Attractively Studious

↻┊ stop & play - seventeen oneshot collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

title : attractively studious
pairing : kwon soonyoung & hwang kiyoon
genre : friendship; school au; implied romance
originally published : august twenty-six, twenty-fourteen
originally completed : august twenty-six, twenty-fourteen
short summary : in which lee jihoon and lee chan bug their schoolmate, hwang kiyoon, endlessly about what she finds most attractive in a guy.

“And what about you, Kiyoon?” A boy, with his signature devilish grin on his mischievous face, asked the young girl quietly sitting on the couch across the student lounge with her nose stuck in her book. When she realized her underdeveloped munchkin friend was talking to her, she pried her eyes away from functions and tilted her head in question, “What are you talking about now, Jihoon?”

“Well, if you must refresh your memory, Kiyoon” The underclassman sitting next to Jihoon on the opposite couch copied the older boy's grin. Motioning to Jihoon, he continued, “I, the amazingly flirtatious Lee Chan, have told you before that I have a thing for homely brunette cuties. Minghao's admitted he was hot for mainland Chinese girls, and Jihoon hyung here has a thirst for girls shorter than him with fiery attitudes. Even Soonyoung hyung's admitted he's a er for smart girls,”

Chan paused, waiting to see if his dense friend would get where this was going. When she simply stared at her with her large brown eyes, Jihoon rolled his eyes and ever so bluntly asked, “So what about you, Kiyoon? What do like in a guy?”

Not seemingly interested in this conversation, Kiyoon grimaced and looked back down at her textbook, shifting a bit awkwardly as she adjusted her stomach-down position on the couch. Once more, she returned her attention to rereading the lesson on functions to see if she finally had the concept under her belt. On the other side of the room, a curly brown-haired boy dressed to the T in a button-down shirt underneath a pullover vest shot up from his chair, “How dare you ask that?”

Outraged, the boy was beside Kiyoon in a second, pulling her to his chest and none-too-gently smoothing her hair, “Tainting the mind of my innocent best friend, you evil, evil Lees!”

“Seunggwan, I can't breathe!” The solo female in the room flailed in the arms of her classmate, aka best friend. Choking on the soft, plush fabric of his vest, she complained at how tightly he was holding her. He sure had improved his arm strength ever since they graduated from middle school. On the far side of the room, a tall, slim, almost-ginger brown haired boy glanced over his seat from the desk near the window. He rose an eyebrow at Kiyoon's failed attempts to breathe, “Seunggwan, air.”

Immediately, the teddy bear boy jumped away as if he had accidentally burned himself on a boiling pot handle, “I'm sorry! Are you okay? Did I hurt you? I'm sorry!” he repeated over and over.

Shaking her head, Kiyoon reassured him that he was fine and there was absolutely nothing to get worked up about. If there was anything about Seunggwan, he was strongly affectionate and caring; always giving more than he received. Brushing her fingers through her hair, she returned the loose locks, regretting that she had forgotten her hair brush at home of all the days. Letting out an exhausted sigh from her unplanned exercise, she got down on her stomach once more, swinging her legs onto Seunggwan's lap who was sitting in the way, and went right back to functions. At this rate, she figured that if there were any further interruptions, she would have to reread the entire chapter when she got back home. Ugh, more work. Thankfully, functions were another way to avoid the Lee not-really-brothers brothers' questions.

From behind Jihoon and Chan, Dongjin casually walked up behind them and leaned over their heads, keeping himself upright by pressing his palms onto the back of the couch. With an innocent smile playing on his lips, he insisted, desperately interested in what his noona had to say, “Kiyoon noona, what about you?”

“I say she liked multi-talented guys,” Jihoon boasted, his little eyes turning into upside down half-moons as he flipped his blonde-highlighted auburn hair over his shoulders.

Ignoring the saucy smile on Jihoon's face, Chan shrugged his shoulders and made a rather obvious gesture towards Seunggwan who was currently doing his biology homework over her legs, “I think she's more into the optimistic, romantic types – isn't that right, Seunggwan hyung?”

Surprised at the sudden mention of his name like that, Seunggwan dug his pencil int

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter