To Love Satan

↻┊ stop & play - seventeen oneshot collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

title : to love satan
pairing : jeon wonwoo & anh nguyen
genre : romance; school au; friendship
short summary : anh contemplates on what love really is, and unknowingly, wonwoo helps her find the answer.

Marilyn Monroe was right. Everything that happens, I guess, ultimately happens for a reason. Before I knew what was happening, I became mortal frenemies with my exact opposite, and somehow ended up as his girlfriend. Me, the girl who protests with her whole being – body, mind, and soul – that there is no real reason or place in this world for romance. But as I grew older, and journeyed through life, I have somehow changed in someway. My heart as well. I've changed to the point where I'm willing to open my heart to a living, breathing, human being like me – Jeon Wonwoo.

“What'cha writing?” Wonwoo asked in that casual tone of his as he looked over his little girlfriend’s shoulder, “It looks pretty interesting,”

Reaching out in attempt to grab her baby blue notebook, Anh swiftly turned around and shot a piercing glare through his soul. Luckily, that seemed enough to send him rocketing backwards. There was a slight sadness in his expression as he pulled his lips into a little pout, which with her newly reformed heart, made her feel guilty. God, she hated it when he did that. It's not like he was some puppy or anything that could toy with her feelings, so why did she let him? This love thing really was bothersome. Closing her notebook, she placed it down on her lap and clipped the pen to the rings, “Look Wonwoo, occasionally girls need to keep some things... I don't know... private?”

“Like periods!” Wonwoo exclaimed joyously, earning himself a slap to the forehead courtesy of Anh. If there was anything she hated about Wonwoo, it was that he was totally open, and accepting of anything that came his way. If it sounded nice and a lot of people liked it, then he liked it too. No, he wasn't a trend-setter. He was the trend-follower. Scooting closer to her underneath the shade of the tree, she crossed his legs and leaned over, “Well, what did you write about then?”

“Dude, we just went over this,” Anh rolled her eyes and moved her notebook to her side, “I'm not telling you. It's private,”

“Fine, whatever. It's probably another one of your Anh things anyway,” he huffed and made his way down the hill. But in a fw seconds, he was marching right back up the hill with a peeved look on his face after he realized that there was still at least half an hour left in the free period, and the school day wasn't even close to being finished yet. Shaking her head, Anh chuckled a little to herself, and opened her notebook once again to continue on with her 'diary entry' – if you could call it that.

Love is absolutely useless. It makes one confused, and has the effect of making one rather emotional. And emotional is never a fun thing. I once read in an article once that it affects 12 areas of the brain that work to release chemicals such as dopamine, oxytocin, and adrenaline. And as all wise men (and women) say, concentration is key. But I guess if I think about it, the real question I have yet to answer for myself is why do I love him? Jeon Wonwoo of all people, my complete opposite,

Setting the notebook aside, Anh picked up a lavender colored notebook from the pile beside her, and flipped open her calculus textbook. Math wasn't her strongest point academic wise, but hey, it was much easier than Biology. Looking at the first problem, she smiled: f(x) = x^4/5(x - 7)^2 f'(x) = [4x^3(5(x - 7)^2 - 10(x-7)*x^4]/(25(x-7)^4) f"(x) = [20x^3(x - 7)^2 -10x^4(x – 7)]/(25(x-7)^4). This was a rather simple problem considering that they had just gone over that content yesterday in class. Anh nodded in triumph as she finished writing down the step-by-step process of soling the problem. She then stood up from her spot, brushed her skirt off, and did a quick stretch by raising her arms high above her head.

But before she knew it, an arm came from behind the tree, and grabbed her notebook while she was stretching, and the figure bolted down the hill faster than a cheetah on steroids. Sighing, Anh didn't bother running after him knowing that it was going to wind up back in her hands sooner or later. So the rest of the day passed, and Wonwoo didn't show up to any of his classes. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter