#13

K to the D.

749w

For J, N and R, happy birthday, my darlings.

 


 

Jongin finds himself standing right outside Kyungsoo’s apartment. His phone on his left hand as he dials Kyungsoo’s number. He knew his idea was crazy but the weather is perfect and so does the one’s going to be with.

 

“Hey.” Kyungsoo’s answering voice is serene, just enough to make him melt. “Missed me already?”

 

“More or less, yeah.” He answers scruffily. He can sense the infectious smile his boyfriend is making. “Are you doing anything?” Jongin adds casually

 

“Jongin, its Friday night. I take a break from school too, you know.” Kyungsoo adds as a matter-of-fact tone.

 

“Great.” Jongin takes a deep breath. “Do you want to go out?”

 

“Where are we going? It’s 10 in the evening Jongin.” There’s a certain tone in Kyungsoo’s voice. The kind of tone that tells him the latter is too lazy to go out and rather sleep.

 

Jongin is a loving, considerate boyfriend. During normal days, he’ll let it pass but tonight, he knows that Kyungsoo will enjoy it, as much he does.

 

“I don’t know either but anywhere with you is fine.”

 

“Jongin.,” Kyungsoo starts again.

 

“Just a long drive around the city?”

 

“You’re crazy. You’re wasting gas and you don’t even have a ca—“

 

“I’m renting Sehun’s car for this, so c’mon.”

 

“Where the hell are you anyway?”

 

Jongin knocks once. He finds a Kyungsoo in his arms the second the door opens.

 

“You’re such an idiot for doing this.”

 

“But you’re up for it.” Jongin smirks, connecting their hands together.

-

 

They decided to drive from Kyungsoo’s apartment to wherever they decide to stop.

 

The windows are down as they pass the city. Jongin made sure to drive a little slow because he knows how much Kyungsoo loves the tall buildings and the colors that the lights bring.

 

He knows that he should face the road as he drives but Kyungsoo’s radiant face distracts him from doing so. The latter, on the other hand, gives him a deadly glare which means that he needs to focus on his driving rather than stare.

 

The wind is blowing against Kyungsoo’s skin. He closes his eyes to feel the wind lingering at his fingertips. He turns to Jongin who is doing the same as he sings a certain line of a song that he never heard. Kyungsoo doesn’t care if he doesn’t know the title. All he cares is how much he adores Jongin’s singing voice which is one his favorite sounds in the world.

 

2 hours of driving and one heated make-out session later, they find themselves at a distant clearing, sitting at the roof of the Mercedes with a comforter as their cover and the stars as their companion. Kyungsoo leans back to Jongin’s chest, as he pulls the comforter closer to them.

 

“Thank you.” he says to Jongin who is too awe-struck with the stars that fill up the sky. “You wasted gas and ruin the ozone layer for me.”

 

“2 years together and I will always wonder how you can make diabolical things sound romantic.”

 

“Because you love me.” Kyungsoo exclaims confidently. “Don’t you love me?”

 

“I wouldn’t waste my money on full tank gas if I don’t.”

 

“And of course, I’m your excuse so that you can use Sehun’s car.”

 

“That and because I love you more than anything else.”

 

Kyungsoo hides the blush from his cheeks. He plays with their intertwined fingers as they talk about the future. It’s funny how the future is scary and constantly changing yet Jongin is in his plans. The future is not certain but his feelings for Jongin is and will always be constant.

 

“Wanna head home?” Jongin asks, breaking Kyungsoo’s thoughts. The latter took one last stare at Jongin as he pulls him in for another peck.

 

And another.

 

And another.

 

He wants to nod to answer his question but he finds himself striding Jongin, kissing him deeper. His tongue finding his as they move to a familiar but exhilarating beat. Their hands go to places that they’re familiar with, creating a soft moan from both sides.

 

“I’m taking that as a yes?” Jongin said, catching their breaths.

 

Kyungsoo secretly wishes that Jongin will take a longer way.

 


an: based on Jason Mraz's song. :>