One Little Thing Called Trust

Dealing With The Clouds

Chanyeol knew where he was going with Baekhyun. It was a restaurant which he loved along with all the members. Baekhyun just stared to the lamps from every shop until Chanyeol parked the car.

"We are here," He announced happily and hold Baekhyun's wrist before he got out. "Let me open the door for you."

"Don't be such a gentleman. It's not a date anyway," Baekhyun reminded and Chanyeol started to get nervous so he let Baekhyun went out.

Chanyeol led Baekhyun to a huge restaurant there. The fancy one, Baekhyun thought as he entered it with Chanyeol. People were eating and chatting to each other happily in their table. Baekhyun smiled weakly to see a family there.

"Baek?" Chanyeol called and Baekhyun followed him to their table.

"This is too fancy," Baekhyun emphasized but kept looking around.

"Let's order something. I'll recommend the good menu of course," Chanyeol opened the menu.

"I believe you. Just order a nice food for me," Baekhyun replied.

"Fine then."

Baekhyun didn't feel comfortable because Chanyeol may ask some personal questions that he didn't want to ask now.

"Oh how much I miss my parents," Chanyeol said as he glanced to a family near them and Baekhyun's heart knocked to hear it.

"Me too."

"So your parents are pilot? For real? Then why you choose to be an engineer?" Chanyeol casually asked.

"They passed away and I don't want flying to remind me of them," Baekhyun admitted that.

"Are you okay with the flight tomorrow? I can go by myself actually."

"No I don't want you to go by yourself. Not after I saw you cried," Baekhyun closed his mouth because he said it.

"You must know that from Soo. Have you heard about miracle boy?" Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun gulped because he needed to tell Chanyeol soon.

"I know it."

"What an ironic story. I didn't like it when they exaggerated things like in those articles."

"Chanyeol, did you happen to know the pilots of the plane?" Baekhyun braved himself to ask.

"I heard because they both famous. Mr. and Mrs. Byun were...," Chanyeol's eyes widened as he realized. "Your surname is Byun, right?"

"Yes," Baekhyun closed his eyes because he didn't want to see Chanyeol.

Chanyeol remembered when he searched about the pilot's identity. Mr. Byun left a son who happened to be the best trainee in flight academy seven years ago. The son was now missing after his parents' dead and rumored to go to states.

"And you are from the states," Chanyeol continued as he started to shiver.

"Chanyeol, I know that we just know each other for days. But for my parents, I want to say sorry to you," Baekhyun quickly said and Chanyeol's teary eyes hurt him much.

The food came and they ate in silence. Baekhyun knew that Chanyeol was sad to remember everything again. He knew the feelings of losing both parents in one time. Baekhyun understood fully. At last they finished and Chanyeol stood up to pay. Baekhyun handed him the money but he declined it.

"It's a welcome treat," Chanyeol stated.

"Yeol, I'm sorry," Baekhyun said once again as they went to the car.

"Can we go somewhere? I need to refresh my mind."

"Yes. I will accompany you," Baekhyun entered the car.

Chanyeol didn't say anything and it worried Baekhyun to death. He got a good response instead of 'I hate you' or 'I don't want to see you again' or 'murderer'. But still, Chanyeol's unreadable expression scared him. They stopped near the river and Chanyeol went out from the car.

Baekhyun felt the fresh air in the night. The river shine because of building lamps. He saw Chanyeol went out from the car and stood in front of the lake. He heard a sob and sprinted to Chanyeol.

"Yeol?" Baekhyun called just to see Chanyeol's swollen red eyes.

He didn't know what got him when he wrapped his hand onto Chanyeol's waist, pulling him into a hug. Chanyeol didn't push him away and rested his head on Baekhyun's head and sobbed again. The smaller man couldn't hold his tears anymore.

They both cried and realized that they shared the same loss.

***

"Will they be okay?" Sehun asked worriedly as they gathered in the movie room.

"They will be, I trust Baekhyun," Luhan replied.

"They are back," Jongdae heard some footsteps outside as Kris and Suho quickly went out.

