Step on The Clouds

Dealing With The Clouds

Owah, I'm sorry for the slow update... I just feel tired and out of inspiration lately :(
Hope this will make you feel better.. Enjoy the flight with New Age Airlines ^^


Chanyeol wore his ANR and Baekhyun took his. They both waited for the approval from the main tower. Baekhyun's hand both sweating in nervousness. It's been years and now he had to fly with Chanyeol. The taller man seemed calm and Baekhyun sighed in relief. He didn't need to be afraid, they would face everything together.

"You can take off now," A voice heard as Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun who nodded.

"We will begin the take off procedure," Chanyeol replied.

"Be careful," Another voice heard as Chanyeol laughed.

"We will, Changmin hyung," Chanyeol spoke to his senior who worked in the flight tower, the building to coordinate every flight.

"Let's go then," Chanyeol pushed the control wheel ahead and the plane's speed increased.

Baekhyun closed one eye and tried to stay awake with Chanyeol. He was afraid of flying because it reminded him to his parents. They both passed away in the plane like a good pilot. He felt like flying when Chanyeol pulled down the control wheel, letting the plane flew out from the lane.

The first part ended well and Chanyeol grinned in happiness as he turned to see Baekhyun. The latter's face got paler than ever. Baekhyun managed to smile a bit, reassuring that he was okay to manage the fear.

"Are you okay?" Chanyeol asked.

"Yeah I'm good. How about you?" Baekhyun smiled towards the pilot.

"Glad to float this well," Chanyeol drifted his gaze to the sky with clouds.

Suddenly Luhan showed up and they both jolted on their seat.

"Thank God that you're okay," Luhan sighed as he leaned beside the door.

"Of course I'm okay. Milkshake again!" Chanyeol laughed and Baekhyun couldn't be happier to see his twinkling eyes.

"Milkshake? In a flight? Do those exist?" Baekhyun asked as Luhan chuckled.

"We do make some beverages for children," Luhan glanced at Chanyeol who pouted.

"Hey I'm a man now," Chanyeol defended himself.

"Yeah say that to a boy who cried yesterday. Baek, what do you want?" Luhan asked.

"A vanilla latte will be fine. Thanks hyung," Baekhyun smiled and Luhan waved goodbye.

Chanyeol looked at the sky and tried to suppress his fear. Baekhyun turned aside, absorbing Chanyeol's smiles. He turned out to like Chanyeol because this person's character made him out from his comfort zone.

"I'm wondering on how you suppress the fear. Plane crash wasn't a usual case," Baekhyun sparked the conversation.

"I want to protect everyone so they won't lose their family members like me. Since then I always learn how to be a good pilot. But once his trauma lingered in my heart. Since Kyung Soo's there to support me, I'm guess that I am okay," Chanyeol explained and the auto-pilot mode.

"Milkshake and latte," Yixing was the one who deliver the beverages.

"Thank you hyung," Chanyeol quickly drank it.

"Are you okay Baek?" Yixing asked as he gave the latte.

"I'm fine hyung. Thank you," Baekhyun smiled.

"The sky is good! Enjoy your first flight again," Yixing waved goodbye and Baekhyun replied right away.

They both stared at the blue sky ahead. Chanyeol started to complain that he never saw a bird. Maybe a bird could come and hit the plane. Baekhyun laughed along Chanyeol unreasonable thoughts about why cloud looked like cotton but no one couldn't touch it. Even it seemed dumb because he knew why, if Chanyeol said all those things, he didn't mind at all to listen.

This man broke his shelf much.

***

The flight turned out well. They went back to the airport safely. Kyung Soo quickly checked on Baekhyun as soon as they parked the plane to the hangar. Tao, Sehun, and Jongdae quickly checked on the engines.

"Welcome!" Suho gladly hugged Chanyeol.

"How's the flight?" Xiumin came with Jongin who helped Kyung Soo before the latter limped because of his condition.

"You are the one who I should ask first," Baekhyun said to Kyung Soo.

"I'm fine," Kyung Soo stated but Jongin wanted to speak before he stepped on his feet.

"No, check your condition," Chanyeol agreed.

"I'll drive the van," Xiumin said but Jongdae cut him.

"No, I'll drive. Now everyone get onto the van. Luhan and Suho hyung, wait for Kris to come to inform the current situation," Jongdae took the key from Suho as they all nodded.

Jongin was deadly pale because of Kyung Soo's condition. Jongdae drove the van calmly and Xiumin shocked to see his matureness. Baekhyun calmed Chanyeol down because the taller also freak out to see his co-pilot's condition. They soon reached the hospital with Kyung Soo straight to the emergency unit.

