Same Place, Same Time

↻┊ stop & play - seventeen oneshot collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

title : same place, same time
pairing : jang doyoon & others
genre : friendship; humor; implied romance
originally published : january sixteen, twenty-fourteen
originally completed : january sixteen, twenty-fourteen
short summary : jang doyoon had one job, and he didn't even do it correctly.

“Remind me again why I'm here with you?” complained a chestnut-haired Doyoon as he tugged at the collar of his evergreen pullover vest, following Wonwoo who was taking larger-than-life steps, and Soonyoung whose eyes never left his cellphone screen.

“You're coming with us to pick up our girlfriends and we needed an extra car to bring their friend in,” Soonyoung recited the plan from memory while he flicked his thumb upwards to slide the block up; he was playing one of those puzzle games where he had to let one of those red boxes out of the room, “Their friend is coming in from a different gate though since she's coming in on a different flight. You're supposed to pick her up,”

The Incheon Airport was as busy as every for the upcoming holiday seasons with people crowding around in cow-like herds. There was barely any room to walk around in, let alone room for one person to at least stand in. Every inch of the beige tiled floors that were polished early that morning was covered by bags, trolleys, and humans, and pets. It was two days before Christmas and families from all over the country, Korean or not, were coming in airplane-loads to the snowy white scenery Korea had to offer. Or at least, to Doyoon, they were coming over to experience what it was like to live as frozen warm-blooded creatures. He would kill to get out of the country for the winter; maybe Hawaii or even the Bahamas.

The glass panes were stockpiled with at least six inches of snow preventing even the tiniest crack of moonlight to enter through the skyhigh ceiling. He could only hear the airplanes coming in and taking off; unlike during the summer when he could just look up and there he would see the bright blue Korean Air plane heading towards the fluffy white clouds that were as fluffy as his puppy at home, Guleum. Doyoon managed to squeeze through the massive bubble jackets of the people ahead of him, somehow getting his own coat stuck on one of their luggage bags. While trying to untangle himself, he looked ahead of him and realized that Wonwoo and Soonyoung had just kept walking ahead, not even realizing that they left the eldest boy behind.

“Hey guys, wait up! Don't just leave without me!” Too late. They were already lost in the sea of swarming humans.

Once free, Doyoon sprinted in the direction his friends disappeared to only to find himself standing in front of the bustling coffee bar. The smell of hazelnut wafted up of his nose, making his mouth water. He loved coffee as much as the next guy – well, as long as that next guy was his best friend, Seungcheol. As first year university students, they pretty much lived off the caffeinated beverage. On top of that, it was the cheapest food option that satisfied their black-hole stomachs and saved their lunch cards from being maxed out for the week. Over to the right next to the digitalized cafe menu was the arrivals board which passerbies glanced at as they hurried past. Walking over to the arrivals board that was planted on the wall just across the coffee bar, he scanned the list to check the status of the flight he was waiting for: Incoming flight from Michigan – On Time.

Checking his crisp white G-Shock he had received from his parents as a graduation present, Doyoon estimated that he had about twenty minutes to sit down and have a drink before the flight pulled in. He figured that since the incoming flight from Washington DC and New Jersey had already landed, it wouldn't be long until he had to go pick up that friend of theirs. Honestly, he had never even met any of the girls. The most he had ever heard was Wonwoo's girlfriend's name was Anh and she was Vietnamese. Soonyoung's girlfriend was Daoming, and assuming from that name, she was most likely Chinese. Rumor had it she was Mingming's little sister but it didn't make sense that the two would live on opposite sides of the world; one in New Jersey, the other in Korea. Doyoon's biggest question was: how did those two bimbos even have girlfriends in America?

“Ah, now this is what I needed,” Doyoon let out a deep breath after taking a sip of his Americano which h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter