Twinning

↻┊ stop & play - seventeen oneshot collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

title : twinning
pairing : lee chan & ahn ji
genre : friendship; school au; implied romance
originally published : may twenty-four, twenty-thirteen
originally completed : may twenty-four, twenty-thirteen
short summary : in which chan forgets to dress down for a school trip

Chan stared at all his other classmates dressed down casually in shorts, jeans, and tees, while he sat in his homeroom awkwardly in his full school uniform. He tugged at the buttoned wrist sleeves, embarrassed that he was the only one in uniform that day. Because he had gotten home late last night from practice, he went straight to bed last night without thinking about preparations for his field trip. That morning, Chan quickly packed a small orange backpack he liked to carry around with a few items to keep him entertained on the bus on their way to their venue. Dressing down completely slipped his mind but was the first thing that hit him upon entering the school gates. The students in his class quieted down when the teacher started calling attendance.

“Ahn Ji?” Ms. Lim called out the name on the very top of the list, but there was no answer. Ahn Ji sat behind Chan and was always poking him during class asking if he could move his head. And like him, she was the only one in the class with a two character name; a short one at that. He didn’t really know much about her except that she wore the thickest lenses he had ever seen. No, he wasn’t talking about the frames. He’s referring to the lenses. Ji was literally legally blind without them. Her frames were simple: no frame and the lenses were oval shaped. You wouldn’t even know she had glasses from far away unless the light was reflecting on them.

Chan peered over his shoulder and saw that Ji’s seat was empty. Ms. Lim marked her down as absent and continued on. He wondered why Ji didn’t show up to school today. If anything, she was probably the most excited for the trip. They were going to visit the Seoul National Science Museum and he overheard her talking to one of the girls about how it was going to be her first time there. His school still believed in the buddy system so their teachers had set them up in groups of three. Because they were the last three in the back of the class, Seunggwan, Chan and Ji were put in the same group. Chan didn’t mind Seunggwan because they were pretty good friends and were in the same group under Pledis, but was worried that having Ji in the group would be awkward. At least now that she wasn’t here, he and Seunggwan could relax.

Once Ms. Li finished up attendance, the class began to file out of the classroom in their groups to the courtyard. As soon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter