Embrace the Occult Truth

Dealing With The Clouds

Luhan suggested to come back early as Kyung Soo went away with Jongin to buy dinner so they didn't need to go outside again. Baekhyun still absorbed the moment into his mind. Jongdae, the hyper one seemed silent to see the moment. Sehun shocked to see his hyung broke like that. Luhan quickly explained what happened to him and Sehun nodded.

They entered the van and Baekhyun choose to sit with Jongdae and Xiumin on the front side. Kris drove the van and Suho was the one who calmed Chanyeol down. The man slept because he was tired of crying. Luhan also wiped Chanyeol's tears and Sehun stared sadly. Yixing pulled a blanket available and covered Chanyeol with it.

Baekhyun stared outside the window. This was all coincidence. They both shared a fear. He knew what Chanyeol felt, how it was to lose both parents. He survived from the trauma even he sometimes remembered the moment. But Chanyeol, he broke down that easy so the trauma still lingered in his mind and heart. He hurt that much, Baekhyun thought as he wondered on what happened when Chanyeol survived.

Right after they arrived in the dorm, Kris carried Chanyeol to his room and Luhan opened the door. The tallest man laid Chanyeol softly on the bed as Yixing took off his shoes.

"Will he be okay?" Jongdae asked.

"He will be, Dae," Xiumin assured.

"We should take a bath and have dinner," Suho said as they nodded and went to their room.

Baekhyun entered his room and rushed to his laptop. The plane crash didn't happen often so there must be some connection between his parents and Chanyeol's. He stunned for a while to adjust himself in remembering the date. He remembered about the miracle boy in the news but didn't recognize it because he drowned in misery over his parents in the past. Some articles popped in and he checked it all right away.

His eyes widened to see the miracle boy's name as the survivor and his parents' name as the crew of the plane.

His parents were the pilot of that plane.

And the miracle boy was really Chanyeol, Park Chanyeol.

Baekhyun slammed his laptop down. He couldn't breathe well. It was just his second day in the dorm but everything turned so crazy. He met the miracle boy and needed to face the truth, bitter truth for exact. The moon began to rise and he took a warm bath to calm his mind. He didn't need to tell Chanyeol.

The engineer silently worried of that man's condition. Seven years was a long time but he couldn't even suppress the fear. He must be that afraid. Baekhyun started to cry. His parents' last goodbye cracked his mind again.

A soft knock heard and Baekhyun went to open it. Kyung Soo showed up, telling that dinner was ready.

"How is Chanyeol?" Baekhyun asked to the little man.

"He is fine. Can you help me get him?" Kyung Soo said and Baekhyun nodded.

They went to the side door and Kyung Soo knocked it several times. The door opened, revealing Chanyeol who just took a bath with towel on his head.

"Hello," Chanyeol greeted as Baekhyun shocked to see him in normal state again.

"Dinner is ready," Kyung Soo announced.

"I will come right away. Baek, are you okay?" Chanyeol turned to Baekhyun who quickly gained his consciousness again as Kyung Soo eyed them both.

"I'm-I'm okay," Baekhyun replied.

"Okay I'll go prepare dinner," Kyung Soo went away, leaving both men who stunned to see each other.

"I'm sorry to freak you out," Chanyeol spoke.

"No, I also feel the same," Baekhyun quickly replied.

"What do you mean?"

"No, I need to go now. See you in dinner," Baekhyun sprinted fast, avoiding Chanyeol's confuse stares.

Baekhyun couldn't eat well that night. All the delicious food didn't make him happy at all. Yixing noticed Baekhyun's lack of movements.

"Baek, you should eat. Tomorrow is our busy day again," Yixing said and Baekhyun realized that tomorrow he would work officially.

Chanyeol didn't know what bothered Baekhyun but he noticed the change of his expression. The statement he made earlier confused him too. Felt the same? About what? Chanyeol's thought disturbed when Xiumin handed him the meat for him to eat again.

Jongdae kept bickering about tomorrow's usual day. But Kris was eager to fly again. He was that kind of workaholic pilot so he took many flights. Suho didn't mind but Kris needed to maintain his health. They ended the dinner before midnight and decided to rest.

***

A noisy alarm heard and Baekhyun jumped from his bed. He stared at the clock and widened his eyes.

It was ing 4 in the morning.

He quickly took a bath and wore his new engineer uniform. After that he went out from his room.

"I hate that alarm!" Jongdae shrieked as Tao shook his head in dissapproval before spotted Baekhyun.

"We should check on the plane," Tao said as Sehun joined them to the hangar.

