When I Come Knocking

↻┊ stop & play - seventeen oneshot collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

title : when i come knocking
pairing : lee jihoon, kwon soonyoung & jeon wonwoo
genre : friendship; light humor; married life au
originally published : january eight, twenty-fourteen
originally completed : january eight, twenty-fourteen
short summary : don't you hate it when people just randomly show up at your house? well lee jihoon hates it.

Zzzt. Zzzt. Zzzt.

Silence.

Zzzt. Zzzt. Zzzt.

Silence.

Before the third set of vibrations came around, Lee Jihoon’s eyes flung open like the apocalypse was at large, and his hands flew towards his lamp table, snatching up his phone. Immediately his nose wrinkled at the screen, set to the maximum brightness setting as always, blinded him like it was the second coming of Jesus. With vision blurry from early morning grogginess, his fingers fumbled in trying to answer the call, dropping it in the sea of blankets underneath him. A frustrated groan came from the back of his throat when he slipped his hands underneath the thick, navy comforter to feel around for the cracked screen. When his fingertips brushed on the surface, he quickly retrieved it and answered the call.

“What do you want, Wonwoo?” he asked, eyes heavy and voice husky. The boy on the other side could hear a slight irritation in the younger boy's voice. Jihoon let out a lot an inaudible yawn as he leaned back down into the mattress, “You do realize it's like...midnight,”

Jeon Wonwoo, classmate since elementary school, and one of his best friends. To him, Wonwoo was the brother he'd never had. Now, ever since they had graduated high school about two years ago, Wonwoo had moved to the neighboring province for college, while Jihoon decided to stay local. Both had families of their own now, and worked at pretty respectable companies. It was rather odd to hear from Wonwoo at such a random hour like this...on a weekday. While Jihoon attempted to wake himself up, Wonwoo decided to explain his situation, “Hey bro, I've got a problem. See, I'm away on a business trip right now, and I have nowhere to stay. Is it alright if you stay with you for the night?”

“What? No!” Jihoon refused, a little to loudly since his wife next to him stirred in her sleep, “Check in at a hotel or something!”

“Too bad, I'm already here,” Jihoon could have sworn he could feel Wonwoo grinning at him, “Now let me in, man. I'm really hungry,”

It didn't take long for Jihoon to Usain Bolt down the stairs, through the living room, and to the front door. Asking him to stay at his house when he was already there. Ah, Wonwoo was still his troublemaking self even after two years. He (not so warmingly) greeted the newcomer into his house, helping him set his stuff down in the living room and set up camp on the family couch. Now, Jihoon and the rest of the family were on the vertically challenged side, so Wonwoo's giraffe legs ended up dangling over one of the arms. Staring down at Wonwoo, Jihoon crossed his arms, “Okay, so you said you were hungry right?”

“Yeah, can I have rice?” Wonwoo asked, “Anh's been really strict on me with my no-rice-at-all diet. It's killing me from the inside!”

“Sure, I'll get you something,” Jihoon bluntly said.

See, Jihoon was a man – but he was a rather weak man. Money had always been a pressuring factor for him, especially since he was still trying to earn his master's degree. Paying for college was no easy task, let alone both he and his wife were both in college. In short, he didn't really have a lot to offer for Wonwoo. Leaving the overgrown boy to make himself comfortable on the couch, Jihoon headed to the kitchen to sort out his problems. He had two of them at hand: he had to feed Wonwoo's black hold for a stomach, and he had to figure out where he would get food at such a late hour.

He paced back and forth from the dining table to the stove top a few times before placing his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter