three guys behind him.

"Guys, meet Heejin." Hoya introduced her to them. "Heejin, this is Hanbin, Junhoe and Kevin. Hanbin and Junhoe are part of our version of MI-6, called iKon. Kevin from U-KISS, another gang." They shake hands and exchange smiles before they continue their journey upstairs to the canteen, on the mezzanine level.

In Heejin's mind, she's thinking, "It must be my lucky day - I'm surrounded by good-looking men! First Hoya, then Taehyun, and now Hanbin, Junhoe and Kevin! The day might not be so bad after all."

The six of them settled down around a circular table, just enough to seat them comfortably. Then Hoya got up, asking, "What do you want for lunch? To celebrate the so-called 'first day of school', I'll go buy lunch. And Heejin's is on me." He smiles pleasantly at her, causing the boys to tease them.

"Eyy," Taehyun started, "Opening day and you're already flirting with the ladies!"

Hoya put his head down and shook it in embarrassment, "I'm not flirting, I'm being a gentleman. Unlike yourself." He retorted. Spiteful.

"Go ahead, I'll get myself lunch." Heejin responded.

"No, today, it's my treat."

"I can manage, thank you." She attempted to get up from her seat, fishing for her wallet from her pocket, but Hoya pushed her back down.

"I'll buy you lunch." He said again, more sternly this time.

Heejin looked reluctant, but sighed. "If you insist. Do they have a Caesar salad? And vinegar for the dressing - no thousand island. While you're at it, a bottle of mineral water? Thanks, Howon." A smile etched slowly on Hoya's face - a victorious one, at that - as he walked to the line for lunch. Thing is, he's a teacher, and he has the looks - he gets to the front of the line in no time. 

Five minutes later, he comes back with everything Heejin asked for, plus orange juice and two sandwiches - one for him and one for her; "In case the salad isn't enough." He explains. So thoughtful of him.

The other boys could only roll their eyes and pretend to puke at the show of affection Hoya is pulling off. Hoya knows that they secretly think they can try their luck with her - he's just there to remind them that she's under Sunggyu now - the whiny brat won't let the girl date anyone, especially from another group. This is why most groups avoid having girls, so they can't date people from other groups and stain their trust.

So Sunggyu had been very careful with her. Careful with not saying too much, careful with not giving too much trust, careful with involving her with other groups. Which means Sunggyu probably regrets sending her off to the campus for official training under the watchful eyes of the Council. Of course, he had bribed Hoya and Dongwoo to befriend her and make sure she doesn't end up in the wrong crowd. But that can't hold her back forever, but hopefully long enough until she learns what she has to as a member of Infinite.

Hoya has another thing to settle - something Sunggyu is too chicken to settle himself - explain her role here, the system of this whole thing, technically the things Sunggyu was supposed to elucidate to her before she was even in this mess. Sunggyu probably didn't tell her because - let's face it, who'd want to be a part of this? Guys would probably want to for their image, to look tough and manly. But girls? It's either you were born and raised to be one, or you're the rare one who had to join because of someone's death wish. Sorry, Heejin. Your luck.

So Hoya started explaining, Dongwoo and Hanbin there for backup just in case he can't remember or Heejin attempts to run off.

A/N: That, my dear readers, will be in the next chapter. Till then!