"Yeol? Are you okay?" Kris asked as Suho shocked to see Chanyeol's swollen eyes.

"Let me help you," Suho softly dragged Chanyeol to his room, leaving Baekhyun behind.

"How about you?" Kris asked and everyone showed up.

"I-I shouldn't come here at the first time," Baekhyun said.

"Everything happens for a reason, Baek," Yixing stated.

"But I hurt him that much," Baekhyun murmured.

"What do you mean by that?" Tao asked.

"We know," Kyung Soo, who at last recover from the fever stepped ahead as Baekhyun's eyes widened.

"Yeah don't worry," Jongin tapped on Baekhyun's shoulder.

"Care to explain?" Xiumin asked carefully.

"My parents, they were the pilots when Chanyeol took the flight," Baekhyun ended the simple sentence as everyone gasped in shock excluding Jongin and Kyung Soo.

"What an odd and weird fate, ever," Jongdae sighed as they led Baekhyun to rest in the movie room.

"He didn't go angry at you. That's the good sign," Kyung Soo said and Baekhyun couldn't more agree at the statement.

Suho opened the door and helped Chanyeol sat on his bed. The taller man looked exhausted between his cry. The manager rubbed his back softly to calm him down. The room felt so gloomy and Suho cringed at Chanyeol's aura. He never stayed like that. The rich teeth man always smiled like a creep with his positive radiance all over the place.

"Hyung."

"What is it Yeol?"

"Baekhyun's parents, they were pilots of my flight seven years ago," Chanyeol murmured softly and Suho shocked to hear it.

"Don't say that you are angry to him now. I believe that you are now an adult who can suppress your feelings well," Suho quickly replied.

"My heart is angry to him but, but I-I actually like him," Chanyeol confessed.

"Go get some sleep okay? Tomorrow you will have flights to go," Suho suggested and Chanyeol obliged by changing his clothes to go to sleep.

***

That alarm rang but Baekhyun didn't care anymore because he got up earlier than ever. A sudden knock shocked him that morning. He opened the door and saw Kyung Soo in front of him with a white suit on his hand.

"Use mine. I'm sorry. I don't know what to say beside I'm sorry," Kyung Soo said as Baekhyun smiled.

"Don't worry," Baekhyun took the suit and let Kyung Soo inside to wait for him.

He stared at the suit and sighed. All this white colors reminded him to his parents. But now he needed to be strong for Chanyeol. Kyung Soo cheered to see Baekhyun in those and quickly dragged him outside. Sehun gasped to feel the different aura to see Baekhyun in such clothes.

"Good luck," Luhan hugged the man and Baekhyun hugged them all.

A man stepped out from his room with the same suit. Chanyeol looked so dazzling in the uniform all the time and Baekhyun couldn't help but blush while he and the others strolling to the hangar.

"We separate here. I need to go with Luhan," Yixing smiled as Luhan waved goodbye to the other crew.

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun who seemed paler than before when they arrived in front of the plane. Baekhyun gulped and Chanyeol walked towards the door.

"Are you okay?" He asked to the smaller man.

"I'm fine," Baekhyun flatly said but Chanyeol caugh the fearness in his eyes.

"Don't worry. I'm here," Chanyeol tapped on Baekhyun's shoulder.

Baekhyun found it funny how Chanyeol tried to be strong but he knew that the taller man had his own fear. He chuckled a little and followed Chanyeol again to the cockpit. The small door opened to a room with buttons like an electronic playground. Baekhyun inhaled some air.

"Go sit with me," Chanyeol beamed and Baekhyun knew that he could trust him.

"Excited much?" Baekhyun replied.

"Do you trust me?" Chanyeol seriously asked after Baekhyun sat beside him.

"I do trust you," Baekhyun smiled and shocked when Chanyeol squeezed his hand.

"Let's go then!" Chanyeol cheered as he the engine.

 

 


At last another update hohoho ^^
Hope you enjoy the story so far.. I feel like I'm a boring person right now..
Seems to lose my radiance because the college is started and the schedule is crazy..
Sorry for the crappy chapter ;_;