Few hours later of agony, Jongin stood up when a doctor went out. Suho, Kris, and Yixing who came with the cab also gathered around to hear Kyung Soo's condition.

"He got dengue fever. Maybe because of the new territorial. He is a co-pilot right? Must be because of the tropical destination. He is fine and we will move him to the treatment room. Don't worry much," The doctor said as they sighed in relief to know that Kyung Soo was fine.

"Thank you doctor...," Suho stopped because he didn't see any name tag.

"Doctor Shim. Let me lead you to the treatment room. I want to see him too," Dr. Shim walked as they followed them to Kyung Soo's room.

"Hyung," Jongin stormed to see his Kyung Soo.

"He will be fine," Kris assured.

"Of course. I will tell the nurses to schedule the check up on him. Don't overwork him okay. Let him rest," Dr. Shim excused himself and Suho accompanied him outside.

Chanyeol didn't dare to approach Kyung Soo because he didn't want to tear up again. Baekhyun stood in silence beside him. He felt something tickling his heart in angriness. The smaller boy stared up onto Chanyeol's gaze which full of worries on his best friend.

"Let's go find something to calm you down," Baekhyun pulled Chanyeol outside as the others eyed them.

Baekhyun went to a vending machine and got two cans of coffee for him and Chanyeol. He led the taller to sit and gave him the coffee. They drank in silence until Baekhyun decided to speak again.

"Kyung Soo will be okay," Baekhyun emphasized because he knew, a jealous feeling shouldn't be showed up this time.

Jealous? Oh.

"I know. But I'm worrying him that much. He is my best friend since my parents were gone. I'm glad to see Jongin stays by his side. I shouldn't worry much," Chanyeol sipped his coffee again.

"Yeah we shouldn't," Baekhyun felt a little guilty because he was jealous on Kyung Soo.

Chanyeol still on his gloomy mood and Baekhyun hate that. The first time he saw Chanyeol shouted at him for standing on the wing, he shocked but happy at the same time. It never faded away.

"Are you okay?" Chanyeol suddenly asked as Baekhyun blinked in confusion.

"I guess I am. Why did you ask that?"

"I just worry about you too. You seemed so pale when we took off," Chanyeol diverted his gaze to see Baekhyun eyes to eyes.

Baekhyun shocked to see Chanyeol's chocolate orbs staring into his eyes. He was paralyzed and his tongue froze. Chanyeol leaned closer and Baekhyun closed his eyes.

He jolted a bit when he felt soft lips on his. Chanyeol kissed him tenderly and let go after that breathtaking seconds. Baekhyun blushed at the sudden kiss. His stomach growled in excitement. When he felt that Chanyeol didn't too close again, he opened his eyes just to see the pilot's rich teeth smile.

"Too close!" Baekhyun shrieked because he almost blind to see those sparkling smile and pushed Chanyeol away gently as the latter laughed.

"You are cute when you blush," Chanyeol said as Baekhyun's face gone redder than ever.

"Should check on Soo again!" Baekhyun averted the topic as he stood up and walked first, leaving Chanyeol who grinned behind.

"Your lips are sweet," Chanyeol said again, earning smacks from Baekhyun.

"Yeol. We are in a hospital," Baekhyun reminded him.

"Okay okay," Chanyeol replied as Baekhyun opened the room door.

"Soo," Baekhyun stormed to hug Kyung Soo who had his dinner (with the help of Jongin and the others of course).

"Hyung," Kyung Soo replied as Chanyeol sat beside Kris.

"You guys should take a rest," Suho concluded.

"He's right; Kris and the crew should go back to the dorm. I, Suho, and Jongin will wait for Kyung Soo. Yixing, I owe you for tomorrow's schedule," Xiumin said as Yixing nodded.

Kris hugged everyone and Luhan's eyes got teary because he loved Kyung Soo. Sehun tapped his hyung's shoulder, earning a grin from Kyung Soo. Tao gladly presented his last aegyo before they went home to the sick co-pilot. Jongdae loved to tease Kyung Soo with sweet words that made him blush.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol wished Kyung Soo to get well soon before they went with Kris. Luhan smiled to see Baekhyun and Chanyeol talked well to each other. Jongdae's sharp eyesight caught them. He maybe knew what happened because he got everyone some cans of coffee and chuckled to see the memorable short kiss they shared. The engineer decided to keep this for his mind first until they declared it as a relationship.

"Men these days," Jongdae murmured.