They went out from the dorm. The morning chilliness made Baekhyun shivered. Tao opened the hangar and Sehun the light. Only five planes but he couldn't help but amazed the fine quality.

"Let's go!" Sehun happily walked to the fifth plane, which he responsible with.

"Chanyeol will use the second plane and you should check it for him. I'll go check Kris's plane," Tao said.

"Do you like Kris?" Baekhyun wanted to slap himself for such a personal question that he shouldn't ask to someone who wasn't that close with him.

"Yes I do. Now go finish your task," Tao answered and Baekhyun swore he could see Tao's blush.

Baekhyun climbed to the stairs and started from the front side. His eyes were sharp all the way. He quickly down to take some equipments to optimizing the plane. Soon he drowned into the world of cables and machines. Baekhyun suddenly stopped when he realized the contrast between Chanyeol's trauma and his job. Why should he be a pilot? How if he afraid to fly again?

Chanyeol yawned and wore his suit. Another flight to go. He opened the room door and saw Kyung Soo did the same. They smiled at each other while walking to the hangar. Kris was already there, casually talking with Tao. Chanyeol didn't know what happened but they seemed closer than before. Kyung Soo also noticed that Kris wasn't that nervous anymore. They stared at each other and thought the same thing about Kris and Tao.

He saw Baekhyun on the stairs and stared at the plane's machine. Kyung Soo quickly greeted the man, making him stumble a bit.

"Be careful!" Chanyeol shouted and Baekhyun turned around to see him.

"How's the plane?" Kyung Soo asked as Baekhyun went down to meet them.

"He is fine. I'm amazed by the quality of all this planes," Baekhyun admitted.

"Gonna go soon. Thanks Baek," Chanyeol smiled softly and Baekhyun nodded as he looked to Chanyeol who hopped into the plane.

"Be careful!" Baekhyun replied as Chanyeol flashed him a smile in the cockpit.

"He likes you," Kyung Soo chuckled as Baekhyun blushed.

"He doesn’t," he quickly defended himself.

Besides, they had issues and if Chanyeol knew it, he was officially dead.

Kyung Soo followed Chanyeol and waved at Baekhyun who smiled. The plane started to move and Sehun gladly opened the hangar door. Just few hours, Baekhyun thought. The stewards and stewardess must be waited in the airport to assist the passengers so he knew where Luhan and Yixing were.

"Good morning!" Xiumin greeted as Jongdae beamed happily to hug him.

"Morning my Baoziii," Jongdae nuzzled to his boyfriend's neck as Sehun's jaw hung open and Tao covered his eyes.

"Jongdae hyung, Sehun is here," Tao reminded and Jongdae let go.

"I'm going to inform that the flight will be more frequent now since we got so many orders," Xiumin announced.

"Kai sure did a great job," Sehun said.

"Yeah he is that bratty," Jongdae agreed.

"Good then," Tao commented.

"How about the pilot?" Baekhyun asked, concerned about three pilots only in their airlines.

"Kris got his friend from the academy to assist him all the time and Chanyeol got Kyung Soo," Suho answered as he came with pouted Jongin.

"I haven't say goodbye to Soo," Jongin said weakly as Sehun comforted him.

"They will be back soon," Baekhyun said as everyone nodded in agreement.

Baekhyun busied himself instead of waiting for Chanyeol. Why would he wait for him anyway? He shook his head and drowned himself to the machines ahead. The noon came and Chanyeol wasn't there yet with everyone.

"Hey everybody," Kris hopped down from his plane with Yixing.

"So Yeol and the rest aren't here yet," Yixing realized and Tao nodded.

Suddenly Sehun heard a plane noise and ran to open the gate. A plane drove and parked inside. The door was opened harshly as Luhan went out with Kyung Soo on his back.

"What happened?" Suho asked as they eyed Kyung Soo's pale face.

"He got fever," Luhan gave Kyung Soo to Kris to carry him back to the dorm.

"I'll take care of him," Jongin said as he followed Kris to the dorm.

"Lucky we don't have any flight schedule again today. But what about tomorrow?" Suho asked.

"I can go by myself," Chanyeol said but everyone stared at him in disbelief.

"I'll go," A voice heard as they turned around to see the speaker.

It was Baekhyun who said that.


A/n
How was it everyone? hehehe ^^
Hope I don't make you confuse of the story, I don't know why but I seem to get on angsty mood these days despite all the college pressures on me..
A first time in writing slight angst with Baekhyun and Chanyeol I guess and I hope I don't dissapoint you :)
Go support
Dealing With The Clouds by subscribing, commenting and upvoting ^^
I'm processing the next chapter now ^^
Thank you for noticing this fics and stay tune with New Airlines Crew ^^